wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
2021 Badlands. I don't drive my BL very often in the dark, but I noticed something early this morning which I probably missed for the 10 months I've owned it.

Going slow around a couple of corners, both left and right, I noticed when I turned the steering wheel, I had what looks like a cornering light come on and then go off when I straightened the wheel.

I didn't check to see whether the light is located in the headlight or if it's turning on the fog lights for cornering.

The manual is vague, just showing a diagram and saying(if equipped). Thoughts?
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
2021 Badlands. I don't drive my BL very often in the dark, but I noticed something early this morning which I probably missed for the 10 months I've owned it.

Going slow around a couple of corners, both left and right, I noticed when I turned the steering wheel, I had what looks like a cornering light come on and then go off when I straightened the wheel.

I didn't check to see whether the light is located in the headlight or if it's turning on the fog lights for cornering.

It is turning on the fog light. If you have the fog lights turned on then nothing changes when turning.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It is turning on the fog light. If you have the fog lights turned on then nothing changes when turning.
10-4 Thanks for the quick reply. I was leaning that direction but didn't know for sure.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I never noticed. I have my fog lights on with my headlights.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I never noticed. I have my fog lights on with my headlights.
I usually do also but this morning I didn't. Nice touch by Ford.

I believe my 2018 Escape Titanium had separate cornering lights.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands

I first saw this watching some off-road YouTubes of the BS. At first, I thought it was an artifact, or reflection on the video camera, similar to the flickering one sees with LED lighting.
You can see the cornering lights on this YouTube video at 27:27.

Last edited:

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yep, this is a thing. Your fog lights act as cornering lights by default. I took it for granted at first, bur realized what a helpful feature it is after driving another vehicle without it.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Those are separate puddle lights, not the fog lights. Only come on at low speed when turning. My Focus also has them also, notice the bulb inside the reflector facing to the side next to the projector lens. Bronco uses the smaller strip lights in the housing.

Ford Bronco Sport Didn't know this 16978894419203210971873954780185

Ford Bronco Sport Didn't know this 16978894597254858624758746695827

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Are they on the BB model?

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Those are separate puddle lights, not the fog lights. Only come on at low speed when turning. My Focus also has them also, notice the bulb inside the reflector facing to the side next to the projector lens. Bronco uses the smaller strip lights in the housing.

Ford Bronco Sport Didn't know this 16978894419203210971873954780185

Ford Bronco Sport Didn't know this 16978894597254858624758746695827
The strips are your turn signals. The fogs are the cornering lights for models equipped with them

Last edited:

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
The strips are your turn signals. The fogs are the cornering lights for OBX and BL/HEL models
Do they get brighter? I run my fogs all the time and I do notice the corner lights turning on at lower speeds. Now I'm curious and wanna test it out tonight.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Do they get brighter? I run my fogs all the time and I do notice the corner lights turning on at lower speeds. Now I'm curious and wanna test it out tonight.
No effect when they are already turned on. Unless I’ve never noticed but I don’t think so.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks

It is your fog lights. If the fog lights are turned on then the one opposite the corner turns off while the corner fog remains on. Pretty cool feature. I would like this on our Jeep.

Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Cornering lights were added by the Insurance Institutions and safety boards. In order to get the highest ratings, vehicles must have them. Lack of them will drop one star iff the safety rating. And yes, it is the fig lights.
Sponsored