Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
USB connection in the back as well I think is an addition over the 2021.

Seems like more negatives then positives for sure.
Only negatives if you had a ‘21. I didn’t so I don’t “miss” them at all.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I've ordered myself a MY2022 OB, and the more I read about the 2022's the more aware I am of the downgrades that have been made from MY2021. So far, the ones I've found:

- Lack of folding headrests
- Lack of temperature displays on knobs
- Lack of mini perforation on leather seats (not the suede ones, the OB ones with cloth trims)
- No light on engine start/stop button
- No button to pop the trunk
- Lack of engine cover...but they stopped doing these midway through the 21's, so this only applies halfway

So, seeing as I've already ordered the car, I'm hoping to find a bit of reassurance. Is there anything that was *improved* on the 2022 model over the 2021? Thanks.
Be thankful they have parts to build them with the world shit show. Yeah it sucks, but sometimes features are found to be unnecessary as they sell and develop releases from customer feedback. You could always buy something else.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
So what exactly does the LED in the push to start button do for you?
I think it’s only an issue with start/stop on. You just don’t have any indication that it’s started when at a stop. Not a concern probably for most circumstances but you could probably think of one where it could be.

kanine

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
Not having folding headrests in the rear seats would annoy me. This is supposed to be a utilitarian vehicle and easy to use for different purposes, that was their whole marketing campaign for the BS. Have other Ford models had their folding headrests removed too, or is it just the BS?

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
I think it’s only an issue with start/stop on. You just don’t have any indication that it’s started when at a stop. Not a concern probably for most circumstances but you could probably think of one where it could be.
tachometer

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
When engine stops, Tach goes to zero, when it starts Tach responds. I've found a heavy foot on brake stops it from restarting 'till you let go.

OP
OP
SeanMcNally

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My point is not to say that these are huge differences, or even huge downgrades. Like the trunk button, for example. I never understood why you need that since anyone opening the trunk would need to place their hand on the exterior button anyway.

My point is that, even though small, they *are* downgrades. And it doesn’t seem like there are any upgrades at all. That just doesn’t make sense to me…aren’t cars supposed to get better as the newer model years come out, not worse?

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You all have thoroughly convinced me to not even think of getting rid of my 2021 Badlands Sport....with apparently rare extras??? Actually you all know I'm picking a little, I have to agree you should not have lost any of the items my sport has. Especially when prices have increased. Unfortunately it is so easy to lay blame on the pandemic, supplies and 100 other things while ultimately the consumer is the one that pays for it!!!

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You missed one on the OBX- ambient lighting in the cup holders! Thankfully there’s a thread with specific instructions on how to install them, but still.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So what exactly does the LED in the push to start button do for you?
It lights up green when engine running. I never noticed it missing till ppl started posting about it. My '16 F150 has green light on button and yeah its a great feature....

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
So, those of us with 22s are forever doomed as second rate, never to enjoy the full benefits of temp readouts. Or something...
I had a '21. It's not all it's cracked up to be. :) My '22 is just as good.

Taking away the internet and all the comparisons, almost nobody would notice any of these things on their new vehicle and would be thrilled with their new purchase.

I'm happy for what I have. Not gonna waste any energy grumbling about these minor changes. They don't mean anything to me in the long run.

It makes no sense to me for someone to buy a Bronco Sport and then complain about things that weren't there when they bought it in the first place.

OP
OP
SeanMcNally

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm going from a 21 to a 22 and I'm excited to have a built in garage button like the 21 should've had all along 🤷‍♀️.
At least that’s something…

OP
OP
SeanMcNally

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport