jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Always loved Ford trucks. The fire department I worked for had all Fords for their small fleet vehicles.
I was originally wanting a Maverick. After leaving a deposit, the dealer told me it could be 4 to 6 months before I saw it.
Went to another Ford dealer who said thay had a few in stock. Just off the trailer, I test drove and fell in love with my 22 Cactus Grey Outer Banks!
I've had it just over a year with almost 21k trouble free miles!
Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? 20230328_162531
Sponsored

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Same here ... long waiting time to be expected and no progress. So I went to another, bigger dealer and they happened to have exactly what I wanted coming in soon, colour. extras, etc ... and had it after 2 week, straight from the transport. Now, 15.000 km trouble free, except for a stuck window, which was easily fixed.

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? NewBronco-Oct30-2021-2a

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
Wait...... we are supposed to pay for these? Really?
:crazy:

REDWM

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F-150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
My wife has a 2012 Escape that we are going to sell to my son and his wife (at a good discount). She doesn't like the new Escapes' which she says looks like a little foreign car. Since the Bronco Sport is built like the 2012 Escape with a lot more features, she wanted one. She doesn't need it for serious off-roading since we have my 2019 Fx4 Ranger for that, we ordered a BS BB with the convenience package which has all she needs.

SpurOfThe Moment

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited Bronco Sport Peak Blue/White
My son just turned 16 and we gave him a 2017 Mustang V6 in Grabber Blue. It is his dream car and color and I was blessed enough to be able to find one, have it delivered and then drove it home to surprise him with it.

Like the boy, my wife has always been a big Mustang fan and at the last couple of local car shows we attended she really has developed an affinity for silvery blue colors - like the old Brittany Blue. She is super practical and hasn't driven a car that she picked out for herself for our entire marriage. I am in sales, so I've handed down cars to her once it was time for me to replace.

Top Secret mission was to find her a 2022 Brittany Blue Mustang Ecoboost Coastal Package - the only way to get Brittany Blue without buying a GT500. I found one locally that was a demo with 900 miles and made a sweet deal on it with the dealer. I took her to go see it thinking she would love it - and while she did, she also realized it wasn't the best fit for her needs. In addition, she laid goo-goo eyes all over a 2023 Heritage Limited Edition in Peak Blue/White. We drove a Badlands they had on the lot to confirm, and then we bought the Heritage Limited off the showroom floor - which was crazy for us as we aren't usually so spontaneous. She absolutely loves it - and because she loves it - I do too.

Here it is being backed out of the showroom. Once in a lifetime experience for us.

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? BroncoSport

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My son just turned 16 and we gave him a 2017 Mustang V6 in Grabber Blue. It is his dream car and color and I was blessed enough to be able to find one, have it delivered and then drove it home to surprise him with it.

Like the boy, my wife has always been a big Mustang fan and at the last couple of local car shows we attended she really has developed an affinity for silvery blue colors - like the old Brittany Blue. She is super practical and hasn't driven a car that she picked out for herself for our entire marriage. I am in sales, so I've handed down cars to her once it was time for me to replace.

Top Secret mission was to find her a 2022 Brittany Blue Mustang Ecoboost Coastal Package - the only way to get Brittany Blue without buying a GT500. I found one locally that was a demo with 900 miles and made a sweet deal on it with the dealer. I took her to go see it thinking she would love it - and while she did, she also realized it wasn't the best fit for her needs. In addition, she laid goo-goo eyes all over a 2023 Heritage Limited Edition in Peak Blue/White. We drove a Badlands they had on the lot to confirm, and then we bought the Heritage Limited off the showroom floor - which was crazy for us as we aren't usually so spontaneous. She absolutely loves it - and because she loves it - I do too.

Here it is being backed out of the showroom. Once in a lifetime experience for us.

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? BroncoSport
Wholesome story. Enjoy the car!

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Very awesome story! Nice husband.

DawnMac

Big Bend
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Saw the TV ad and fell in love. My Wrangler was rusting away. My salesman knew I was "kinda" looking for a new vehicle and called me when he had a few on the lot with 0%.

