Anyone have HRG vs Flatout Lift Kit Experience / Suggestions / Input?

austin3.16

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Hello,

Looking at the 1.5" Flatout and HRG kits.. any further details on the difference in included parts would be appreciated. What makes one kit's components better than the other?

https://flatoutsuspension.net/products/bronco15level?_pos=2&_sid=ca5862e73&_ss=r

https://www.hrgoffroad.com/1.5-inch-38mm-lift-kit-for-2021-2023-ford-bronco-sport/

Are Flatout's included springs necessary/helpful vs kits that do not include new springs?

For a 1.5" lift, would the shock extenders and rear subframe spacers from Flatout still be beneficial to install?

https://flatoutsuspension.net/collections/2level/products/shock-extender

https://flatoutsuspension.net/products/ford15spacer?_pos=8&_sid=ca5862e73&_ss=r&variant=43148736757995

Lastly, how easy is the install for a DIY in a driveway or is a professional install highly recommended? I've contacted a local shop and they estimated about $700 CAD ($525 USD) to do an install (5hrs work + alignment, less $ if goes faster), does that seem reasonable?

Thanks for any info!

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone have HRG vs Flatout Lift Kit Experience / Suggestions / Input? Untitled

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone have HRG vs Flatout Lift Kit Experience / Suggestions / Input? IMG_3713-3__80079
Sponsored

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
I got the 2 inch lift from Flatout. It looks great. One guy at my shop did it in less than 3 hours. Then another 30 min or so for alignment. Flatout kit is highly recommended by me. Great quality and their customer service was great as well.

dh3117

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yeah I’m looking at changing my rough country lift to the flat out with the overload springs. Does anyone know how the subframe spacers work? Does it decrease your ground clearance by 1.5” or does it lift the body above the subframes by 1.5”?

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Both kits appear to be high quality. What is the price difference? So tempting. :)

OP
OP
austin3.16

austin3.16

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Decided to order the Flatout Suspension 2" spacer lift kit along with their subframe spacers and shock extenders. Really think their kits are the most well designed and thought out to implement a small lift with minimal affect on factory geometry and components.

Also ordered some Falken Wildpeak AT3W 245/65/17's.... can't wait to see the final product of both changes

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yeah I’m looking at changing my rough country lift to the flat out with the overload springs. Does anyone know how the subframe spacers work? Does it decrease your ground clearance by 1.5” or does it lift the body above the subframes by 1.5”?
Too my understanding, they just separate the subframe from the body to optimize cv axle angle, so you ideally won't shread them and end up stranded

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Lastly, how easy is the install for a DIY in a driveway or is a professional install highly recommended? I've contacted a local shop and they estimated about $700 CAD ($525 USD) to do an install (5hrs work + alignment, less $ if goes faster), does that seem reasonable?
a. Yes that sounds relatively reasonable
B. I haven’t done a lift kit before but I have done suspension work, it is a miserable task without good tools, if you aren't confident in your abilities in this matter DO NOT RISK IT if you do something wrong, not only would you be putting yourself at risk, but any one else on the road with you, if you do try it, here are a few tools that will make your life easier,
A. Have more than one car jack, or several stands
B. Set of large sockets
C. Breaker bar, you will need this without question, you will understand why If you try it
D. A chain with hooks, when you go to remove the rear spring, wrap chain through it and chain it to a solid part of the car, an A arm or sub frame, this is for your safety, to prevent it from flying out, it isn't likely to happen, but better safe than sorry
E. An extra set of hands, you will understand why when you tackle the front suspension

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Too my understanding, they just separate the subframe from the body to optimize cv axle angle, so you ideally won't shread them and end up stranded
How does increasing the angle between the axle and CV joint optimize it?

KrisT

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I got the 2 inch lift from Flatout. It looks great. One guy at my shop did it in less than 3 hours. Then another 30 min or so for alignment. Flatout kit is highly recommended by me. Great quality and their customer service was great as well.
do you have pics you can share?