AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I have the opportunity next week to really see what this rig can do. I'm meeting up with a family friend who has a Big Bronco and is a true off-road enthusiast. He's done notorious trails like King of Hammers etc. Since he knows what he's doing he'll pick out the trail and I'm hoping we go some place that will really test the limits of the rig and I get to see first hand what it can do.

So far the only interesting places I've taken my car have been the Eastern Sierras, Montana and even then the driving wasn't very challenging. Some truck roads, I found some random sandhills to climb up, but nothing that would really test the car. Outside of that its been more the typical dog and hockey car, which is great, I wanted a car that could and does do both

So, where have you taken it? Anywhere challenging? Any place that made you examine your lines and really see what this overlanding rig can do?
Sponsored

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Notable trails I've done are Yankee Hill Road in Colorado, and the south loop of Fins and Things in Moab. Both of which I did with factory suspension and Falken Wildpeaks aired down to 20psi. Both of which I felt like I really needed to get a lift kit afterward and better skid plates. Traction was never an issue, but if your rock crawling you WILL gets some bangs. Sounds like your buddy is experienced, so he should give you some good lines to save your rocker panels.

The bronco sport badlands is capable, but with how much hyper attention you need to have while crawling due to its clearance, it will get old fast.

I imagine less rocky off roading is where this vehicle truly excels.

Chook

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just got back from the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Moab, with an overnight stop in the Valley of the Gods. I plan on going back and doing more complicated trails when time permits. However, after spending the day driving a stock Badlands with stock 225/65/17 tires through some incredibly deep mud, and Onion Creek Canyon (rated a 2 out of 10), I'm even more in love with this vehicle. Has everything I need to get me to some great camping spots.

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? VoG CL5

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? VoG CL4

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? VoG CL3

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? VoG CL2

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? VoG CL1

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I went to Moab Off-Rodeo, and took it on an antelope hunt, a javelina hunt, a turkey hunt, and two elk hunts (pulling a trailer). Great in mud and snow, but not enough clearance for the rocks. I got caught on one rock, and it was easier to dig it out than empty the rig to get at my Hi-Lift jack next tothe spare tire. I didn't buy this rig to rock crawl, but I've tested it on snow, sand, and mud, and been very happy. I do want a lift though.

If you're going to Moab, you might want to check out Warner lake. Beautiful campground and great trout fishing.

MTBiker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Wildtrak from Colombia
Hi all, salutations from Bogota, Colombia, South America. A country where 10% of its road network is paved. An SUVs wonderland! Anyhow, I bought my 2022 BS Wildtrak (here the Badlands is sold as Wildtrak), in December to go MTB in the boondocks. Here you see me ferrying across the Magdalena RIver (the Colombian Mississippi) to the Tatacoa desert for a week of MTB.

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_1343

Last edited:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ocean (multiple times)
Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_8466(1).JPG

Olympic Mountains (Obstruction Point specifically, plus lots of forest service roads)
Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_8418(1)

This summer hopefully I'll run up to Deer Park because that road looks like a heck of a trip. Nothing I've done really challenges the Bronco. Yet.

GoHack

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport, '20 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
Went up to Cerro Gordo, an old Mining Town located up above the Owens Valley near Lone Pine, California, on Sunday of the Memorial Day Weekend.

It was busy when it came to visitors w/their 4x4's up there, so much so, I didn't really get an opportunity to stop and take more pictures along the way up and down.

My Badlands worked w/no issues whatsoever going up and down, locked in 4 Wheel Drive, w/no wheel slippage or spin in the loose dirt. Tried different Goat modes, just to try, going up, which didn't make any differences. There were no issues, nor stalls whatsoever. She made it up there just fine, though I had to keep the windows closed, and the A/C off in order to keep the dust out. It was maybe 90 down in the valley, and in the upper 70's up at the mine.

I did notice her being out of 4 Wheel Drive once when going down. It might have shut off when I stopped up at the mine and shut the engine off. Does it turn off w/the engine turned off?

Outside of being dusty as mentioned, especially w/all the traffic, the dirt road wasn't bad at all, though the road is single vehicle where you had to stop and allow others to pass and vice versa. Everyone was very cordial and friendly waving thank you and hellos.

There were certainly some hairy views looking straight down along the way.

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_0375.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_0377.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_0379.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_0380.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_0373.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_0374.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_0381.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_0382.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_0376.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_0378.JPG

Last edited:

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Spent the weekend up in St. Augustine. Went out to Porpoise Point and also Crescent Beach. Saw quite a few Sports and Big Broncos. Was nice to see Broncos scattered in amongst the endless sea of Jeeps.

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_1471

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_1469

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_1472

SDPark

Badlands
First Name
Sandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the opportunity next week to really see what this rig can do. I'm meeting up with a family friend who has a Big Bronco and is a true off-road enthusiast. He's done notorious trails like King of Hammers etc. Since he knows what he's doing he'll pick out the trail and I'm hoping we go some place that will really test the limits of the rig and I get to see first hand what it can do.

So far the only interesting places I've taken my car have been the Eastern Sierras, Montana and even then the driving wasn't very challenging. Some truck roads, I found some random sandhills to climb up, but nothing that would really test the car. Outside of that its been more the typical dog and hockey car, which is great, I wanted a car that could and does do both

So, where have you taken it? Anywhere challenging? Any place that made you examine your lines and really see what this overlanding rig can do?
My husband and I were in the San Juans two weeks ago. There was a huge amount of snowfall over the winter, so several popular trails weren’t open yet. (Can you imagine driving a snowplow on those passes?!) At any rate, I drove my Badlands up Corkscrew Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, Lost Dollar Road and Brown Mountain. I can’t wait to go back! The BadSport did great!

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_5287

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_5318

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_5331

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_5364

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_5376

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_5491

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_5534

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_5694

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_5897

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_6062

Ford Bronco Sport Where have you taken your Bronco Sport? IMG_6517
Sponsored