thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
So the trailer 4-way electrical connector is driven with CAN bus and Power. I wonder if you could add factory towing with just the 4-way pig tail and the towing module. You would still not have the sway control, until we figure how to enable that too.

Here are the diagrams. there is a 2nd one called W/o module, but the only differences are the parking lamps and a dedicated stop lamp. So a 6-way tailer connector. I am not sure when that is used. I have not seen anyone post a 6-way trailer connector here.

So, you could also just use the power wire meant for a factory tow module with an aftermarket module. Then you don't have to run wire all the way up the cabin. That is dependent on the body harness supping C425a. Sometimes these are pre-wired, others they are not.

You could also use the same ground bolt(or a ground bolt). I hate using rust-able steel self-taping sheet metal screws.

Ford Bronco Sport Adding factory Tow lights 2021_BroncoSport_Wiring_095_Trailer_Notes - Copy - Copy

Ford Bronco Sport Adding factory Tow lights 2021_BroncoSport_Wiring_095_Trailer_Notes - Copy
Sponsored

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Does anyone know if the tow module in the diagrams above are actually the SAME part? If they were, then pin 7 out of the tow module could be used to actuate electric trailer brakes.

Also note that the factory power fuse for all of this is a 40 amp fuse. That's probably adequate for trailer brakes.