Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
The wiring prep pack is listed under functional on the standard equipment section of the window sticker, ( 2023 outer banks) does anyone know what this is and whats it for
Sponsored

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You sure got that right. I've asked multiple Ford Service and Parts Counter employees. I've contacted Ford corporate, and nobody has given an answer.
OKay I have to take that back. I've been told it's for the wiring harness if you get the hitch package, but since I have the hitch package, and it doesn't require a prep kit, that didn't hold any air.
I was also told that it was for optional power seats on passenger side, but there is no option for power seats on any package for the Bronco Sport.
If you look at different window stickers, it's spelled differently, and even worded differently, but it's always there.
The only thing that isn't there is an explanation of what it is.
I think it might be for a manniquin, that you can put in the passenger seat and drive in the car pool lanes with.

OP
OP

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
Somewhere i seen on this site its for a light bar if you install one

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Somewhere i seen on this site its for a light bar if you install one
Yes, that is the answer. If you look on the top corner of the windshield on the driver’s side it is labeled. Not easy to get at and really not that useful in the end.

Dimo302

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302, 2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Yes, that is the answer. If you look on the top corner of the windshield on the driver’s side it is labeled. Not easy to get at and really not that useful in the end.
That’s what I thought it was for and I ordered the Rigid light bar from Ford while I was going through the purchase process. When the dealership went to install it, they said there wasn’t anything run up either A-pillar for it. It would’ve involved basically pulling all of the trim above the seatbelts to run the wiring.

edit to add this was on the Big Bend trim. The light bar specified Badlands only, but I wanted to try and the dealership didn’t charge me anything to do so. Maybe only the Badlands actually has the wiring run up the pillar (despite it being on my window sticker)?

OP
OP

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
Could be

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
That’s what I thought it was for and I ordered the Rigid light bar from Ford while I was going through the purchase process. When the dealership went to install it, they said there wasn’t anything run up either A-pillar for it. It would’ve involved basically pulling all of the trim above the seatbelts to run the wiring.

edit to add this was on the Big Bend trim. The light bar specified Badlands only, but I wanted to try and the dealership didn’t charge me anything to do so. Maybe only the Badlands actually has the wiring run up the pillar (despite it being on my window sticker)?
From memory, it required removing the a-pillar trim, headliner, and maybe roof rail(s) to get at the wiring. It was too much disassembly/reassembly for most folks to even consider doing it. I think that some here have just run the wiring down the a-pillar next to the windshield on the outside of the cabin.

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
Could it be for the accessory dashcam packages that Ford sells? I seem to recall that there are wiring harnesses hidden behind trim pieces for both front and rear dashcam installations.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Here's a picture of the wording etched into the windshield with an error pointing to it.
This is on the 23 Badlands.

Ford Bronco Sport Wiring prep pack IMG_1373

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You sure got that right. I've asked multiple Ford Service and Parts Counter employees. I've contacted Ford corporate, and nobody has given an answer.
OKay I have to take that back. I've been told it's for the wiring harness if you get the hitch package, but since I have the hitch package, and it doesn't require a prep kit, that didn't hold any air.
I was also told that it was for optional power seats on passenger side, but there is no option for power seats on any package for the Bronco Sport.
If you look at different window stickers, it's spelled differently, and even worded differently, but it's always there.
The only thing that isn't there is an explanation of what it is.
I think it might be for a manniquin, that you can put in the passenger seat and drive in the car pool lanes with.
The power passenger seat is an option for the OBX. I don't believe the base or Big Bend come with the passenger power seat.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
The power passenger seat is an option for the OBX. I don't believe the base or Big Bend come with the passenger power seat.
Light bar on roof .
Find this section!
Ford Bronco Sport Wiring prep pack A0851DC6-BE65-4068-923E-D20D889761ED

Ford Bronco Sport Wiring prep pack 761F9259-9B47-4A30-801D-2B71D5240DF7

Ford Bronco Sport Wiring prep pack 6AE5CDBF-EDB3-48D9-BB96-958A548DAB00

Last edited:

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Here's a picture of the wording etched into the windshield with an error pointing to it.
This is on the 23 Badlands.

Ford Bronco Sport Wiring prep pack IMG_1373
I always thought this was only an encouragement to mount Ford accessories on the roof rails -- there's nothing else there, AFAIK. The Bronco (not Sport) has removable covers at these points to mount things like limb risers, etc.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Wiring "pre-pack" and "accessory ready" is just some marketing jargon they dropped on there. If you think it's anything like "ready", you ought to see the installation instructions for the official accessories. Here's a PDF of how the light bar goes on. The first 25 pages are how to take the car apart...

Attachments

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Wiring "pre-pack" and "accessory ready" is just some marketing jargon they dropped on there. If you think it's anything like "ready", you ought to see the installation instructions for the official accessories. Here's a PDF of how the light bar goes on. The first 25 pages are how to take the car apart...
Haha....I'm still laughing.
Sponsored