Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Ya’all sound like a Bunch of spoiled children. LoL
Back in the day when I had to walk to school, UP hill Both ways ! :’P
We were happy if the A/C was good and cold and we damn sure didn’t need a digital LED temp gage to tell us the cabin was comfortable.
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast .

Ford Bronco Sport Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades? 940C55B1-2F21-4AAA-8812-151A42CABD6C
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
No, there was a green LED on the button to tell you the engine was running. Or at least that is what I’m “LED” to believe.
That’s what is on my 2021 badlands .

Ford Bronco Sport Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades? EBFCC09C-ADAD-499C-A01E-0743614CF8A9

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That’s what is on my 2021 badlands .

Ford Bronco Sport Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades? EBFCC09C-ADAD-499C-A01E-0743614CF8A9
So……how much do you really pay attention to it? I can’t see where that’s a big loss.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Did not even know it was there until reading the posts.
I have green lite on start button on my '16 F150 never noticed it before and I bought truck new. Missing on my '21 but didnt notice until the complaint threads started showing up. It a near useless feature....

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
We were happy if the A/C was good and cold and we damn sure didn’t need a digital LED temp gage to tell us the cabin was comfortable.
We didn't need A/C because we walked uphill both ways IN THE SNOW.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I’d like the temperature knobs only because I use CarPlay all the time and the current temp isn’t displayed since the banner is gone.
I don't get why you need current temp displayed. If I'm cold/hot I'm gonna change the temperature no matter where it's currently set. And when I do, SYNC displays the new setting, even if Android Auto is running.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I don't get why you need current temp displayed. If I'm cold/hot I'm gonna change the temperature no matter where it's currently set. And when I do, SYNC displays the new setting, even if Android Auto is running.

Not a huge deal for me. Just noticed last week it seemed warm in the car. Had to move the knob to see what temperature it was set at. Normally set at 75. Problem was actually “auto” was shut off.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ya’all sound like a Bunch of spoiled children. LoL
You had A/C?! Haha I laugh, but honestly it was a pricey stand alone option, sometimes dealer installed especially on imports, until the early 90s at least here.

Of course I’m spoiled now & have a house with central A/C…

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Of course I’m spoiled now & have a house with central A/C…
Central A/C? In Calgary? Really? :crackup:

Average Temperature in Calgary
"The warm season lasts for 3.3 months, from June 6 to September 14, with an average daily high temperature above 66°F. The hottest month of the year in Calgary is July, with an average high of 74°F and low of 52°F."

"In Calgary, the summers are comfortable; the winters are long, freezing, and snowy; and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 12°F to 75°F and is rarely below -13°F or above 86°F."

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Central A/C? In Calgary? Really? :crackup:

Average Temperature in Calgary
"The warm season lasts for 3.3 months, from June 6 to September 14, with an average daily high temperature above 66°F. The hottest month of the year in Calgary is July, with an average high of 74°F and low of 52°F."

"In Calgary, the summers are comfortable; the winters are long, freezing, and snowy; and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 12°F to 75°F and is rarely below -13°F or above 86°F."
It was needed last summer with temps of 100. But yeah there’s a reason few homes had it until quite recently. Basically running costs have become cheap enough (I don’t notice an increase in my power bill from it at all) and the units are sized small & cheap enough (my furnace on the other hand…) that more homes are starting to have it. As you can see it’s not exactly do or die without it. 🤣

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
does anyone know if the buttons are live when the key isn't near the car? I.E. if the car is in the driveway and someone breaks in would they have access to my garage?
Ok so the answer is NO. I rolled the window down and locked the BS. Maybe 20-30 minutes later I tried to open the garage door and there was no power to Homelink. Tried with the FOB in my house and also in my hand. So after the power cycles off you’re good to go. I just don’t know how long that it but it’s less than 30 minutes.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Ok so the answer is NO. I rolled the window down and locked the BS. Maybe 20-30 minutes later I tried to open the garage door and there was no power to Homelink. Tried with the FOB in my house and also in my hand. So after the power cycles off you’re good to go. I just don’t know how long that it but it’s less than 30 minutes.
Thank you for remembering to check.
Now off to set up my Ram and try it there.

mikemaddux

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There is now a USB port in the back instead of just the electrical power slot.
Sponsored