Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So what exactly does the LED in the push to start button do for you?
Well...it blinks when pressed for accessory mode (no engine start), glows steady when brake is pressed and/or engine is started/running, goes OFF when pressed again to turn off accessory mode. Good visual cues, but not essential. A bit of cheapskating by Ford to take away this feature.
Sponsored

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm going from a 21 to a 22 and I'm excited to have a built in garage button like the 21 should've had all along šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø.
It's like we're all buying a new Bronco Sport every year?? Hmmm...me, I'm happy with my '21 with everything on it! AND just to quibble (because that's what we do here), I much prefer the garage opener button on my keyring as I always carry that and can open it with a button for yardwork, back-and-forth to the mailbox, etc. etc. -- or from my family room for that matter.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Honestly, not having the perforations in the leather on my 22 OBX is worth all the other losses. The smooth leather looks so much nicer and won't catch all the dust and dirt and crumbs.
YES! I'm frustrated but have nearly given up on all the little white specks getting stuck in the black leather perforations on mine! I think the only purpose is the visual cue that it's real leather and not vinyl.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
It's like we're all buying a new Bronco Sport every year?? Hmmm...me, I'm happy with my '21 with everything on it! AND just to quibble (because that's what we do here), I much prefer the garage opener button on my keyring as I always carry that and can open it with a button for yardwork, back-and-forth to the mailbox, etc. etc. -- or from my family room for that matter.
The only reason I went from a '21 to a '22 is Carvana gave me $3000 more than I paid for my Big Bend and so I upgraded to an Outer Banks for not much more money but a LOT of extra features.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
This is my first push button startā€¦ My key in all the others never lit up. I canā€™t tell. Oh well, I think Iā€™m sheltered buying a vehicle at the 10 year markā€¦
Yup. I average 10 years between vehicles. Usually takes me the first 3 or 4 to learn all the new stuff. I've had my OB for 17 months. Just found out the other day about locking it with a touch of the door handle.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
YES! I'm frustrated but have nearly given up on all the little white specks getting stuck in the black leather perforations on mine! I think the only purpose is the visual cue that it's real leather and not vinyl.
Are the perforations gone from the MY22 Badlands Premium Package as well? I don't care either way, just curious if it only impacts Outer Banks or all trims/packages.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
To me the 22 model was a improvement. I could never option out a 21 without getting a whole lot of what I didn't want to get what I did want. I really wanted a leather wrapped wheel and power driver's seat but didn't want leather seats, heated anything or a upgraded stereo I would be changing out speakers anyways. I got my power seat, wrapped wheel and everything I didn't mind. It did have heated seats, I'll live with that. All the little things, missing covers, read outs on knobs and such, meh.

Reactions: MJE

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
Are the perforations gone from the MY22 Badlands Premium Package as well? I don't care either way, just curious if it only impacts Outer Banks or all trims/packages.
I have the Badlands premium package on my ā€˜22 and it has all those holes still.

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I adored my 2021 beyond reason and cried for two weeks straight when an idiot started a four-car freeway crash and totaled mine five months after I got it. I couldnā€™t find a replacement anywhere in the country, so I ordered a 2022 instead.

The thing I actually miss the most between the model years is the beautiful rapid red color mine had, discontinued for 2022 ā€¦

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ah, mine opener is a big bulky one that only works if I'm right in front of the garage. The real reason I decided to buy another was because the trade in value was so high so I'm not losing any money and I decided I REALLY wanted cyber orange. I have Area 51 now which is great but just not that interesting because I see them everywhere.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I thought the auto start stop feature was outside temp related, like over 95 degrees or so.
The auto start/ stop is dependent on a variety of things, like cabin temperature and AC settings, battery state, and electrical demand.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
That just doesnā€™t make sense to meā€¦arenā€™t cars supposed to get better as the newer model years come out, not worse?
Better and worse are subjective terms. Different is more appropriate. Besides, at least some of this can be attributed to supply chain issues. Should Ford just stop building cars for now?

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
One improvement that happend for us here in Brazil in 2022 is engine power increase from 240hp to 253hp (just like Maverick).

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
my 2023 should be very similar to the 22 models..
i have the heated seats, heated steering, leather wrapped steering, phone charge, and the other things in my Ford Edge and i dont use some of them but in the winter the remote start will warm the seat and steering before i get in, then i turn them off once i push the start button.
i think its the small touch to make the commute a bit more comfortable...instead of holding a frozen steering wheel while trying to get the car warmed up enough....
maybe because im getting older.... that is the only car i have right now that i use that function. (or even has) only the 15 mustang has any of those things, and never use it. the escape has heated seats but wife uses them all the time. sometimes in summer too!
lately our winters have not been that cold but sometimes you just like to have "warm" when you get in your car for that drive into work.
Sponsored