Hood Shocks installed

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
An easy 15 minutes installing Redline Tuning's "QuickLift Plus" all black hood shock system for the 2021 Bronco Sport.
With no drilling, easy bolt on, and overall appearance when done, easily worth the 100 dollar asking price.
No more hood prop for me.. Now the factory hood prop will stay secured in its holder.
Here are some pictures to see them installed.
RedlineTuning.com

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Shocks installed 20210616_142803

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Shocks installed 20210616_150349

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Shocks installed 20210616_150357

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Shocks installed 20210616_150416
Sponsored

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Did you notice the square hole on the driver side for the blind nut was wider than on the passenger side?

For me it made keeping the nut straight as I made it finger tight. I used some never sneeze to loosen the threads a little.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Shocks installed Screenshot_20210626-110900_Gallery

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Shocks installed Screenshot_20210626-110957_Gallery

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Shocks installed Screenshot_20210626-111102_Gallery

OP
OP
Steelbronco

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did you notice the square hole on the driver side for the blind nut was wider than on the passenger side?

For me it made keeping the nut straight as I made it finger tight. I used some never sneeze to loosen the threads a little.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Shocks installed Screenshot_20210626-110900_Gallery

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Shocks installed Screenshot_20210626-110957_Gallery

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Shocks installed Screenshot_20210626-111102_Gallery
Yes, when installing mine I did notice this. Before I started I had actually sprayed both of mine with some WD-40 and made sure the nuts spun freely. Then I did start on the drivers side. The hole in the hood was to wide to even hold the nut in the horizontal position but did fit perfectly in the vertical position. What I had done was screw the nut far enough out I could watch what I was doing. Then I pushed it though the hole turn the nut until it fit in the groove on each side of the nut, being careful to center it in the whole then hand tighten before final tightening. It was a little bit of a pain and passenger side is easier but still wasn't bad.. I think Redline Tuning has a video how to properly install incase we are doing something wrong.
Great pictures, and I know exactly what you mean.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Yes, when installing mine I did notice this. Before I started I had actually sprayed both of mine with some WD-40 and made sure the nuts spun freely. Then I did start on the drivers side. The hole in the hood was to wide to even hold the nut in the horizontal position but did fit perfectly in the vertical position. What I had done was screw the nut far enough out I could watch what I was doing. Then I pushed it though the hole turn the nut until it fit in the groove on each side of the nut, being careful to center it in the whole then hand tighten before final tightening. It was a little bit of a pain and passenger side is easier but still wasn't bad.. I think Redline Tuning has a video how to properly install incase we are doing something wrong.
Great pictures, and I know exactly what you mean.
And if you pull down slightly it holds the inner nut centered as you tighten. Easy to readjust so spacing on each side is equal once you see what it is doing, but good to remind people to check. I didn't have a deep socket so used box wrench which I think makes it easier to see what the nut is doing as you tighten.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Did you get that instruction sheet in your pack? It tells you how to do that and has a few pics, I can upload a pic of mine. The nut fits into the hole and then you align it vertically and in the center. The square part of the nut pops into the square hole and the flanges stay inside and grip the edges. It won't spin if you pull the square part through so the surface is flush to the sheet metal. On mine there was maybe a small burr on the sheet metal so it was a good pull and a snug fit to seat the nut. You keep tension on it while tightening and then it will completely close the gap with the flange and the washer pinching the sheet metal.

OP
OP
Steelbronco

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did you get that instruction sheet in your pack? It tells you how to do that and has a few pics, I can upload a pic of mine. The nut fits into the hole and then you align it vertically and in the center. The square part of the nut pops into the square hole and the flanges stay inside and grip the edges. It won't spin if you pull the square part through so the surface is flush to the sheet metal. On mine there was maybe a small burr on the sheet metal so it was a good pull and a snug fit to seat the nut. You keep tension on it while tightening and then it will completely close the gap with the flange and the washer pinching the sheet metal.
Yes I did but I have since thrown it away. Please feel free to post on here and we'll gladly accept the help. Thanks

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
How much higher does this raise the hood from the stock rod? Need to make sure it doesn’t hit my overhead storage.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
How much higher does this raise the hood from the stock rod? Need to make sure it doesn’t hit my overhead storage.
5 inches

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
An easy 15 minutes installing Redline Tuning's "QuickLift Plus" all black hood shock system for the 2021 Bronco Sport.
With no drilling, easy bolt on, and overall appearance when done, easily worth the 100 dollar asking price.
No more hood prop for me.. Now the factory hood prop will stay secured in its holder.
Here are some pictures to see them installed.
RedlineTuning.com

[
I am gonna be that guy. Reverse the two as the text is upside down. The OCD will kill someone lol. I made sure both were rightside up as I did it.

OP
OP
Steelbronco

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am gonna be that guy. Reverse the two as the text is upside down. The OCD will kill someone lol. I made sure both were rightside up as I did it.

Haha...well I was going to but when I started pulling one of the stickers off to change around the glue was staying on the cylinder. I decided to leave well enough alone or before I was done I wouldn't have any stickers on either one of them knowing my luck......so now I just have a talking point where people can say "psst.....that guy don't know what he's doing." Haha!

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Check the washer fluid line as well. Had to pop mine loose and pull a bit onto the hood side...
Also, carefully check hood clearance all around....

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
After looking at other threads on these struts can someone confirm that you no longer can let the hood drop to latch and that you must push it down?
Sponsored