Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades?

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've ordered myself a MY2022 OB, and the more I read about the 2022's the more aware I am of the downgrades that have been made from MY2021. So far, the ones I've found:

- Lack of folding headrests
- Lack of temperature displays on knobs
- Lack of mini perforation on leather seats (not the suede ones, the OB ones with cloth trims)
- No light on engine start/stop button
- No button to pop the trunk
- Lack of engine cover...but they stopped doing these midway through the 21's, so this only applies halfway

So, seeing as I've already ordered the car, I'm hoping to find a bit of reassurance. Is there anything that was *improved* on the 2022 model over the 2021? Thanks.
Sponsored

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've ordered myself a MY2022 OB, and the more I read about the 2022's the more aware I am of the downgrades that have been made from MY2021. So far, the ones I've found:

- Lack of mini perforation on leather seats (not the suede ones, the OB ones with cloth trims)
- Lack of engine cover...but they stopped doing these midway through the 21's, so this only applies halfway

So, seeing as I've already ordered the car, I'm hoping to find a bit of reassurance. Is there anything that was *improved* on the 2022 model over the 2021? Thanks.
Only improvement imo is the color selection 🤷‍♂️
You are now paying more for less......its the new way

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"

Ford has dispelled these untruths
Your Mandela Effect nonsense has no credence here tinfoiler
You see there never were folding headrests, knob temp displays, seat perf's, stop/start light, trunk button or engine covers.
And just in case your wondering
C3PO's leg was silver
She never wore braces
Ford Bronco Sport Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades? 1651615041523

:D

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Here is the order guide. It spells out major changes. A lot depends on what is important to you. I’d like the temperature knobs only because I use CarPlay all the time and the current temp isn’t displayed since the banner is gone. Most of the items, I don’t really care one way or the other. This is way nicer than my 2006 Escape even with the “missing” items.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/2022-bronco-sport-order-guides-u-s-canada-updated-monthly.4290/

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I have had several cars with climate control over the years and once I set a temperature it pretty much stays there for months. Maybe gets changed when the seasons change. Having the temp displayed on the dials is somewhat nice but I can’t say I will miss it.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I got a '21 and no light in start button so they took that out half through '21 model year.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
USB connection in the back as well I think is an addition over the 2021.

Seems like more negatives then positives for sure.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had several cars with climate control over the years and once I set a temperature it pretty much stays there for months. Maybe gets changed when the seasons change. Having the temp displayed on the dials is somewhat nice but I can’t say I will miss it.
I agree. We drove a little south last weekend and it seemed to get warm in the car. Wanted to know what temperature I had it set at. Big dummy here somehow took it off auto! Need to be smarter than the car!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what exactly does the LED in the push to start button do for you?
Sponsored