Tow hooks for Big Bend trim level. Aftermarket or factory ones ?

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2wd
Hello,

I wondered if anyone knew about tow hooks, if the big bend model can you punch out plastic inserts and is there a threaded socket to install one behind plastic punch outs in bumper?

I’m not really looking something super strong enough to tow vehicle, more interested it having to tow hooks/loops to use for a bow strap tie down points when carrying boats like larger kayaks or canoes on top of the roof rack.

At least Ford has them on higher Bronco sport trims and I may just go with badlands for that reason.

Steveo

Advertisement

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Hello,

I wondered if anyone knew about tow hooks, if the big bend model can you punch out plastic inserts and is there a threaded socket to install one behind plastic punch outs in bumper?

I’m not really looking something super strong enough to tow vehicle, more interested it having to tow hooks/loops to use for a bow strap tie down points when carrying boats like larger kayaks or canoes on top of the roof rack.

At least Ford has them on higher Bronco sport trims and I may just go with badlands for that reason.

Steveo
Hey so I looked at one In Person (BB) two weeks ago and I was also curious about it. It looked like there are just plastic covers on where they would be for upper trims. That leads me to believe you could install some later. Hope that helps.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I don't think there are tow points in the front of the car like on the Badlands. I bet there will be aftermarket versions, or at least you can buy the part from Ford eventually.

Take a look at this Badlands tear down and see those two front two hooks.
BS_Teardown.jpg

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I don't think there are tow points in the front of the car like on the Badlands. I bet there will be aftermarket versions, or at least you can buy the part from Ford eventually.

BS_Teardown.jpg
Interesting. I took mine off my canyon a while back when I put on a brush guard. I am only assuming that it is a similar situation.

OP

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2wd

BS_Teardown.jpg
Wow thanks everyone for info great photo showing how the tow hooks ate attached/ bolted to frame

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I'm sure that either an aftermarket kit will come out - or the Ford OEM parts will drop in price. I think the current logistics crunch they're seeing is causing issues with supply/demand. For instance, a spare BB 17" wheel is over $750 in the parts catalog!

Advertisement