Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We had a 08 Escape which my drove for a little while & did not like the front foot room, she felt cramped. She has had a Bronco II, & 3 Explorer Sports so when I showed her the Bronco Sport she wanted one. It took a little searching to find one in the color she wanted. I found one at a dealership 1 hour south of us, we went & drove it she loved it & we bought it on the spot. So far 25K trouble free miles.
Sponsored

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
I went to the dealer to check out a maverick as they were first trickling in. I had a 2019 ranger which I really liked but wasn't exactly comfortable as a daily driver and I wanted something cheaper that got better gas mileage. Three things I needed was push button start, AWD and blind spot monitoring which would have meant a Lariat 2.0 and I didn't want to spend that much. The BS wasn't really on my radar but I thought it looked cool and the more I thought about it the more an SUV made sense. It was really the first suv that I liked the styling so we found one that was in transit and I put a deposit on it. Waited about three months. Paid msrp with no add ons except I had them add the hitch. Got a harbor freight 4x8 folding trailer that I can use when I need to haul stuff. Overall I absolutely love it and of all the vehicles I have owned over the years, it's by far my favorite.

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Part of why I got one was I had previously had a 2014 Ford escape titanium with all-wheel drive and I put some falken AT trails on it and with it just being escape it did so good off-road and while regular driving, having lots of comfort and decent gas mileage, decent insurance, easy to park, All the good stuff.

Also that escape a red light runner hit me doing like 40 or 50 miles an hour, or that's what the police estimated. I was stopped waiting to turn left and they totally ignore the light. It was like 5 seconds after there's turned red. I'd already pulled into the middle of the road to try and turn and they t-boned me and with all the airbags and stuff that went off even though my car spun around 270° went on two wheels almost flipped over, I mean it was bad. All I got was a seat belt rash and I knew that that was a good model that was built well to protect me. I put a picture of the escape that got totaled. They hit me basically right in front of the driver's door from the side. Actually got hit so hard that I moved over like 10 or 20 feet and hit another car and she was in a older Dodge avenger and she actually fractured her orbital socket where her eye is and I got hit way harder. So I am so thankful for how well that escape protected me and actually because of that I'll never buy another car that doesn't have those side curtain airbags because that probably saved my head. I'm pretty sure I would be dead or a vegetable or something. If I hadn't had those and my head had hit the window. You can even see where my car is in the intersection. It's not in the middle where you would be in the left turn lane to turn. It's perpendicular and moved over like 10 or 20 feet to the right and I'm now facing east instead of south.

Also though when I read about all the cool off road stuff that they did on the Badlands I knew that it was just such an awesome all around car And when I first read about it supposedly they were going to put the 2 l in all of them. I wish they had. I just I don't think the 1.5 is enough for me at least, but it sounds like most people it's good enough. Also, I just don't see how a three-cylinder could be balanced well with that firing order even with a balance shaft attached to it

Anyways it's comfortable to drive, has great off-road characteristics, Even the non-badland or first edition or heritage, but especially with the 2.0 it has so much power for us compact SUV. It's so fast for what it is.

That's why even though I traded in my bronco sport badlands when my full-size bronco order finally came in. Although I had to sell that bronco because it clashed with something in my life. So I just went and got another bronco sport cuz it was so good.

I actually got really lucky and got one of the bronco sport heritage limited so it's basically a badlands but with all the options and the limited stuff and it is so awesome. Except for the dumb plaid inserts on the seats, I don't understand why they would think that plaid is an upgrade. I consider it a downgrade.

But anyways I just think the broncos sport is such a good all around car for someone who still wants to do low to medium off-roading or even more hardcore stuff. Basically all it's lacking is ground clearance for the craziest stuff, but I think where it's at is a perfect amount to do everything.

Also on the 2023 it feels like they tightened up the steering in the chassis and stuff a little bit. It rides a little better.

So that's why I bought it. And I'm super happy and I'm going to be keeping this one for a long time. Knock on wood.
Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? Screenshot_20230331-142435

Last edited:

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
I had a 2013 BRZ I was very happy with. I used it primarily as a commuter car. My wife’s car was our primary car and we had an older Explorer for road trips with lots of luggage. As I and my contemporaries grow older it is harder and harder to get out of low slung cars. Also I wanted something a little more practical for travel (lots of suitcases fit) since the Explorer is gone and the Lexus (2007) is getting old. It looks good, gets decent (35 mpg on a recent road trip, 29 mpg around town), comfortable ride (I feel better after an 8 hour drive than in my wife’s Lexus).

I wasn’t looking for any off road capabilities and I don’t have a problem with anyone who sneers at it as a grocery getter. It does exactly what I wanted.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I bought it for the bottle opener
Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? IMG_2200
Yes but now you need to change your beer brand as the stubbies don’t work with the rear bottle opener!

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
The size, the design, the options and the ability to buy a discounted Ford Premium Care at a discount online.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
We have one car that my wife drives every day and I drive on weekends. We looked at the Ford BS, Toyota Rav4, and Honda CRV. I was planning to buy the very practical (and bland) Hybrid CRV. Wife sighed and said, “Could we live a little and get the Bronco?” She did not have to ask twice.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Downsized, I traded in my F-150 SuperCrew, was no longer needed. 1 of our sons has a F-150 SuperCrew if needed.

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? IMG_2266

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
We have one car that my wife drives every day and I drive on weekends. We looked at the Ford BS, Toyota Rav4, and Honda CRV. I was planning to buy the very practical (and bland) Hybrid CRV. Wife sighed and said, “Could we live a little and get the Bronco?” She did not have to ask twice.
Marry that woman, STAT! Oh wait…

Fuquinay

Heritage
First Name
Fuquinay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The font.

We were driving to Maine last summer, and I saw a sport in that flat gray color. I went nuts! I became completely fixated on it.

I told my mom, and she said her partner’s son-in-law had one on order for three years. (The pandemic slowed production, of course.)

The day after we got to our cabin, the same Sport pulled into the lot to stay at the cabin behind us. I looked inside and fell more in love. I took her for a test drive when I got home.

my husband says it looks like a box and can’t believe I’m buying a car for its font. Of course, I almost named my child Garamond Bodoni. :)

Yes, I’m a writer with a master’s in design.

Build started 7/3/23.

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 1.06.02 PM

Curious. With all the sport SUV's out there, what made the members here buy the Bronco Sport?

Nosmo Rex

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I had an '88 Bronco II back in the day that I loved. When I saw Ford was bringing back the Bronco, I was intrigued, but I didn't need or want a full size off-roader. I liked the look of the Bronco Sport when they came out with the '21 model year, but wasn't ready to buy. I started a new job this year that has X-Plan access, and I started checking out the BS "just for fun". My 2013 Edge had pretty good trade-in value, and the next thing I knew I was test driving a '23 BS OBX. I pulled the trigger in May and have had no regrets. I love my Hot Pepper Red OBX and I really enjoy the Bronco community.
Sponsored