Rough Country Lift Kit 40 hours later

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hey everyone!
As you know Rough Country has had some rather glaring issues since launching their lift kit over a year ago at this point. My wife and I recently upgraded the look of our Bronco Sport with Falken Wildpeak AT Tires, The RC Nudge Bar, and the 1.5” RC lift kit. The reason I went with the lift was because I am new to the lifting and modding of vehicles and I have always known RC to be decent and on almost every vehicle in and around the state and towns I grew up in. I had seen the mixed reviews for the Bronco Sport and thought “ehh it’s been a year maybe they should have it fixed by now” and let me tell you… it IS NOT. After around 40 hours AFTER we installed it and only about 30-40 IN TOWN MILES, the lift has severe clanking in the front tires. The only reason I am posting this thread is to see how many of y’all 1. Have RC lifts installed and 2. If you had the same issues and if you either brought it in to get it tightened and it was fixed OR took it off and went with a different lift all together. I have ordered the HRG lift kit and am going to have my shop install that one as soon as it comes in, but I am also wondering if all I have to do it tighten the RC lift kit and it’ll be just fine. I’ve seen mixed bags all over on so many threads about tightening the RC and it’s fine after and others say it doesn’t make a difference and they got rid of it. All of this is probably a moot point anyways as I fully plan on using the HRG lift as I’ve seen nothing but 100% success rate, unless I’m wrong and haven’t seen it. It’s very disappointing that a lift kit can be so bad in quality as it looks very nice on the Bronco Sport. I just want the clanking to go away! ?

thanks everyone, hope to see some sort of feedback
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I think you have found what many others here have. The RC kit has problems that RC apparently doesn’t care to fix. HRG does seem to be the current “go-to” lift kit.

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
Hey everyone!
As you know Rough Country has had some rather glaring issues since launching their lift kit over a year ago at this point. My wife and I recently upgraded the look of our Bronco Sport with Falken Wildpeak AT Tires, The RC Nudge Bar, and the 1.5” RC lift kit. The reason I went with the lift was because I am new to the lifting and modding of vehicles and I have always known RC to be decent and on almost every vehicle in and around the state and towns I grew up in. I had seen the mixed reviews for the Bronco Sport and thought “ehh it’s been a year maybe they should have it fixed by now” and let me tell you… it IS NOT. After around 40 hours AFTER we installed it and only about 30-40 IN TOWN MILES, the lift has severe clanking in the front tires. The only reason I am posting this thread is to see how many of y’all 1. Have RC lifts installed and 2. If you had the same issues and if you either brought it in to get it tightened and it was fixed OR took it off and went with a different lift all together. I have ordered the HRG lift kit and am going to have my shop install that one as soon as it comes in, but I am also wondering if all I have to do it tighten the RC lift kit and it’ll be just fine. I’ve seen mixed bags all over on so many threads about tightening the RC and it’s fine after and others say it doesn’t make a difference and they got rid of it. All of this is probably a moot point anyways as I fully plan on using the HRG lift as I’ve seen nothing but 100% success rate, unless I’m wrong and haven’t seen it. It’s very disappointing that a lift kit can be so bad in quality as it looks very nice on the Bronco Sport. I just want the clanking to go away! ?

Tightening it won’t help the clanking comes from not having a cut out for the strut hat, I learned the hard way by having a readylift which supposedly fixed, as what I was told directly from readylift.

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lift Kit 40 hours later 5B61373D-7988-4DA4-A6F6-81C31344CEFE

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lift Kit 40 hours later ED251B83-9ACB-43B8-8360-EAB6FE4D6EAA

OP
OP
BigBendBroncoSport
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Tightening it won’t help the clanking comes from not having a cut out for the strut hat, I learned the hard way by having a readylift which supposedly fixed, as what I was told directly from readylift.

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lift Kit 40 hours later 5B61373D-7988-4DA4-A6F6-81C31344CEFE

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lift Kit 40 hours later ED251B83-9ACB-43B8-8360-EAB6FE4D6EAA
Thank you so much!!! Glad I got that HRG lift coming then. I will deal with / drive it very limited the next 2-3 days until I get it put on. I wish I wasn’t such a forgiving / nieve person. I should’ve never put it on after I saw some of the reviews.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’ve been able to get around the strut hat issue by installing some reinforced rubber spacer washers between the Strut and the RC spacer. Not an issue there for mine.

My biggest issue is that I’m having to re-tighten the sway bar links every now and again. I even got some thread hold and somehow I still find myself having to tighten them.

I’m not too happy with their sway bar links in general, and I want to remove the link drop down bracket as well, seeing it is a weak point. I’ll feel much better with longer sway links of better quality with the RC kit I already have.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been able to get around the strut hat issue by installing some reinforced rubber spacer washers between the Strut and the RC spacer. Not an issue there for mine.

My biggest issue is that I’m having to re-tighten the sway bar links every now and again. I even got some thread hold and somehow I still find myself having to tighten them.

I’m not too happy with their sway bar links in general, and I want to remove the link drop down bracket as well, seeing it is a weak point. I’ll feel much better with longer sway links of better quality with the RC kit I already have.
I think it has been stated here before that you can buy those longer sway bar end-links from HRGoffroad.com. I'm sure there are other places too but at least HRG knows what length you need.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I think it has been stated here before that you can buy those longer sway bar end-links from HRGoffroad.com. I'm sure there are other places too but at least HRG knows what length you need.
i saw in another thread The other day about a drop down from RC that snapped. As soon as I get myBS back from the dealer for its recall check, 10k service, faulting rear TPS, and the ever so popular “what’s that noise”rattling, I’m measuring so I can order. Most aftermarket links are adjustable, but I’d prefer to get fixed length, so I need to be as precise as possible.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i saw in another thread The other day about a drop down from RC that snapped. As soon as I get myBS back from the dealer for its recall check, 10k service, faulting rear TPS, and the ever so popular “what’s that noise”rattling, I’m measuring so I can order. Most aftermarket links are adjustable, but I’d prefer to get fixed length, so I need to be as precise as possible.
Let us know what length you end up getting that works. I'm sure others will benefit from having the data available here.

SoCal Warrior

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hey everyone!

I just had mine installed last week. So far so good. Only a couple hundred miles in. Shop told me to bring it back in at 1000 miles to tighten it up.

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same. I've had my rough country installed for about 12,000s miles and the clunking noise started happening. I contacted rough country and they sent out a pair of sway bar end links to replace mine. They got hollowed out from all the impact and jarring the lift was making on the ends links.

I went up 4x4 and on my way home I started hearing that sound again. The driver side end link on the sway bar became loose again. 17" extension tightens the bolt but after another 100 miles I started hearing another clunking sound. I checked both sway bar end links and there tight.

Many 4x4 shops say rough country is reputable. After this incident, I refuse to purchase any other there products moving forward. I can't believe they were able to put this flawed product on brand-new cars.

I'm going to purchase sway bar links from whiteline. That's the only cure I see in sight.

Any other recommendations I would greatly appreciate it. I feel like this lift kit is doing permanent damage to my bronco.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Any shop that tells you rough country is reputable lift is a shitty shop. You get what you pay for.

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Any shop that tells you rough country is reputable lift is a shitty shop. You get what you pay for.

Hmmm. Thanks for the advice lol. Good to know🙂👍.

Moving forward with the Ford Ranger lift kit 2.0. I haven't found any discrepancies or issues with this kit. And hell it's .5 more clearance so in return I don't feel like I lost much. Just time and a little 🤑. https://fordrangerlifts.com/shop/ols/products/xn-2021-bronco-sport-2-level-lift-w28r

Rough Country now has a lifted struts spring lift for $600. After all this troubleshooting not chance in hell haha. https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-bronco-sport-lift-kit-40131.html
Sponsored

Last edited: