Would you trade in the Sport for the Big Bronco? Why or why not??

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You only paid 32k for you BSBL was it used when you bought it?
I bought it brand new in 2022. Because I had the 2 door on order with Granger, they offered me 6% below invoice plus Ford had a 1K factory order incentive at the time for the BSBL. I also didn’t order the top end package with leather and ACC. I think MSRP was 36 at the time.

The 2 door was reserved in 2020 at 2K below invoice. Ford and Granger held up their ends of the deal so the price was protected based on the 2020/2021 price. Only my state didn’t. They said the Ford price protection didn’t exclude it from being taxed.
Sponsored

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I traded my OB for a Maverick XLT with the 4K tow package, not a full size Bronco. Didn't want the Bronco's soft roof as we carry too much on top. I liked the sport but the 1.5's transmission was heating up on long hills towing 2K. Planning on some larger hills so I figured it was time. Towed fine otherwise on the flats but the Maverick with the 2.0 and larger transmission cooling system doesn't even know my teardrop is back there. With the longer wheelbase the Mav rides much smoother on the road than the Sport did.

Bluesteelworx

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, GMC Sierra
Just a general question, I love the look of the Big Bronco and like to ride higher up and feel a bit safer in. Bigger vehicle. If you’ve ever been in one they really arent much roomier inside than the Sport. I wonder of prices will drop a bit next year.
I love the look too, but with my sports mechanical issues, I'm a little hesitant buying any new Ford products.

charlier

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Ditto for me. Others may have more ambition than me for off-road or if they have families. It’s perfect for me and my spouse and our mini Bernedoodle. We are a few hours to Outer Banks and to the mountains. Can’t wait to get our new 2024 Bronco OB Sport to the Outer Banks.

Yes, if the deal is right. Every time I've taken my Badlands to the dealer for service they ask if I would consider selling it, they say the Badlsnds is in high demand, I should ask what the offer is, the full size Broncos look so good and make the Sport look like a toy.

bstn rnr

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just a general question, I love the look of the Big Bronco and like to ride higher up and feel a bit safer in. Bigger vehicle. If you’ve ever been in one they really arent much roomier inside than the Sport. I wonder of prices will drop a bit next year.
I've owned several convertibles over my life and have a BSBL with the sunroof. Not really interested in the full size but if they offered the sport with removable top, I'd be sorely tempted.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
If I had to trade in my Bronco Sport. No way would I trade it in for a Big Bronco. After all the issues I’ve had with this car I wouldn’t take another gamble. I’d trade it in for a Jeep Gladiator instead with the tried and true pentastar v6 w/zf8 transmission now that they are on massive discounts. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 w/zf8 that I bought brand new when the new styling dropped and have had absolutely zero issues with.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
I wouldn't trade my BS for a Big Bronco due the price, and mpg. Plus I have a 2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport crew cab. It is on the same chassis as the Bronco gets way better gas mileage, has useful cargo room both in the bed and the cab, and is great on the highway.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No, I am extremely happy with my Bronco Sport Badlands. It has surpassed everything I used to do off-road with a modified Crosstrek and has way more features and comforts for long stretches of road at an economical price tag.
We also have an F-150 Lariat short bed and the pair meet all our needs… One happy Ford family.
The full size Broncos are great looking and very capable, but I passed on getting one for the terrible mileage, road noise from the hard top, and for the fact that I don’t do any major rock crawling on my outdoor adventures. It’s just overkill.

BS FE 21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I was interested in the full size Bronco when Ford was hinting that it would be available years ago. When we were looking to replace our Honda van with something smaller I ended up getting a used BS First Edition. We both think it's a fun, comfortable, sporty little cruiser. It sits up high enough to see what's going on and has plenty of power and good handling. Just a little stiff over the road but tolerable. I still like the idea of the full size Bronco but I'm happy with the baby.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I bought it brand new in 2022. Because I had the 2 door on order with Granger, they offered me 6% below invoice plus Ford had a 1K factory order incentive at the time for the BSBL. I also didn’t order the top end package with leather and ACC. I think MSRP was 36 at the time.

The 2 door was reserved in 2020 at 2K below invoice. Ford and Granger held up their ends of the deal so the price was protected based on the 2020/2021 price. Only my state didn’t. They said the Ford price protection didn’t exclude it from being taxed.
That was a good price don't the 23 and 24 BSBL have a base price of 39k!

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
If I had to trade in my Bronco Sport. No way would I trade it in for a Big Bronco. After all the issues I’ve had with this car I wouldn’t take another gamble. I’d trade it in for a Jeep Gladiator instead with the tried and true pentastar v6 w/zf8 transmission now that they are on massive discounts. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 w/zf8 that I bought brand new when the new styling dropped and have had absolutely zero issues with.
They probably have big discounts on the Jeep Gladiators because they're so Damn Ugly and nobody wants them!!And tried and true V-6 i know of 2 people that had valve train issues or camshaft issues with the 3.6 Pentastar a Challenger and Jeep!!

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Right? No one seems willing to trade their full-sized Bronco for a Bronco Sport. Go figure...
I'd even toss in my beloved 2007 F-150 to help with the trade-in along with the BS, but the truck would not get me much.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That was a good price don't the 23 and 24 BSBL have a base price of 39k!
The prices have gone up a bunch in the past 3 years. The base price of my BSBL was 34k.
Sponsored

Last edited: