Hooligan88

Outer Banks
First Name
Holli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Talked to Ford this morning just to see if they would give me any information. They were great. They said my scheduled date for build is July 8 and estimated arrival at my dealership is between August 7-13. Getting closer! Does anyone know when the sticker would show up?
Sponsored

Melzz

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Now that Iā€™m confirmed built and just waiting on transport the accessory orders are starting to stack up. Dash tray, center console tray, wireless CarPlay adapter, hood struts, the side panel turn signal replacement for the decorative ā€œvents,ā€ valve stem capsā€¦ šŸ˜‚

Lorri2516

Badlands
First Name
Lorri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Now that Iā€™m confirmed built and just waiting on transport the accessory orders are starting to stack up. Dash tray, center console tray, wireless CarPlay adapter, hood struts, the side panel turn signal replacement for the decorative ā€œvents,ā€ valve stem capsā€¦ šŸ˜‚
I ordered all my accessories in April. They are just sitting in a spare room waiting till mine is built and delivered. šŸ¤£ My build week is this week.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled
Be careful with valve stem caps... Heard lots of horror stories...

Melzz

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Be careful with valve stem caps... Heard lots of horror stories...
Do tell! I havenā€™t seen or heard anything but there they were in suggested along with everything else I was looking at. What problems are people having?

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do tell! I havenā€™t seen or heard anything but there they were in suggested along with everything else I was looking at. What problems are people having?
Ibguesd
I don't know if it was official or knock off.. but the metal in them would fuse to the valve stem and basically become part of the tire...

Melzz

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Ibguesd

I don't know if it was official or knock off.. but the metal in them would fuse to the valve stem and basically become part of the tire...
Ah, I got plastic ones that are Ford ā€œofficially licensed.ā€ Hopefully no metal fusing worries there. I just wanted the subtle flare of the bronco on them. Good to know to be careful of the metal ones, though!

Dtech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Not specifically on a Bronco, but I can definitely share that any "metal" valve stem caps need to be used carefully if at all because they can and do get seized onto the valve stems, sometimes in a short amount of time, requiring at minimum some tools/pliers to get them off with difficulty and being careful not to ruin the valve stem. I personally won't use them any more because of this as they can actually end up doing this at the worst possible time. Definitely a safety concern and in the effort to keep them clean and uncontaminated you don't really want to use any type of lubricant or anti-seize on them either IMHO.

Last edited:

WABeaverFan

Outer Banks
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GMC Terrain
Ok, I've been lurking for awhile. I finally got the sticker from my dealer and thus the VIN for tracking. I know many have said that the tracker is not terribly reliable but I'm curious what you all think. It says built 6/03 and the text above says shipped. But, the little pizza maker bubble isn't checked. I assume it was really shipped??

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room bronco.JPG
Similar situation....my BS was built on June 2 and shipped on June 9. It arrived at the rail yard in Portland, OR on June 23 with an estimated delivery to the dealer in Kent, WA July 7-13. Based on thekingprawn's experience, a 12-17 day delivery timeline to my dealership seems about right, considering the 4th of July holiday and the current trucking situation. But my tracker still looks exactly like yours with no check mark under "shipped".

Did you receive a built email from Ford? My built email gave me an estimated date range for delivery to the dealer. You can also contact your dealership or Ford Chat for your railcar number if you want to follow it along obsessively like some of us have done! Hope this helps!

Zwemmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Similar situation....my BS was built on June 2 and shipped on June 9. It arrived at the rail yard in Portland, OR on June 23 with an estimated delivery to the dealer in Kent, WA July 7-13. Based on thekingprawn's experience, a 12-17 day delivery timeline to my dealership seems about right, considering the 4th of July holiday and the current trucking situation. But my tracker still looks exactly like yours with no check mark under "shipped".

Did you receive a built email from Ford? My built email gave me an estimated date range for delivery to the dealer. You can also contact your dealership or Ford Chat for your railcar number if you want to follow it along obsessively like some of us have done! Hope this helps!
thanks for the info! I never recevied an email at any time throughout the process from Ford. I assume the dealer messed that up. I may try Ford chat to get some estimate.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Not specifically on a Bronco, but I can definitely share that any "metal" valve stem caps need to be used carefully if at all because they can and do get seized onto the valve stems, sometimes in a short amount of time, requiring at minimum some tools/pliers to get them off with difficulty and being careful not to ruin the valve stem. I personally won't use them any more because of this as they can actually end up doing this at the worst time possible time. Definitely a safety concern and in the effort to keep them clean and uncontaminated you don't really want to use any type of lubricant or anti-seize on them either IMHO.
Neighbor had a garden hose with an aluminum end stick on his brass spigot. They had corroded together. It took a huge set of pliers and some effort to break them loose. I could see that happening on a valve stem and cap.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Neighbor had a garden hose with an aluminum end stick on his brass spigot. They had corroded together. It took a huge set of pliers and some effort to break them loose. I could see that happening on a valve stem and cap.
Different metals expand and contract at different rates with changes in temperature. Bi-metal reactions are awesome.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the info! I never recevied an email at any time throughout the process from Ford. I assume the dealer messed that up. I may try Ford chat to get some estimate.
Try the Canadian site.. it tells you

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Different metals expand and contract at different rates with changes in temperature. Bi-metal reactions are awesome.
This is actually an issue with galvanic corrosion and not due to differences in expansion. Aluminum is sacrificial to copper when it comes to Corrosion. This is why there is an issue with the valve stems since they are typically brass and the caps if theyā€™re not plastic.

Dtech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Different metals do have different temperature reactions as well, but yes, galvanic corrosion is not your friend. I'm pretty sure that it what TKP meant when he mentioned "Bi-metal reactions are awesome". šŸ˜‰
Sponsored