kurtdouglas

Big Bend
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have had the Maverick on order for over a year and has finally shipped. I purchased a Big Bend in April (9000 miles) as I needed a vehicle at once and couldn't wait any longer for the Maverick. I have really enjoyed the BS, it drives great, pleased with the mpg (31), got the Napier SUV tent with points (haven't used) and was looking forward to having 4wd for the first time if it snows this year (we get about 12" yr in Richmond, Va). So I am really torn as to keep it or trade it in. (or sell to Carvana?) I would get a little better mpg with the truck and think the bed would be better for dump and Lowes trips. Wish I could keep both but can't.
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
That's a decision you have to make.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have had the Maverick on order for over a year and has finally shipped. I purchased a Big Bend in April (9000 miles) as I needed a vehicle at once and couldn't wait any longer for the Maverick. I have really enjoyed the BS, it drives great, pleased with the mpg (31), got the Napier SUV tent with points (haven't used) and was looking forward to having 4wd for the first time if it snows this year (we get about 12" yr in Richmond, Va). So I am really torn as to keep it or trade it in. (or sell to Carvana?) I would get a little better mpg with the truck and think the bed would be better for dump and Lowes trips. Wish I could keep both but can't.
Seems simple to me: If you want the cool car keep the Bronco Sport. :rockon:

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Tough call. I really wanted a Maverick but that wasn't happening unless i could wait for an order to process. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I could not, my previous vehicle gave up the ghost and i needed something immediately. I picked up my BS Heritage trim at the end of September and have been very happy with it so far. Do i still have eyes for a Maverick? Sure I do, but i'm not in a huge rush to get one now... Gonna keep the BS for the foreseeable future and see how it goes. My next vehicle likely will be a Maverick. Good luck, i think either way you'll be happy.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Keep the BS for the 4WD if nothing else, otherwise you'll be kicking yourself when you're sliding around in the snow and slush. The MPG on the Mav is tempting given the price of gas (and it ain't going down anytime soon) but for me it wouldn't outweigh the security of the BS's excellent 4WD.

The other thing to consider is that every new car has a period of time when you'll be taking it to the dealer for warranty and recalls a lot. Ford seems especially comfortable letting its buyers be the QC inspectors. Hopefully you've already got those headaches behind you with the BS.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For everyday use I think the Maverick is much more useful, throw in Hybrid mileage and it's hard to beat.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I had a truck from 1991 to 2021 but always another vehicle with it. But when I got the Sport I use it as a truck because the rubber in the back is convenient for all of my Lowe’s trips, so I became a one vehicle person. The Sport does better in the winter/snow, your gas mileage is good enough that’d you only be saving a few hundred bucks a year in gas, you will prefer the Sport when you do use that tent and go adventuring, and that I would not have a truck as my one and only vehicle, I’d say the Sport is the better option.
But really, other than no longer being part of this forum, can you go wrong?

SBGrad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
You have to make the decision, but it seems it's between the AWD and GOAT modes vs gas mileage and an open cargo bed for the dump and Lowes.

I was thinking about the AWD Maverick + half shell for myself, but ended up with the Badlands-- just works better for what we do.

Good luck and keep us informed.

CLR

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
BS and a little cargo trailer. Maverick is rated for approximately 400lbs more payload, but they are about equal for towing.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I sold my Ridgeline. Looked into the Maverick but I could never get past the interior. The BS interior is as cheap looking as I can go.

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Before I got my bs I was in the same boat as far as I really wanted the maverick first but after seeing one in person the size of the bed just doesn’t make it worth it to me. Let’s say you needed an 8 ft piece of lumber/pvc etc. the bronco you could push it up to the windshield at least in the maverick you’d have 4 ft hanging off the back. I mean idk if a typical shovel could lay flat 😂.
that’s with zero actual measuring or anything, just seemed so small. Plus my dog has the whole back of the bs instead of just a row in the back seat of a maverick.
just my 2 cents if it’s even worth that much 😂
Sponsored