scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
Wanted to downsize from my tuned F-150 - was spending too much on fuel and approaching 25k hard miles.

Saw a fully loaded Big Bend in the rare Smoke Bronze color - made money on the F-150, paid off the BS.

I wanted the 1.5 for mileage and reliability. Since I never used 4WD or the rear locker in the F-150, figured $5k more for the Badlands was overkill.

I do love the platform, so I may stay with the BS for some time.
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Because me and the wife liked it.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
First off this is my wife's ride, (I have an 05 F150) She has had in the past a Bronco II & 3 Explorer Sports so she wanted a new 2021 Bronco Sport. looked at the local dealers & all they had were white, black, & gray Sports, she wanted red or blue. I searched for a while & found a dealer with a red one coming in. We went & looked at it, my wife drove it & we both liked it so we bought it on the spot & drove it home. We got the Big Bend model because we wanted one with cloth seats, & did not need any more added gadgets then this one has.
Ford Bronco Sport If you didn't order, why did you pick your color/trim/options 100_1896.JPG

SquarePants

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I had been driving a 5-speed 2005 Element for the past 5 years and loved it. (wife, not so much) Totally a modular/utility vehicle with an engine that will outlast the rest of it...

On a whim, I went to a local dealer last summer to see the hybrid Maverick they had on their website. Found out no one actually had - or would have - a Maverick for sale for years! They had a Cyber Orange Big Bend out front so I went ahead and gave it a spin. It was fun, but I decided to sleep on it. Or course, it sold that afternoon. So I went on the Ford website and began searching...

I had a deposit on a cyber-orange Big Bend that was built back in August. When it didn't show up as scheduled in October, I decided maybe the Badlands upgrade was worth it. Here in Louisville, many of the dealers honor the Z-plan pricing, but no orange BL inventory scheduled to come in the 22 model year. In mid-November, I was able to find a dealer about a 100 miles away in Indiana who had one with the only option I really wanted - the trailer hitch. I got it the day after it came in and they honored the Z-plan pricing and 1.9% financing!

I like cloth interior and the way the orange accents match the exterior. I would like to have a white top to honor my mom's 60 chevy and it would look more like a draft beer.

Love it so far. (wife not so much)

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Was planning to wait a couple years to see if I could get a PHEV that I liked, but got rear-ended in our Subaru Forester and insurance totalled it, so we needed a replacement right away.
We needed something with the same cargo and passenger space as the Forester, and the BS ended up being the one we liked (we also looked at the Escape, which was available in PHEV, but I didn't like it).
My list of necessities was a tow package, and my wants included rubberized seat backs and rubber flooring, and I liked the Area 51 color, but my wife was partial to the Cactus Grey. I also decided on the Big Bend because it had the rear air vents, and when I looked, the base model didn't have power side mirror adjustment (but it looks like it says it does now). It seemed like every model available on a lot in the area also came with the Convenience package, which I did not really want. I also decided that the cargo management system was a dealbreaker since it seemed like it would significantly reduce cargo volume. I eventually found what I wanted on a nearby lot and had planned to go check it out with intent to buy over the upcoming weekend, but my wife was still not sold on the Area 51 color, so we stopped by our local dealer which had both colors in stock, though one was a higher trim, and neither had a tow package. (as it turned out, my wife discovered the Heritage model and decided she liked that color best, but that was a hard pass on my part)
Once we saw the Area 51 and the Catus side by side, my wife agreed the Area 51 was better, Anyway, the salesman offered a test drive, and the kids wanted to check it out too. The Area 51 model also came with the Convenience package, and a moon roof, which I also didn't care for (though my kids like it), and as said, no tow package, which was a dealbreaker.
The salesman was good, though, and offered a price that rivaled the model I was planning to go get after trying to buy that model off the other dealer. He threw in a tow hitch (installed after market), and that along with the price settled the deal. The fact that this dealer is under 2 miles from our house also helped since we'd be taking whichever BS we bought there for necessary servicing, so better to buy from them from the start, I figured.
To end thisunexpectedly long post, I told him I'd buy it on Sunday as I had planned to, and Sunday afternoon we owned a new BS. Got the tow hitch installed a week later, the only disappointment being that the aftermarket wiring kit just has the connector on a wire in the spare tire well instead of in the bumper like the OEM.

All in all, though, I will likely still be looking for a PHEV in a few years. Would be nice if the BS was offered that way.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mid-winter 2021 I was shopping smaller SUVs and stumbled on a dealer mannequin Sport w/Badlands package and every other option save the "steelies" and tires on the lot. Offered at below invoice, provided I would let them put 4,000 mi. on it first AND wait the 4 mos. required. These were *nowhere* to be found (esp. at the incredible low price), so I put my deposit down and then Ford suspended the mannequin program and they released it to me -- at that time it was after about 1 mo. and had 950 miles on it. I had considered Cyber Orange --anything lighter/brighter --but settled on Cactus Gray when I found my Oxford White Sport on the lot and "settled" for that (and glad I did). Performs like a champ for me except for 4 small disappointments -- 1.) a dash rattle in cold weather near the dash air vent; 2.) a loose rubber seal along the front of the moonroof glass that rattles going down the road, 3.) the hood wobbling with the addition of the deflector (mostly addressed by fitting the length of fuel hose into the rear rubber seal under the hood), an 4.) paint failure on the LH cruise control buttons -- will be a free warranty replacement. Right now I'm kinda Jonesing for a set of the new Oxford White steelies -- anybody got a takeoff set from their new Heritage Sport? :)

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
My old car, a 2006 Accord, had some issues that were going to take a while to repair, if it even was repairable. I was planing to buy a new car around June but I decided to go ahead and get one in late March. I drove around San Antonio looking at Accords and Passports, then finally went to another dealership a few hours away that had a Passport I had been watching for a few weeks.

