Would you trade in the Sport for the Big Bronco? Why or why not??

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
ok so im going rouge on this here....
trade for a big bronco probably not. the BSBL fits my needs perfectly. well balanced.
i WOULD like to have big bronco for 3rd vehicle though....which brings me to my question...

i presented this to the wife and here was the responses...

Me: new big bronco as 3rd vehicle.
Her: too expensive just to sit around...how about used?
Me: way to expensive for used..
Her: how about another BS?
Me: possible, but not a big bronco....
Her: other choices?
Me: Ranger Raptor
Her: how much?
Me: gave prices for all of them....
Her: no response.

which would you choose for a 3rd vehicle (weekend toy)
another BS approx $45k
big bronco (big bend) aprox $49k
ranger raptor approx $54k

??
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
ok so im going rouge on this here....
trade for a big bronco probably not. the BSBL fits my needs perfectly. well balanced.
i WOULD like to have big bronco for 3rd vehicle though....which brings me to my question...

i presented this to the wife and here was the responses...

Me: new big bronco as 3rd vehicle.
Her: too expensive just to sit around...how about used?
Me: way to expensive for used..
Her: how about another BS?
Me: possible, but not a big bronco....
Her: other choices?
Me: Ranger Raptor
Her: how much?
Me: gave prices for all of them....
Her: no response.

another BS approx $45k

??
That is what I did. The Heritage was a replacement for my 1995 Lightning which was a summer toy. My need for speed has dramatically dropped over the past decade. We also have a 2005 Yamaha 1700 Road Star, but my wife really doesn't enjoy it anymore because of all the idiots on the road these days and the overall condition of the roads near us. The 2 door Heritage has become our open air vehicle. Of course the gas mileage isn't nearly as good and the distance on the tank is about the same as the motorcycle unfortunately. But, she feels a lot safer and I'd rather climb up into the vehicle than drop into it like with a Mustang or MX-5.

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
We first had a 2021. Bronco Sport. Then waited 2 years, 2 weeks, and 2 Days to get our 2022 2 door Bronco. Loved them both. Then traded in the Sport for a 4 door Back Diamond. About a month ago, my wife sold her 2 door Bronco while waiting for her January order of new 2024 Bronco Sport Free Wheeling addition. She picked it up yesterday and loves it. Her hip problems were making it harder to get in the Big Bronco…so now she is happy again. Side note…she sold 2 door for $500 more than she paid for it in 2022.
Ford Bronco Sport Would you trade in the Sport for the Big Bronco? Why or why not?? C879D8BA-F7A3-4930-B0FD-888A7D041C90

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
I did not quite finish my comments from above. My point is, I love my Black Diamond 7 speed manual…and she prefers the Bronco sport. I will be trading my 2023 next year for a 2025 Outer Banks hard top.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I am considering it, but I feel I will never ever use the full capabilities of the Bronco. The BS BL I currently have is more than capable enough to be in my current bandwith. Not to mention on road performance is so much worse than a BS BL with its 2.0L engine.

CherylD

Badlands
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
While I like the look of a two door hard top, unless I could have a 3rd vehicle weekend driver, no. I bought the sport for what it is, small SUV. Replaced a GMC Terrain I hated that we only had 18 mos. Thing couldn't get out of it's own way hence the reason I went Badlands when I bought. I have to have a full size truck so one gas hog in 5.29 gas price land...is enough. :wink:

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
In a heartbeat. It's what I really wanted but the price and the wait time made it impossible. I treat this thing like an actual off roader and keep breaking it.
ME TOO

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
another BS approx $45k

??
If we’re into weekend toy vehicles here I’d definitely think big bronco then. Depending on what your weekends might entail. The RR could be awfully nice for Home Depot runs. The RR (or just Ranger in my case) I’d consider more for a daily/highway vehicle too, but I’ve always loved the trucks I’ve had. The only one I wouldn’t consider is another BS. I’d just use the one I have then.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Weekend toys in the garage. Mk. I Audi TT roadster and '66 Mini Moke. Picture in other vehicles owned thread.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
We first had a 2021. Bronco Sport. Then waited 2 years, 2 weeks, and 2 Days to get our 2022 2 door Bronco. Loved them both. Then traded in the Sport for a 4 door Back Diamond. About a month ago, my wife sold her 2 door Bronco while waiting for her January order of new 2024 Bronco Sport Free Wheeling addition. She picked it up yesterday and loves it. Her hip problems were making it harder to get in the Big Bronco…so now she is happy again. Side note…she sold 2 door for $500 more than she paid for it in 2022.
Ford Bronco Sport Would you trade in the Sport for the Big Bronco? Why or why not?? C879D8BA-F7A3-4930-B0FD-888A7D041C90
You appear to be the first on this site that got the Free Wheeling edition.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
Oh, I think you got a response...
yes i did get my answer....you are correct. (if there was no $ issue i would probably have 7 mustangs, 2 Broncos, and maybe either F150 raptor or the Ranger Raptor) but i will keep dreaming....

If we’re into weekend toy vehicles here I’d definitely think big bronco then. Depending on what your weekends might entail. The RR could be awfully nice for Home Depot runs. The RR (or just Ranger in my case) I’d consider more for a daily/highway vehicle too, but I’ve always loved the trucks I’ve had. The only one I wouldn’t consider is another BS. I’d just use the one I have then.
i still have the "car" bug...but mustangs for wife are not "practical" so "truck" would work...in any fashion. she grew up on a farm so used to trucks more than cars...
but its the prices. no problem having a 3rd vehicle but not at $50k+ just to be used once a week.

Power Man;
if that package was offered on the Badlands i would be all over that.. i am not a fan of the 1.5 and probably never will be. the MAIN reason i bought the Badlands.... 2.0 vs 1.5 (some will say there is no difference but there is)....
reason why i bought the Edge ST. we take that on vacation and it gets almost 30mpg highway....granted its 3.6L turbo but when i am merging on the highway i have no issues getting up to speed or passing in a tight situation. the power really comes in handy...

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke

TCBSport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport, 2012 Land Rover LR4 5.0L
Not me. I was all in on the 6G Bronco craze in the beginning but really do not like the soft tops one bit. Lack of availability with the options I wanted was a real downer otherwise I would have bought one. Instead we made the decision to have major service done on our LR4 and are very happy we made that call. The BSport is our long trip vehicle and we couldn't be much happier with how it drives and sips the gas! I have the LR4 with the Ford derived 5.0L that is very strong and it'll easily pull 8000 lbs. I also feel the 4 door 6G Bronco is starting to look a bit stale they don't get me all excited anymore when I see one. The 2 door 6G and the BSports still do though!

LR McDouble

Outer Banks
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just a general question, I love the look of the Big Bronco and like to ride higher up and feel a bit safer in. Bigger vehicle. If you’ve ever been in one they really arent much roomier inside than the Sport. I wonder of prices will drop a bit next year.
No, I bought the sport over the regular for reasons. It is a completely different vehicle. Fuel economy being the biggest, ease of parking, maneuverability, price, etc...
Sponsored