WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
I am curious about those of you who are like me and bought off a lot rather than placing an order. Did you get the color/trim/options you wanted, or did you have to settle for something else because you wanted the Sport that much.

For me the BS wasn't even on the radar. I was looking into a Maverick to replace my 2019 Ranger because I wanted something a little smaller that got better gas mileage, plus saving money on a cheaper vehicle. It was the area 51 color that I really loved and somewhere along the line I ended up looking at the BS online and it made more sense from a practical standpoint. I figured I could get a small trailer that I can use when I need to haul stuff. Also there were three things I had to have, push button start with smart entry, blind spot monitoring and AWD. That would put me into a lariat ecoboost in the Maverick which was really more than I wanted to spend. I decided I wanted a Big Bend in Area 51. I like the body colored roof better than the black or grey and I think it has the best looking wheels of all the trims (although the alloy 'steelies' are very cool, didn't want to spend the money on a Badlands). I also really don't like the two color options for leather in the Outer Banks. Turns out my local dealer had a Big Bend in Area 51 with the Big Bend package and tow package on the way at MSRP. I put $500 down and waited. I learned on this forum how to track it and I knew it was on the lot before my salesman did. Unfortunately, they couldn't sell it because of the FDM recall. So I waited some more. Then we found out that the recall had been taken care of before it was shipped and it was some sort of oversight. Still they wouldn't sell it to me and my salesman told me they wouldn't tell him why. He said they possibly found something else wrong with it but I think they sold it out from under me. Anyway, he found another big bend at a dealer in the seattle area. Same color and trim but missing the tow package. It also had the ebony interior rather than the medium dark slate the original one. I like the ebony better. They offered to dealer install the hitch for $550 which is about $250 less than normal so I took them up on it and they did a great job. I am honestly not sure if I would have taken any other color just to get the vehicle. Cactus gray and carbonized gray maybe. Also one last thing. When I drove my car off the lot it was the first time I had even sat in one much less driven one. That is something I've never done with a new vehicle. I was sure it was going to be awesome and it is. It is far and away my favorite of all the cars I've had over the years. Ultimately I am glad I got this one because the original was one of the lot rot June builds that sat for like four months before it was shipped to the dealer.
Sponsored

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I made this post on another thread, but I'll repeat it here. We have another new vehicle on order (23 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD), but who knows when that will ever show up (6-9 months maybe???). Anyway, our daily driver (2008 Toyota Avlon with 320k on it) is not something I want to round-trip to California (again) so we can see my wife's 90 year-old father with health issues. We needed something with AWD/4WD and thought maybe we could find a new BS BB. My wife commented that she like the Cyber Orange color, but availability was the higher priority. Walked into the local dealer just to see what, if anything, was available. They had 2 that day, both 2022 BB, one in Cyber Orange and the other White. Needless to say, my CFO (wife) approved the purchase on the spot. Cheers!

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
we bought ours off the lot, base model. A few reasons, there were none available at the time, we are old school and fancy gadgets or options we don't really care about, and our dealer 'Steeltown Ford in Selkirk , MB' was incredible to work with. It was also the only compact suv we could fit in, we are both tall. The dealer also had the windows tinted, powdercoated the wheels and it looked sharp. They gave us a great deal for our 2 trade ins, as we no longer needed the 2 cars (although i severely miss my 2015 civic si). So for us, buying off the lot worked 100%.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Bought off the lot.
l wanted the Badlands from the start.
I kept an open mind and tried the various 1.5 variants, and while the variants could be had with upper level creature comforts so to speak, the Badlands drivetrain won it for me, more capability, more unique and for a CUV, it's practically a hod rod if you want it to be.
I chose the Area 51 color.

Last edited:

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
After shopping for a month or so and not wanting to order and wait 6 months... I fell into a deal on a Badlands that someone had ordered and declined to accept on the day it arrived. Luckily I had just spoken with that dealer a few hours before and they called me. They are the only dealer in the area that IS NOT marking up the vehicles! It was not my preferred color (Velocity Blue) but had all I wanted (premium package, 235 tires) except for the co-pilot360+.

Last edited:

ipage

Big Bend
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Bought off the lot.
Was frustrated with my two higher km dailys and the cost associated with repairing them. Went to my local Ford dealer to "just take a look" and left with a Hot Pepper Red Big bend.

Wasn't too sure about the colour at first but decided to go with it as the other cactus grey unit on the lot did not have CoPilot 360+ which was a must have.

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
Never even considered a BS. Was shopping for a fun 4WD SUV.

Found a badlands with….
Premium package (leather, B & O, etc.
Moonroof
Tow pkg
Co pilot 360+
Falken tires
Cargo system
Shadow black roof w/the white has a cool Land Rover look.

And it was a couple grand under MSRP clearing out ‘22 models!

For the money in today’s market I thought it was amazing.

4k miles in still loving it.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We did not pick the options we bought ours off the lot. My wife wanted red or blue, & to make sure it did not have leather seats. We searched local dealers to no avail, & ended up getting it from a dealer 1 hour away in N.C.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Well I went to the Dealer with my 2021 for the fuel injector recall, as I was waiting I took a walk outside into the parking lot and came upon this Atlas Blue Metallic, as I was looking at the window sticker for me, there was only 1 option missing from my check list, front camera. It has the sunroof check, 360 + check, leather check, B & O sound system check, trailer hitch check, cargo system check, Ambient lighting check, OuterBanks check, Black roof check, Atlas Blue Metallic is stunning check check, so we made a deal for my new Atlas Blue Metallic 2023 OuterBanks check, and out the door I left on Good Friday check !!!

Ford Bronco Sport If you didn't order, why did you pick your color/trim/options BFA37D29-D2F2-4762-8B7A-B295F46897B3

mikeyncc

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Bogus email made me call my local dealership. Told them what I wanted, mainly cactus grey. I was called back right away, they had an OBX on the lot. Bought it the next morning after 18 mos of searching. This happened Jan 13 2023 and yes it happened to be a Friday. The luckiest day of my life....

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
I didn’t. My wife did. It’s her vehicle. I just get to drive once in a while. It had all the options she wanted. And the color, cactus gray, sealed the deal.

Djmiland

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I bought my BD OB in cyber orange right off the lot--I was lucky to find exactly what I wanted at the time. I chose Outer Banks over the BB for the electronics and Co-Pilot 360--and I chose Outer Banks over the Bad Lands for the higher MPG. As for the color? Simple: After 25 years of grey, black, and silver vehicles, I wanted something I could find more easily in the parking lot. Cyber orange (or school bus yellow as my spouse calls it) certainly stands out.

OrangeJoe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Had black for a bit, then went to Alto blue. Underrated colour in my opinion. Looks basically black in overcast weather but has a nice pop in sunny weather.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It was ready to go after waiting a month for the recall fix. It had bigger wheels a tow package. Done.
Sponsored