The Passport just wasn't for me. I went back to the newer Accords and felt the same.

The salesman had been great and I was feeling bad for wasting his time while wondering what I was going to do about a car. He asked what I thought about the Bronco Sports and mentioned they had just got three in. I said let me drive one. I got in and it felt pretty comfortable. I've always had smaller cars, the Accord being the largest and had actually been considering the Civic. I'm a single guy... why do I need all that room. The drive felt comfortable, it was peppy, so on the way back I said I'll take it! I bet he just about đź’© himself since I didn't even bother with negotiating.

My only research was that I had watched a Doug Demuro video on YouTube whenever it came out on my subs list. I never searched a video on them.

So they had three on hand. IIRC there was a black unknown trim, light blue Heritage, and an Oxford White Big Bend. He grabbed the keys to the Big Bend and that's what I bought. It was right at the edge of my budget so when I looked at the price of the Heritage while waiting, I just kept walking. I didn't want a black car.

Since then, I've done some research. Really, I think I'd still get the Big Bend version. I priced the OB, BL, and Hs with the options I would choose and the Big Bend comes out ahead. Now, I haven't gone off road with it and haven't driven a BL, so that might change if I end up needing the extras.

If I had a choice of what to build and I could afford it, I'd get the Big Bend in either Atlas Blue or Oxford White with the Black Diamond, Convenience, Co-Pilot 360+, Tow Package, and maybe a moonroof.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
All I know is I wanted a Badlands, and I didn't want to order one. So inventory was limited. I honestly think there was a total of like 10 in all of South Florida. I was close to getting an Eruption Green one, but the dealer started to yank my chain, so I cut bait. Found one at my price level and the dealer was solid in the process, the whole way thru. It ended up being Shadow Black. I thought it was serendipitous since my Mustang is also Shadow Black.

But honestly, I don't think there is a color that I would've poo-pood. I personally think the Area 51 is pretty awesome.

Goodland

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I came across mine on the lot with 10k miles on it, cyber orange BL with premium interior. If I was ordering new, I wouldn't have ponied (hah) up for a Badlands, let alone the interior. As it is, I'm missing the factory hitch and not much else. Maybe 360+ would be nice, and I like the steelies style wheels more, but I'm pretty happy that I found this as it is.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
It sort of picked me…. My prior vehicle needed too much work, starting with a rear main seal. Time to go after 140k miles. I had self imposed price, and option requirements and the BS was on a very short list.

Since time was of the essence I bought my BS off the lot. Along with AWD, I required a trailer hitch for some short distance, light duty towing. Of the 14 BS on the lot, only 2 had the hitch. Both were Heritage trim and one just had a deposit put down on it. Process of elimination left my BS Heritage in Alto Blue which I’ve had for 1600 or so miles now. Honestly, I’m liking it more than I expected.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have bought one off the lot and ordered one as well. I bought my 21 Big Bend off the lot because we were down to 1 car for 2 people and we needed the second vehicle ASAP. Saw the return of the Bronco line in a 2020 Superbowl commercial and the rest was history. I couldn't find a Badlands anywhere at the time due to demand and Covid, so the BB held us over for a year and a half while I ordered and waited for my Badlands. Area 51 looked nice, but I was really needing the 2.0L and extra off road gadgets (and wanting the creature comforts and tow package). I was relieved when my BL finally arrived and the dealer gave me more than I paid to trade in the BB. It was nervewracking to keep the BB as pristine and low mile as possible for 8 months while waiting on my order. Wouldn't do it again - especially since I had to drive it across the country twice for work during that time. Hope whoever has it now is enjoying it!

Ford Bronco Sport If you didn't order, why did you pick your color/trim/options 20220521_152850

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I really liked the way cyber orange with black roof looks. But that wasn't an option for BB. So I was in between cactus grey and area 51. The white letters is what made me go with area 51.
Placed an order but couple of days after I found the same exact car (plus co-pilot) in a different dealer. Bought for $500 over MSRP in 21, when used cars prices where crazy and I wanted to sell my mustang.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I wanted an OBX and found my second choice in color which I love now. Took about 3-4 weeks to find one without getting hosed on numbers over sticker. I actually got deal at $1800 off when adding a $400 discount and free dealer installed options. I would only go with the ebony roast interior. Got the exact options I wanted.

roboto65

Big Bend
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Wife and I bought Mavericks and I left for work on the boat. I was looking at the Big Bronco but the price was killing me, so I saw the BS and loved it and a great price. So decided to call my salesman and trade the Maverick in when I got home. The only stipulation was no White :crackup: so they had an Iconic Silver with the convenience package and I snatched it up.

Ford Bronco Sport If you didn't order, why did you pick your color/trim/options 20230918_164859
Sponsored