ChrisKinFLA

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport - in production
Curious. With all the sport SUV's out there, what made the members here buy the Bronco Sport?

For me, it was the look. Saw the initial advertisements when it first came out a couple of years ago, and liked it. Spring forward to 2023, and the wife and I bought one. We had bought a new Dodge challenger back in 2020, but never really drove it. It started to "own" us; never wanting to drive it to work, rain, or other reasons. A few weeks ago, we came to the conclusion that we need room and practicality. We narrowed it down to a 4 door Jeep, or the Bronco Sport.

The local dealer was really, really proud of their Jeeps, and offered us a lowball trade in value on our Challenger (had less than 3000 miles; still smelled new). We headed over to the Ford dealership, saw the Outer banks Area 51 color Bronco sport, and bought it. Got a much better trade in value, had a great salesperson, and here we are.

We have owned it now 2 weeks, and smile big every time we drive it.
A sad and frustrating story led to us buying our Bronco Sport - which has an ETA of Friday morning. 🤞🏼
Sad part - my mother passed in late November. We flew up to Detroit for the funeral in early December.
Frustrating part - We land and my Avis app isn't showing any vehicles. Wait in line and I give the Rep my info. She disappears.
Excellant part - She comes back in a few and gives us the keys to a Bronco Sport. (upgrade perhaps?)
Absolutely fell in love with it. I've never felt so at home in the driver's seat & this will be my 10th car. We were thinking maybe a Jaguar SUV (my husband's toy is an F Type convertible). But between loving the Bronco Sport, being able to use regular gas & the cost and hassle of servicing a Jaguar - it was a no brainer.
Now let's hope the dealer gives us a fair trade-in on my 2018 Escape. They are the only one that serviced it & they rebuilt the engine 2 years ago - so there's that.
Sponsored

ChrisKinFLA

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an Escape for work, we sold the wife's car to carvana for a profit, the wife hated driving the escape, so we got the BS. The only condition I really had was AWD and Co-Pilot 360+, my Escape was missing both of those. Out of all the other smaller SUVs the BS also looked the best.
Pretty much the same, made sure the BS has the features I miss on my Escape

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Fingers crossed for you ChrisKinFLA

ChrisKinFLA

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had a 2017 ford mustang gt when I lived in PA. Then I moved to Ohio in early 2021 to be with girlfriend. For one, it didn't pass their emissions check here cause it had long tube headers and no cats and secondly I figured I needed something for the winters by the Great Lakes. This was in May, we checked like 5 dealers in the area, finally found one with a badlands. They gave me a great deal on the mustang, the APR on this is 0.09% (like 50 bucks for the life of the loan), and I've driven this thing through some gnarly amounts of snow first winter I had it and she just eats it. I would've been stranded in my mustang. Haven't looked back or missed it since, this thing keeps me happy.

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? 20220827_181319
I remember well driving
Fingers crossed for you ChrisKinFLA
Thanks!
I did the Kelley Blue Book cash offer and the local. Dodge dealer is interested in my Escape. Fortunately I can pay cash, so I don't have to trade it in. 😉

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
Back in 2020 I became aware of the Bronco and Bronco Sport models coming out for 2021. I was excited to see them on the dealer lots, but alas, none appeared! As Ford began advertising them online I made an order of what I wanted on my vehicle and found the price out of my affordability for either. Put a sad face here. Then, in 2021, around June, my wife told me she read where Ford was going to build a Maverick pu. Hello! Back in my youth I owned a 1971 Mercury Comet GT that I loved. It was what we drove to Las Vegas for our honeymoon in June 1979, from SoCal. I also had a 1971 Maverick V8 that my son and I built for, well, fun! So, when the 2022 order bank opened I ordered an xlt 4x4. 6 weeks later my salesman called to tell me my Maverick order might take a year to arrive because I ordered co-pilot 360+. I told him I must have it and not change the order. My wife, who's a lot smarter than me, suggested I rethink the Bronco Sport as they were actually becoming available at the dealership. Long story shorter, I found a Big Bend ordered by my dealership that was equipped with color Area51, co-pilot 360+, tow pkg w/full size spare and even though it was priced a couple of thousand more than my Maverick ordered, my wife and I went with the BS. A year later, we are completely happy with it. I would say it's the best vehicle I have ever owned, and at age 75, I've owned many!

BillC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
We hit a deer and were rear ended in our '20 Mazda CX-5 in early Feb. Insurance was going to do an extremely fair payout, mostly because they were suing the other guy. My wife decided she wanted a BS, and I didn't want to go backwards in features and convenience items so we got our '23 BS OB. She finds it very comfortable, and has no issues driving distances in it. I like the utility of it vs the CX-5. Also, it looks kinda cool and gets great fuel mileage.

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Curious. With all the sport SUV's out there, what made the members here buy the Bronco Sport?

For me, it was the look. Saw the initial advertisements when it first came out a couple of years ago, and liked it. Spring forward to 2023, and the wife and I bought one. We had bought a new Dodge challenger back in 2020, but never really drove it. It started to "own" us; never wanting to drive it to work, rain, or other reasons. A few weeks ago, we came to the conclusion that we need room and practicality. We narrowed it down to a 4 door Jeep, or the Bronco Sport.

The local dealer was really, really proud of their Jeeps, and offered us a lowball trade in value on our Challenger (had less than 3000 miles; still smelled new). We headed over to the Ford dealership, saw the Outer banks Area 51 color Bronco sport, and bought it. Got a much better trade in value, had a great salesperson, and here we are.

We have owned it now 2 weeks, and smile big every time we drive it.
Congrats to your Bronco!!
Here are my reasons I bought one:
- I was in the market for a new SUV-like. Couldn't make up my mind and didn't like any of all the other vehicles. When I saw the Bronco Sport I was immediately sold. I'm coming from an 2011 Escape.
- Why: It simply looks good .. better then all the others. They look all alike, ... teardrop shaped blobs with the slanted roof. Why on earth would one lower the roof in the back of a hatchback and diminish the space...?
- I wanted a straight roof to put up my canoe level .. not sticking up in the front.
- At closer look I discovered many more features that I like. No monster engine / unbelievable roomy inside / can sleep in it / full size spare / real roof bars that stick up / ...

Discovered many more technical features that are outstanding, good milage, pleasure to drive.
I love my Bronco and do not regret buying it.
My partner liked it so much she got rid of her Kona and has a Bronco too now! (Area 51)
Good luck with your Broncito

Ford Bronco Sport What made you buy the Bronco Sport? NewBronco-Oct30-2021-1a

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It was a practical move. I had a Tacoma and didn't need a pickup truck anymore. The Bronco Sports came on the island and small SUV would fit the bill. After 6,500 miles the 4WD Control Module ate itself. So, for two months I was driving an over-dressed Escape. No AWD, no traction control, etc. I'm currently off-island but the dealer swears its fixed. I'll know for sure next week. If it's fixed, its up for sale. A major drive-train component taking a crap this early is all the warning I need.

I'm currently in Japan transitioning to my retirement home. My wife and I test drove and then ordered a Honda ZR-V (HR-V in the USA). Similar in size, heavier on features, lower in price, and there is no comparison of the fit and finish, and the quality of the build. The BS was my second Ford and will be my last.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I wasn't in the market for a new vehicle but I was bored. Went to check out 3 cars: a 2022 Toyota Rav4-Prime, a Bronco Sport, and a Hyundai Kona. Toyota was a bust and the salesman was a jerk, taking one look at me and saying "that's an expensive car, can you even afford it?". Left the lot and went to Hyundai, but the Ford Dealership was the next one up the road so I stopped there and never made it past the Bronco Sport in the lot. 0.9% financing for 36mos, with 20k down and I drove my happy ass back to Toyota and asked to talk to the salesman's boss to show him my new Sport.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
It was a practical move. I had a Tacoma and didn't need a pickup truck anymore. The Bronco Sports came on the island and small SUV would fit the bill. After 6,500 miles the 4WD Control Module ate itself. So, for two months I was driving an over-dressed Escape. No AWD, no traction control, etc. I'm currently off-island but the dealer swears its fixed. I'll know for sure next week. If it's fixed, its up for sale. A major drive-train component taking a crap this early is all the warning I need.

I'm currently in Japan transitioning to my retirement home. My wife and I test drove and then ordered a Honda ZR-V (HR-V in the USA). Similar in size, heavier on features, lower in price, and there is no comparison of the fit and finish, and the quality of the build. The BS was my second Ford and will be my last.
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with yours. As to the fit and finish, I'd expect you would have caught this prior to the purchase. Myself, as well as others here on this forum can come up with at least one vehicle they bought that had an issue such as yours, and would never buy again.

Good luck with your retirement (I'm not too far behind), and with the new purchased vehicle.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I wasn't in the market for a new vehicle but I was bored. Went to check out 3 cars: a 2022 Toyota Rav4-Prime, a Bronco Sport, and a Hyundai Kona. Toyota was a bust and the salesman was a jerk, taking one look at me and saying "that's an expensive car, can you even afford it?". Left the lot and went to Hyundai, but the Ford Dealership was the next one up the road so I stopped there and never made it past the Bronco Sport in the lot. 0.9% financing for 36mos, with 20k down and I drove my happy ass back to Toyota and asked to talk to the salesman's boss to show him my new Sport.
This story reminds me of the movie "Pretty Woman", where Julia Roberts enters a clothes store to buy. The sales associate gives her a look, and attitude. She walks out, buys elsewhere, then comes back to the original store to show the sales associate her packages with the remark "big mistake. big big mistake".

My wife's favorite movie.

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with yours. As to the fit and finish, I'd expect you would have caught this prior to the purchase. Myself, as well as others here on this forum can come up with at least one vehicle they bought that had an issue such as yours, and would never buy again.

Good luck with your retirement (I'm not too far behind), and with the new purchased vehicle.
Thanks for the kind words and best of luck to you as well.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
the salesman was a jerk, taking one look at me and saying "that's an expensive car, can you even afford it?"
Why do those guys shoot themselves in the foot like that? Before we met, my wife stopped at the Toyota dealer shopping for a Camry. The salesman asked her if her "husband or father" would be coming to "help" her decide on a car. She already knew what she wanted. She walked out without saying another word and called USAA fleet sales. They arranged a sale with a different local dealer--it was all taken care of by the USAA buyer. After she picked up her new car she drove back to the other dealership and tracked down the salesman. She pointed at her new car in the parking lot and said, "That's the sale you lost."

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Wow, we are on the same page today Mark! The last two cars we bought prior to getting the Bronco Sport had the salesperson disrespecting my wife. We bought, but when we got home, my wife let me know that she was not happy with those sales persons. She said they always addressed me when asking about what we wanted, and addressed any questions to me.

On this Bronco Sport we bought, I payed close attention to the sales person during the first couple of minutes. He was good! He paid close attention to my wife, addressed her needs, as well as mine. When the purchase was completed and on the drive home, she stated she liked him!

In the future we will do business with him again, along with that dealership. She gave him kudos on the satisfaction survey we got.
Sponsored