Thylacine76

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Let me preface this by saying that I've read through the different threads on here, and posts on Reddit and find what I'm really looking for.

I installed my 40" RC lightbar on my Yucca Mfg roof rack. I ran all wiring through the vehicle. Yes, I took my time and followed the directions that Ford had for the Rigid lightbar.

I'm at a point where the wiring is coming down the A pillar. My BSOBX has the accessory ready wiring on the A pillar, and below/behind the headlight switch panel. The accessory ready wiring is only 2 wires, while the light bar is 3 wires (coming off the light and into the switch). I am not using the circular switch that came with the light bar. I will be using RC's LED Rocker Switch. The switches will be installed not far under the headlight switch. I am installing two switches, one as a spare, for when I add more lighting.

If I don't or can't use the accessory ready wiring, my dilemma is getting the wires through the firewall. I see other posts about having to remove the battery and the airbox, but I would prefer not to do that. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?
Sponsored

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The prob is there is no room to get your hands where they need to be without removing the battery. There is a nice big empty space behind that battery. The airbox is not bad. Loosen the intake clamp,take lid and filter off, airbox pulls straight up and out, maybe a sensor you need to unplug. Battery is a bitch but only need to slide it back some to get around it. Iran two harnesses thru there.

Ford Bronco Sport Lightbar Wiring with Aux Switch issues. PXL_20231115_234400033.PORTRAIT

Ford Bronco Sport Lightbar Wiring with Aux Switch issues. PXL_20231115_234337249

OP
OP

Thylacine76

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The prob is there is no room to get your hands where they need to be without removing the battery. There is a nice big empty space behind that battery. The airbox is not bad. Loosen the intake clamp,take lid and filter off, airbox pulls straight up and out, maybe a sensor you need to unplug. Battery is a bitch but only need to slide it back some to get around it. Iran two harnesses thru there.

Ford Bronco Sport Lightbar Wiring with Aux Switch issues. PXL_20231115_234400033.PORTRAIT

Ford Bronco Sport Lightbar Wiring with Aux Switch issues. PXL_20231115_234337249
That's a big help! Thanks!
A few questions:
  • What did use to push the wires through the grommet?
  • Did you have the seal any holes you made?
  • Any error codes pop up after you put everything back together?
  • How long was the battery and airbox removal process?

Last edited:

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That's a big help! Thanks!
A few questions:
  • What did use to push the wires through the grommet?
  • Did you have the seal any holes you made?
  • Any error codes pop up after you put everything back together?
  • How long was the battery and airbox removal process?
I used a very sharp small rod to poke a hole after exploring under the dash and then used a coat hanger to pull the wires thru.
I used no sealant of any kind. I didn't slit the grommet, and the two harnesses created a very tight fit thru that little hole. I would recommend prob putting a little sealant on it especially if it rains a lot and you have winters. I also ran a trigger wire the same thru the passenger side.
No codes or any kind or problems with my lights, I love them.
I think it took about 30 minutes the first time taking my time figuring it out. It was a similar process as my ST but man what happened to a simple positive and negative cable to take off. You need some kind of degree to work this battery management system. I think the second time I took it out (new battery) it only took about 15 minutes.