Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Regardless of how far it made it the bs is still a unibody car with independent front suspension and is not an off roader in my eyes. Sure this video is a bit extreme. But the bs has zero ground clearance, zero approach, zero suspension articulation. Cool looking little car that's made for dirt roads. I still like mine but didn't buy it for it's off road capabilities no matter the trim.

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Regardless of how far it made it the bs is still a unibody car with independent front suspension and is not an off roader in my eyes. Sure this video is a bit extreme. But the bs has zero ground clearance, zero approach, zero suspension articulation. Cool looking little car that's made for dirt roads. I still like mine but didn't buy it for it's off road capabilities no matter the trim.
You're not wrong, lol. It can be laughable to see some of the superiority on posts (not so much here) with badlands trims pretending to be hardcore offroaders compared to their lesser spec'd counterpart lol. I can't help but think how much they are fooling themselves. This thing is what it is, and it is not what it is not.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I think "zero" is overstatement. In comparison to purpose-built off-roaders? Yeah, the Sport lacks features and capabilities some believe essential. That said, approach and departure angles are better than average for the segment, and reviewer after reviewer has marveled at the car's off-road chops.

I think it comes down to skill and how far you're willing to push it. I believe the Sport, especially the Badlands, offers significantly more off-road capability than the majority of owner's are willing to utilize.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Sorry but I think you're buying into the pro-Wrangler misinformation that's very pervasive about what it takes to go offroading. People think you need 40s, live front axles and a bulldog stance with ridgid lights to get anywhere offroad. It's just not the case. You can do a lot with the Badlands especially with it's current design. Maybe you can't rock crawl, but you can do pretty much anything else.

Check out this dude's content to see what the BS BL (Wildtrak) can do:
Broncodo Mato Dentro on YouTube

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sorry but I think you're buying into the pro-Wrangler misinformation that's very pervasive about what it takes to go offroading. People think you need 40s, live front axles and a bulldog stance with ridgid lights to get anywhere offroad. It's just not the case. You can do a lot with the Badlands especially with it's current design. Maybe you can't rock crawl, but you can do pretty much anything else.

Check out this dude's content to see what the BS BL (Wildtrak) can do:
Broncodo Mato Dentro on YouTube
I get what you're saying but there isn't any way a BS BL/HL is going to be able to do what a stock Rubicon can do. You're right- you dont need 40's and a straight axle for everything but when you do, its a game changer. This isn't the vehicle for the off road crowd- that's the domain of the full size Bronco, the JLUR, the JT, the GX... etc. These are unibody CUVs with some off road ability and electronics that can mimic a real transfer case. No more, no less.

And it isn't because its unibody and has IFS- the Grand Cherokee would like a word. And IFS isn't a killer on a body on frame vehicle either- the 4Runner hasn't had a solid axle since the Reagan administration and I can tell you my 2nd Gen was unstoppable... on 31" tires no less.

Where the BS excels is the right blend of on road manners with some solid off road chops, especially in the Badlands trim. I"m looking forward to running it down the beach next year and hitting some fire roads, as well as playing in the snow. But I'm not planning on taking it to Roush Creek- ever.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I’ve been to Moab 2x and done many of the popular trails. Did I try Hell’s Revenge?
H E 🏒 🏒 No!
I live in CA. Would I do the Rubicon? No way.
Yes the BS has its limits even with mods.
But the places it will get you is amazing.

I think Ben and his team from HRG has giving us some pretty cool mods. Hailey is awesome too.

Love to see him do a customer appreciation weekend and take us on his trails and tour of his new shop. @HRG Offroad

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I get what you're saying but there isn't any way a BS BL/HL is going to be able to do what a stock Rubicon can do. You're right- you dont need 40's and a straight axle for everything but when you do, its a game changer. This isn't the vehicle for the off road crowd- that's the domain of the full size Bronco, the JLUR, the JT, the GX... etc. These are unibody CUVs with some off road ability and electronics that can mimic a real transfer case. No more, no less.

And it isn't because its unibody and has IFS- the Grand Cherokee would like a word. And IFS isn't a killer on a body on frame vehicle either- the 4Runner hasn't had a solid axle since the Reagan administration and I can tell you my 2nd Gen was unstoppable... on 31" tires no less.

Where the BS excels is the right blend of on road manners with some solid off road chops, especially in the Badlands trim. I"m looking forward to running it down the beach next year and hitting some fire roads, as well as playing in the snow. But I'm not planning on taking it to Roush Creek- ever.
LOL, ok man.
Sponsored