Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
As an owner of an R1T, right now I’m thinking the 2026 delivery date of an R2 may be a nice replacement for my 2021 BS BL. Mind you we have home solar so multiple EVs are a good fit for us as long as they are beach-capable, which the Rivians are. .

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That Dodge post of a fast car that can go 0-60 in 3.3 looks silly when these do it in less than 3 seconds. And if the R3X is what it looks like, it’ll put some pressure on Jeep and Bronco, at least the Sport.

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I really like the look of the R2. I’m not sure about the R3. I think I would prefer the back to be squared off like the R2 rather than that angled rear hatch.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Great looking wheels on the R3X.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
More ugly electric stuff. :thumbsdown:

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Rivian needs to do something, they bleed cash, investors don't like billion dollar losses year after year.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian needs to do something, they bleed cash, investors don't like billion dollar losses year after year.
Yeah, I think the general feeling from Rivian owners is that postponing the $2.5 Billion GA plant makes fiscal sense. But Rivian owners are a selfish bunch and the reality is we will see our R2 vehicles earlier coming out of the Normal IL plant :) so who are you going to believe!

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I put a reservation down for the R2. It gets the same range I'm basically getting now, another inch of ground clearance off the bat, and max tire size of 32in. I'll be in the market for a new car within the next 1-2 years. It's exciting to see what the Scout and Recon will also debut like. Toyota will also have their variant out as well. I'll put deposits down on all of them as they get announced and see how it pans out in real life.

Now if Ford does what people expect and cut the MSRP on Big Broncos and bring the price back down to where it should be I'll just buy one of those lol.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
VW and Lancia vibes. Too bad all these new interiors are just big screen TVs. Looks bad

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would love if it actually did end up being 45k. I want a plug in hybrid for my next car, but the rivians have really grown on me

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would love if it actually did end up being 45k. I want a plug in hybrid for my next car, but the rivians have really grown on me
My wife and had a hundred reasons not to buy an EV. Then we fell I love with the Rivian R1T. Really well engineered from the ground up and just fun to drive.

Paradocks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid
I've dabbled in hybrid technology for the past 3 years with my Tucson but want to go back to full ICE. Why? Because driving a hybrid has resulted in me always looking to get the little EV light on the dash to light up. It's like a game, and I find myself feathering the throttle and coasting as much as possible to get that little damn EV light to come on. It has completely taken away the joy of driving.

I could go full electric, but several factors (apartment dweller, so no home charging; lack of sufficient charging infrastructure; time it takes to charge; and yes, range anxiety) keep me off the bandwagon for now. I want to go back to a simple internal combustion engine that does not have a fricking EV light on the dashboard. I need mental help.... ;)
Sponsored