Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Other than a Bronco Sport, what has been your most favorite vehicle you've owned?

Would you like it back if it were possible?

For me, it was a 74 Pontiac Trans AM, SD 455. Bought it in 1978, two years into my college life.

I owned it for almost a year, and had to sell it, as the car got me in trouble, ticket wise. Two speeding tickets within a month, and a couple of reckless driving warnings. I was on my mom's insurance policy, and she received a notice from her insurance company that her rate was going up. Being divorced from my dad, she had no choice but to cancel me from that policy, as she knew I would not be able to afford the rate increase, nor her.

I sold it, and bought a 1965 VW Beetle, to prove to her that I would be a good son and concentrate on my college studies, and complete my degree. I wish I had taken a second job to keep the Pontiac though, and pay the insurance myself.

Karma I suppose, as a year later, I bought the 1967 Camaro SS that I have still today; my second favorite car. It will never be as fast as the Pontiac was, but I nice example of the yesteryear pony car era.
Sponsored

Black Rob

Heritage
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
My 08 Yaris is an absolute pleasure to drive. It has every TRD part available, straight from the Toyota dealer. Clutch, quickshifter, shift knob, shocks, springs, sway bars, air filter, exhaust, oil cap, and radiator cap. Also Enkei wheels, EBC rotors and pads, LED tail lights from the JDM Yaris, Corbeau seats, Momo steering wheel and pedals. I love this car and plan on keeping it forever.
Ford Bronco Sport What was your favorite vehicle? IMG_0063
Ford Bronco Sport What was your favorite vehicle? IMG_0393
Ford Bronco Sport What was your favorite vehicle? IMG_0430

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
This is a tough one. After driving for 26 years, I've only owned 5 different cars.

I'm going to go with these two...

My first car, a 1989 Nissan Pulsar NX. Maybe it was the high school memories. Maybe it was the first girlfriend. But it was such a fun car to drive. T-Tops. Coupe. Pop up headlights. Flip out a/c vents.
Ford Bronco Sport What was your favorite vehicle? s-l1600

Ford Bronco Sport What was your favorite vehicle? sddefault

My next one would be my last... a 2006 Honda Accord EX-L Navi 5sp.

It was my first car I bought on my own. I enjoyed shifting through about 140k miles I drove in it. It was comfortable, had some neat features, and relatively easy to work on. I look at the engine compartment of the BS and I get overwhelmed. Maybe I'm old, maybe it's just unfamiliar, but I'm don't feel the need to start wrenching on it. Maybe since it's still under the factory warranty.

Ford Bronco Sport What was your favorite vehicle? IMG_1252.JPG

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Toss up between my '87 Mustang GT and my 2001 Jeep Wrangler.
Both very different but very memorable vehicles.

Favorite car ever... not mine but my parents... my dad found a Jaguar XKE (V-12) sitting in Cadillac dealers lot. Salesman tried to talk him out of buying it due to a host of issues (it was only a year or two old, at the time). The old man bought it for not a lot of money back in 1974 or thereabouts. Turned out to be several relatively minor but related issues that were squared away by a local shop who had a mechanic that loved Jags. It was a beautiful car... just silky smooth and beautiful to look at but not without it's quirks... Nearly cried when he got rid of it....

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Have had a bunch that I really loved — too many to list. Each one was is a “favorite” for various reasons, sorry I parted with each of them. The only one left is my ’66 Tiger, and unfortunately for a number of reasons I can’t drive it (medical conditions make it less than fun to try to navigate) — but maybe again some day.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That’s a tough question. I’ve liked most of the cars I had and that’s why I bought them. Earlier in my life I had an issue with wrecking them, but that turned to be due to a health issue. My right foot was very heavy so I had to put it on a restricted diet of slow and mundane vehicles. But just like real diets, I got to have treats on special occasions. The 95 Lightning was my last treat I kept for 25 years, but the 23 2 door Heritage is looking to right up there. Oh, and the Sports’ not too bad either! :cool:

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
95 Toyota Land Cruiser. I wish I had a pic

Steel Front & rear bumper, 4 inch lift, 35 KO2s on 16 in wheels with 2 inch spacers. Aftermarket skid plates, control arms, radiator, sway bars, snorkel
I could go on. Reliability issues forced me to give it up. Bought a house, got married, took a crazy new position with a pay cut and I couldn’t justify keeping it. I loved that truck. Lots of off road adventures during my 15 years in Arizona. Payson, Sunrise, Kearny and Crown King To name a few. it brought me more joy than any other Vehicle

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Have had a bunch that I really loved — too many to list. Each one was is a “favorite” for various reasons, sorry I parted with each of them. The only one left is my ’66 Tiger, and unfortunately for a number of reasons I can’t drive it (medical conditions make it less than fun to try to navigate) — but maybe again some day.
As in Sunbeam Tiger? Equipped with the Ford 289?

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
My resto-mod 1968 Mustang GT Coupe. Owned it for 12 years & regret selling it, but I was 2 points away from losing my license due to speeding tickets as it was a fast & fun car to drive. I ended up buying a 1985 GMC 4x4 step side short bed PU to slow me down.
Ford Bronco Sport What was your favorite vehicle? 100_0492

Last edited:

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
'84 VW Rabbit GTI

Ford Bronco Sport What was your favorite vehicle? 1984_Rabbit_GTI-002

The whole sequence of ownership
'70 Orange VW Fastback (used) (forgot that one, only had it a couple months)
'69 Green VW Beetle (used)
'77 Yellow Rabbit (used)
'84 Black VW Rabbit GTI
'88 Yellow Pontiac Fiero GT (still have it)
'95 Black VW GTI VR6
'04 Blue BMW X3
'17 Shadow Black Ford Escape
'24 Shadow Black Ford Bronco Sport Badlands (someday soon, I hope - Shipped Dec. 12, 2023)
Sponsored

Last edited: