Factory Tow hitch, install after purchase....Any one?

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BIGBEND & 2023 Bronco BADLANDS
I would be all over this with my Badlands "IF" it was attainable.
It is shown as an accessory to buy for non factory installed models.

But can you really get this finished look from the kit from Ford?
This picture presents as a very clean look.

After looking at the wiring thread posted here I can't imagine Ford not having an electrical clip in, in the back, for a tow hitch

Has another bought the factory kit?
Ford Bronco Sport Factory Tow hitch, install after purchase....Any one? Tow hitch Bronco Sport
Sponsored

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost don't want to add a hitch because it will certainly change my angle of departure.
Only thing I would carry on any regular basis is my Kayak - which I put on top.

imaynzr

Big Bend
First Name
ioema
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
If you buy from Ford dealer at time of vehicle sale, you will get the Ford OEM kit and if you buy install, it will be installed properly. It will NOT look like your picture though. In a slightly dishonest way, the picture shows the hitch a installed at the factory but when you buy from Ford accessories at time of vehicle sale, the Ford installer (or you if you install yourself) will CUT the existing bumper so the receiver shows because the bumper is different. Most installs will only cut room for the receiver and the wiring female part is behind the bumper unless the bumper is cut an additional six inches or so to expose the part. I needed the hitch for light towing (heavier towing I use the F150) ; elsewise, I would have passed on principle as I think the image is very misleading..

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
I came to the conclusion, that if you didn't get your hitch at the factory, there really is no point in getting the "Ford factory hitch".

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/best-non-straight-from-the-factory-hitch.9489/

@imaynzr is correct. All hitches will require you to cut your bumper, if you're adding one now. So unless you go out and buy a new "OEM rear bumper" (which I actually contemplated ... and still may) it won't look like that. The good news is, you really can't tell its "non factory" unless you get up close and personal with it.

Last edited:

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Our BS/BB did not come with the tow package which we added. We got the Ford hitch, & wiring, new & bought the rear bumper used & used our Ford points towards the install at our local Ford dealer.

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I see a picture of the completed install?

The_Jimmer

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
You can get a Curt Hitch and wiring, installed at a reputable local shop for about $300. Absolutely no reason to buy from Ford. The Curt comes with a "cut" template to use and mine looks perfectly fine. I haul 1000lbs of corn feed regularly with the load mostly at the tongue and have never had a problem. If you go to a U-haul installer or if you have a local shop you trust, as did I, you will be fine. It is NOT necessary to pull off the tail lights to run the wiring.

roboto65

Big Bend
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
I am installing one today on my BB let me know if you need anything.

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I am still wanting to add an hitch and wiring to mine too. I think I will install it myself. There are plenty of videos out there showing how to do it. I am pretty sure I will go with the Ford hitch. I prefer how it installs over the Curt and the other brands talked about in this forum. In one of the threads someone posted that they were rear-ended with the curt hitch and the body shop person told them if they’d had the Ford hitch there would have been less damage because of the attachment difference. That comment makes me lean more toward getting the Ford hitch. No matter which one you get, the install is pretty involved.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I am still wanting to add a bitch and wiring to mine too. I think I will install it myself. There are plenty of videos out there showing how to do it.
Hmmm. I've never heard of anyone installing a bitch in their car. Let us know how that works out! :crackup:

imaynzr

Big Bend
First Name
ioema
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I am still wanting to add an hitch and wiring to mine too. I think I will install it myself. There are plenty of videos out there showing how to do it. I am pretty sure I will go with the Ford hitch. I prefer how it installs over the Curt and the other brands talked about in this forum. In one of the threads someone posted that they were rear-ended with the curt hitch and the body shop person told them if they’d had the Ford hitch there would have been less damage because of the attachment difference. That comment makes me lean more toward getting the Ford hitch. No matter which one you get, the install is pretty involved.
The Ford install and hitch at my dealer are definitely different than self, Curt, U Haul or the buddy with a garage. I just figured if I spent 35-40k on a little vehicle, I'd spring the extra couple hundred for my dealer install. I couldn't have done it the way they did it easily.

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a picture of your factory install?

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The Ford install and hitch at my dealer are definitely different than self, Curt, U Haul or the buddy with a garage. I just figured if I spent 35-40k on a little vehicle, I'd spring the extra couple hundred for my dealer install. I couldn't have done it the way they did it easily.
Did your dealer do the install for just $200? The dealer I bought my BS from was telling me they would charge close to $1500-$1600. That included the wiring. They said if they do it they have to do it the exact way Ford does it at the factory. Soooo for that price I figured I might attempt it myself. I need to get a quote from another dealer in my area though just to be sure. Because I agree with you, if the dealer will do it for just $200-$400 in labor then I would gladly pay them to do it.
Sponsored