Would you trade in the Sport for the Big Bronco? Why or why not??

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just a general question, I love the look of the Big Bronco and like to ride higher up and feel a bit safer in. Bigger vehicle. If you’ve ever been in one they really arent much roomier inside than the Sport. I wonder of prices will drop a bit next year.
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, if the deal is right. Every time I've taken my Badlands to the dealer for service they ask if I would consider selling it, they say the Badlsnds is in high demand, I should ask what the offer is, the full size Broncos look so good and make the Sport look like a toy.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
This is the first SUV I've owned and drove regularly. Would I trade it in for a full size Bronco?

I don't think so. In Texas, there aren't much off roading, at least where I live. Even with the Bronco Sport, I feel I could've been fine buying an Escape. I've done some trails and want to do more so it kind of opened up that hobby.

Now, financially speaking, if I could easily buy a larger Bronco, I wouldn't be opposed to it. It certainly isn't practical when looking at rear cargo room. I would probably get something basic like the Big Bend or Heritage.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
My wife and I do a 1,500-mile trip multiple times annually. May be seven or so times together or individually.

Not interested in 17 mpg highway.

My wife loves her Badlands. No way she would trade it in for Bronco.

We're Metrowest Boston. Commented to a salesman that the sticker on the lot was higher city than highway mileage. He replied, "it's a statement vehicle. It's a brick."

I don't want or need a statement vehicle.

I can get 500 miles on the trip with a tank of fuel in my '22 FE Ti 2.0 AWD. Metrowest Boston to very lower Delmarva, Cape Charles, VA.

Last edited:

Nam3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In a heartbeat. It's what I really wanted but the price and the wait time made it impossible. I treat this thing like an actual off roader and keep breaking it.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
I’ve considered it. They are super cool and I think I would enjoy it more. But I wouldn’t utilize its capabilities. It would purely be an - get ready for it-
“ego boost“.

We love our little badlands. It performs as advertised and has exceeded expectations.

Also, when I bought this thing, the thought was that it would serve as a commuter and errand machine as gas prices were high and most of the miles are with 1 occupant. I‘ve been driving my pickup a lot because I like it but gas prices are on the rise again and I expect will remain high over the summer. I’ll be opting to drive the BSB more often.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm a sucker for the full-size Bronco. But, there's two main things that drove us away. One, price. Two, fuel economy.

On long trips, the B.S. can easily accomplish 33-34 mpg whereas the big boy hovers in the teens no matter what kind of driving.

Bronco prices always have and always will be exceedingly expensive. It seems impossible to find either a two-door or four-door Bronco for under $40K. Only if it's been in an accident. You're better off getting an Outer Banks B.S. like we did or a Badlands with no options.

I will say that my mom and I absolutely adore the look of the Eruption Green on the full-size but is it worth the $20-40K price hike? I don't think so. Although she loves the black and white combo on ours, if I had known about the Eruption Green before ordering, I would've jumped on it immediately.

I recently test drove a '23 Bronco Badlands with the Sasquatch Package while waiting for my mudflaps to get installed and even on the giant 33" tires, it didn't drive half bad. Sure, it's a little jittery being a body-on-frame vehicle but it's tolerable. There's noticeable peppiness with the 2.7L. You can tell it has more to give since it likes to heavily lurch when accelerating. I'm not sure if my mom would like it as much considering how much taller, wider and longer it is. She likes the size of the B.S. which is big enough for her.

The thing is, even if we could afford a full-size, we would never use it under its true potential. All those locker buttons on top of the center stack would never get used as well as the auxiliary switches on the ceiling or most of the GOAT modes. It would end up being a city dweller with no intention of off-roading so getting one is totally pointless. The B.S. at least has street intentions first with light off-roading second.

Overall, I don't regret getting the next best thing. Our B.S. has been absolutely wonderful. It's peppy, reliable, gets good fuel economy, has low maintenance costs, and is much better to drive.

Last edited:

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
My wife and I do a 1,500-mile trip multiple times annually. May be seven or so times together or individually.

Not interested in 17 mpg highway.

My wife loves her Badlands. No way she would trade it in for Bronco.

We're Metrowest Boston. Commented to a salesman that the sticker on the lot was higher city than highway mileage. He replied, "it's a statement vehicle. It's a brick."

I'm not insecure enough to need a statement vehicle.

I can get 500 miles on the trip with a tank of fuel in my '22 FE Ti 2.0 AWD. Metrowest Boston to very lower Delmarva, Cape Charles, VA.
That salesmen is absolutely horrible at his job.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I'm a sucker for the full-size Bronco. But, there's two main things that drove us away. One, price. Two, fuel economy.

On long trips, the B.S. can easily accomplish 33-34 mpg whereas the big boy hovers in the teens no matter what kind of driving.

Bronco prices always have and always will be exceedingly expensive. It seems impossible to find either a two-door or four-door Bronco for under $40K. Only if it's been in an accident. You're better off getting an Outer Banks B.S. like we did or a Badlands with no options.

I will say that my mom and I absolutely adore the look of the Eruption Green on the full-size but is it worth the $20-40K price hike? I don't think so. Although she loves the black and white combo on ours, if I had known about the Eruption Green before ordering, I would've jumped on it immediately.

I recently test drove a '23 Bronco Badlands with the Sasquatch Package while waiting for my mudflaps to get installed and even on the giant 33" tires, it didn't drive half bad. Sure, it's a little jittery being a body-on-frame vehicle but it's tolerable. There's noticeable peppiness with the 2.7L. You can tell it has more to give since it likes to heavily lurch when accelerating. I'm not sure if my mom would like it as much considering how much taller, wider and longer it is. She likes the size of the B.S. which is big enough for her.

The thing is, even if we could afford a full-size, we would never use it under its true potential. All those locker buttons on top of the center stack would never get used as well as the auxiliary switches on the ceiling or most of the GOAT modes. It would end up being a city dweller with no intention of off-roading so getting one is totally pointless. The B.S. at least has street intentions first with light off-roading second.

Overall, I don't regret getting the next best thing. Our B.S. has been absolutely wonderful. It's peppy, reliable, gets good fuel economy, has low maintenance costs, and is much better to drive.
Well said. The Big Bronco is not made for, designed for, or meant to be an amazing long distance, road trip vehicle. It's meant to compete directly with the Wrangler and be an awesome 4x4 vehicle that you can take the top and doors off of. There's a reason you see lots of them traded in or for sale with low mileage. People bought them thinking they were something they aren't. This is Ford's own issue with the price increases they've added to them. For 70k you can get much nicer vehicles than a Wildtrak to go to the mall and grocery runs in.

cubedtothex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have no interest in the larger Bronco, I have no need for it. Honestly the only reason I got a Badlands is due to the engine. If they made an Outer Banks with the 2.0, I would have been happy! Since I have the additional hardware and drive modes, I go out to enjoy them every so often. Sand mode is so much fun!

one great perk was when I went to the Off-Roadeo in 2022 and I had what felt like a personal tour as everyone else was there for the larger Bronco, lol!

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
For telling the truth to a repeat customer ?
No. Because he is a Ford salesmen and thinks that people only buy Broncos as a Statement Vehicle.
Sponsored