Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Back in March 2022, I took my Big Bend in for an oil change. My dealer had a bare bones Badlands on their lot for the first time, allowing me to test drive the 2.0L. That sealed the deal and I ordered my dream Badlands on the spot (Velocity Blue, best color ever, plus premium and towing packages with the beautiful Carbonized Gray roof)
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) ezgif-2-db78a046a7

After waiting 6 months for it to be built, it got lost in transit for over two months. My dealer nor Ford knew why it hadn't been loaded onto a train and sent across the Mexico border to my town in Arizona. I was starting to lose hope. The day it arrived at my dealer, it was covered in railyard dust and the Ford tracker still showed it sitting in Mexico. I was just so happy it was sitting in front of me, but my dealer could hardly believe it when it came off the transport truck.
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20221021_164837

I said goodbye to my Big Bend and picked up my Badlands two days later. The night I brought it home, the wrench warning light came on in my garage. I was terrified I'd bought a lemon, but replacing the factory shift module fixed the issue. I still sat in my garage for a while each day to gawk at it. Couldn't believe how vivid Velocity Blue was in person and just how much of an upgrade it was from my Big Bend.
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20221024_180351

I did take one fully stock photo before I started modding.
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20221028_122053

Then the mods progressed:
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20221028_143357

Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20221106_081507
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20221209_175640

Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20221028_165157

First off road outing in the Coronado National Forest in Arizona.
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) Side.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) P9910272.JPG

Then, we made our big move to North Carolina so I could start my dream job on the Pisgah National Forest. I threw a set of KO2s on and continued modding. It drove like an entirely different vehicle after swapping the tires - Huge improvement.
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20230618_143951
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20230828_190822

Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20231009_155519

I showed my Badlands in a car show, the first annual Great Smoky Mountain Bronco Stampede. It was the first time I'd ever done it and I had a blast. I'll be back next year with even more mods to show off.
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20230819_102302

Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20230819_154829

One year and 13,256 miles later, this car continues to be far more than just a means of transportation, at least to me. It's taken me down every nasty forest road I've pushed it to, cruised along the Blue Ridge Parkway, climbed to the top of the sky islands in Arizona, hit the sandy beaches of South Carolina, hauled everything from plants to groceries to heavy loads of rocks and pavers, and it's taken two cross-country road trips in comfort and style. It gets compliments from folks almost daily just driving around town and continues to be a springboard for me to meet the nicest "Bronco people" everywhere I go. Best of all, it makes me feel proud and confident whenever I get behind the wheel. I'm seeing more and more Sports on the road nowadays, but this one is special because it's mine. One year is in the books, and hopefully many more to come.

Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) P9910258.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20231005_162240

Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20230808_183818

Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20211213_210444
Sponsored

Last edited:

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
That's awesome! Velocity blue is gorgeous. I just wish it had been an option on the 21's.

Where did you get the rear quarter panel and rear seat cupholder graphics? Those are really nifty and I haven't seen those patterns before.

Congrats on the move, new job, and awesome vehicle!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome! Velocity blue is gorgeous. I just wish it had been an option on the 21's.

Where did you get the rear quarter panel and rear seat cupholder graphics? Those are take nifty and I haven't seen those patterns before.

Congrats on the move, new job, and awesome vehicle!
Thank you so much! I'm feeling very fortunate to have some stability in my life to be able to enjoy everything I've worked for. I'm easy to please, but driving the Bronco really does make me so happy.

The cup holder decal was actually a "bonus gift" with another Etsy order. I tried to find a link but there were no decals at all in the artist's shop, so unfortunately I think I've got a one-of-a-kind. The mountains on the quarter panel were purchased here. I do have one other interior decal on the center console found here.

Ford Bronco Sport One Year Later with my Badlands Sport (A Photo Journey) 20231009_151803

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Welcome to the area from southwestern Virginia. Your BS looks great. My wife loves her 2021 BB.

Wandering Pinto

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations! October 22nd was my one year anniversary. I roniclly I flew from Wisconsin to Knoxville Tennessee to buy it and we spent a couple of days in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park enjoying the fall colors. When is the Bronco Stampede next year? Our years schedule is already pretty full , but looks like fun.

DahliaDarlin'

Outer Banks
First Name
Lise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2005 Honda Civic
I love this post! I just made my first road trip in my OB. Loved it. My dog loved it. Just a really fun vehicle. So nice to own after years of just the bare bones, practical Honda sedan! Every day I drive it I love it more. Great pictures too.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
You just may be the most genuinely obsessed owner on this forum and I think that is GREAT!!!:like: It's even better that you use yours to its full potential.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Nice post Kris. Glad things are working out both with your job and vehicle. The BS Badlands is a great vehicle. Your picture of the bricks in the back made me laugh. I thought I was the only one using the “utility “ part of the SUV. I had two 35 gallon garbage cans stuffed with mulched leaf pieces shoved in the back going to the compost lot. Thought about hooking up the trailer but this is easier. Makes a mess of the white material on the headliner and side but that’s what I use it for.

Sojourner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Great post. Thank you!

I have Eruption Green and feel the same way as you do about the Velocity Blue (and the BS, in general). We have also done pretty much the same mods; the AVS Aeroskin on the front not only helps protect, but I think it looks great, too. I added the chrome Bronco on the rear gate, too. But mine faces the opposite way. Different rear window decals, but same great look.

I hadn't considered the console or rear cup holder decals, though. I will be copying you in some way there, too! Thanks for the ideas! đź‘Ť

Again, great post. Again, thank you!

P.S. Where did you find your mini Bronco Sport?

Last edited:

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
Great post. Thank you!

I have Euption Green and feel the same way as you do about the Velocity Blue (and the BS, in general). We have also done pretty much the same mods; the AVS Aeroskin on the front not only helps protect, but I think it looks great, too. I added the chrome Bronco on the rear gate, too. But mine faces the opposite way. Different rear window decals, but same great look.

I hadn't considered the console or rear cup holder decals, though. I will be copying you in some way there, too! Thanks for the ideas! đź‘Ť

Again, great post. Again, thank you!

P.S. Where did you find your mini Bronco Sport?
See:

I found this on eBay for $4. It's made by Greenlight Collectibles.
Found a tiny version of mine.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20231005_162240