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My wife has a 2012 Escape that we are going to sell to my son and his wife (at a good discount). She doesn't like the new Escapes' which she says looks like a little foreign car. Since the Bronco Sport is built like the 2012 Escape with a lot more features, she wanted one. She doesn't need it for serious off-roading since we have my 2019 Fx4 Ranger for that, we ordered a BS BB with the convenience package which has all she needs.
Exactly same story! I had a 2011 Escape, which were still actual SUVs/real hatchback/boxy. I looked at all the other smaller ones and they ALL look the same, incl. the new Escape ... sloped roof, drop-shaped blobs, as if all companies used the same designer.
Bronco has a straight roof for my canoe being level, lots of space and roomy ... loved it the first time I laid eyes on it.
I went for the Outer Banks with a few extras and luckily the dealer had ordered one just they way I wanted it and I didn't have to wait 6 month. It came with the towing package, which includes a full-size spare, which raises the back floor a couple of inches and makes it all level without the step.
I also like the look how the wind reflectors optically lower the window section.
Cheers

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? NewBronco-Oct30-2021-1a

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Saw the TV ad and fell in love. My Wrangler was rusting away. My salesman knew I was "kinda" looking for a new vehicle and called me when he had a few on the lot with 0%.
How long ago was 0% being offered by Ford credit (or bank/credit union)? Just curious as the dealer I went to and bought from offered us 2.9%. I called our credit union and was offered the same rate. Our credit score was very good as well.

I know dealerships get a kickback on interest rates, so they will want to go with a higer rate than the credit places offer. This is why I always confirm a loan prior to going to the dealer. I then let the dealer provide an interest rate to see if they beat the one I've already checked on.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
How long ago was 0% being offered by Ford credit (or bank/credit union)? Just curious as the dealer I went to and bought from offered us 2.9%. I called our credit union and was offered the same rate. Our credit score was very good as well.

I know dealerships get a kickback on interest rates, so they will want to go with a higer rate than the credit places offer. This is why I always confirm a loan prior to going to the dealer. I then let the dealer provide an interest rate to see if they beat the one I've already checked on.
I got 0% for 48 months back when my first edition came in 2/10/21 .

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? 7053FD5E-C1A5-4354-A994-8485672A5CA5

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Story time:

To be honest, I was looking at the redesigned Kia Sportage, I had the Bronco Sport on the back burner though. The dealer out near Chicago low balled the trade in value of my Fusion. According to KBB, my Fusion was worth between $23,000 to $25,000. The Kia dealership offered me $19,000 something and I told them thatā€™s not what KBB says because car values were high at the time. They said KBB is not in the business to sell cars so I told them to shove it.

On my way back home, I decided to give the dealership in my town that I took my Fusion to for maintenance a chance. Iā€™ve driven the Bronco Sport twice at the auto show in Chicago so I liked how it drove. The steering feel felt the same as my Fusion. Plus I liked the truck looks and long hood, makes it look like a bigger vehicle than it is. My sales guy took what KBB said what my car was worth and I put the order in for it.

As I was waiting, I started seeing the horror stories on here of people waiting almost half a year to get their Bronco Sports and I jumped the gun on an Escape because I was worried about how my finances and my trade in value on my Fusion would be if I waited that long. The Escape was an ok car, but it didnā€™t have all the features I was getting on my Sport and I was kind of unhappy with it so I was gonna trade it in for my order until my parents had an accident with their Escape and it was totaled. So my parents bought my Escape and I got my order when it came in. Not how I wanted to get it, but it worked out in the end.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Story time:

To be honest, I was looking at the redesigned Kia Sportage, I had the Bronco Sport on the back burner though. The dealer out near Chicago low balled the trade in value of my Fusion. According to KBB, my Fusion was worth between $23,000 to $25,000. The Kia dealership offered me $19,000 something and I told them thatā€™s not what KBB says because car values were high at the time. They said KBB is not in the business to sell cars so I told them to shove it.
The Dodge dealer I bought my 2020 Challenger from did the same in lowballing me from what KBB said, to the amount of 8K lower. The Challenger had less than 3k miles, and was garage kept. We were after a Jeep 4 door, and the Bronco was a second choice. Over to Ford and well, a much better deal. I believe at times in destiny. This was one of those times.

Steve M

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Bronco Sport
Ordered a Hybrid Maverick but figured I would never get it. My 08 Hyundai needed tires/brakes/rotors to pass inspection and did not want to buy all that as it would cost about what the car was worth. Went to a my local for and found a NEW 2022 Cactus Gray Big Bend and loved the look and it drove well. Price was marked down almost $3,000 below MSRP so I snached it up. Love it so far
Sponsored