We love our BS.... but name one thing you dislike about it

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Why? ... Love It!! It makes sense in every way.
What's so great about stinking up the air ... waisting your money?
More masculine to rev up the engine at the red light? :)
The wife hates the way the vehicle shudders on stop/start. Either it's getting worse over time or we are getting more sensitized to it.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
life expectancy reduction of starter motor or bendix gear
flywheel dentistry needing crown work
time will tell
One of many reasons I will trade in before 90,000 miles.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I would love to have folding headrests. I fold my back seats down most of the time, so I take out the head rests. When I have passengers I would like to have the headrests, but don't.

I would like the panic button to be recessed like the lock button is. It goes off in my pocket when I bend over. I tried a rubber cover, which just made the bulky fob even bulkier, and didn't help. One of the Walgreens member key card between the keys and the fob helps if it is put carefully in my pocket.

I would love a 20 gallon gas tank. How hard would that have been.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
1) I miss driver's seat memory that I had in my Escape
2) I wish they'd offered ambient lighting on the Badlands

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I would love to have folding headrests. I fold my back seats down most of the time, so I take out the head rests. When I have passengers I would like to have the headrests, but don't.

I would like the panic button to be recessed like the lock button is. It goes off in my pocket when I bend over. I tried a rubber cover, which just made the bulky fob even bulkier, and didn't help. One of the Walgreens member key card between the keys and the fob helps if it is put carefully in my pocket.

I would love a 20 gallon gas tank. How hard would that have been.
You can get that folding headrests but considering they shouldā€™ve been included when you picked the car up they cost more than they should.

Ill agree with the bigger gas tankā€¦on my last trip I wish I had a bit more range.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I haven't got mine yet, but I would have liked the 2.0 engine in my Outer Banks instead of the 1.5.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I've just just over 900 miles on mine, got it just last month back in early September. The constant rattling of things that I can't reach is one of the biggest things I dislike about my BS. I'm still hoping, over time, the car will rattle itself out and stop and I can drive without excessively turning up the volume. There are rattles I hear with the volume set to 15 while driving down the highway that I just can't reach reach and fix because its behind panels. I've heard rattles from the inside of both driver and passenger side pillars. Center Console under the shifter knob, and behind the passenger side glove box. Though I am still hoping the passenger side panel can and will help negate the one behind the glove box since its just wide open underneath there with no sound dampening panel.
I've never owned a vehicle, much less a brand new one, that rattled so much while just driving down the road. That is pretty much the only negative.

I have noticed the rear glass leaking while going through a high powered touchless car wash and the sunroof making a VERY loud, and startling whistle when going through a high power car wash dryer that is aiming right at the sunroof when you drive past it. But at this point I'm just complaining about the small stuff. šŸ˜…

The vehicle has been a real treat to drive otherwise.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I've just just over 900 miles on mine, got it just last month back in early September. The constant rattling of things that I can't reach is one of the biggest things I dislike about my BS. I'm still hoping, over time, the car will rattle itself out and stop and I can drive without excessively turning up the volume. There are rattles I hear with the volume set to 15 while driving down the highway that I just can't reach reach and fix because its behind panels. I've heard rattles from the inside of both driver and passenger side pillars. Center Console under the shifter knob, and behind the passenger side glove box. Though I am still hoping the passenger side panel can and will help negate the one behind the glove box since its just wide open underneath there with no sound dampening panel.
I've never owned a vehicle, much less a brand new one, that rattled so much while just driving down the road. That is pretty much the only negative.

I have noticed the rear glass leaking while going through a high powered touchless car wash and the sunroof making a VERY loud, and startling whistle when going through a high power car wash dryer that is aiming right at the sunroof when you drive past it. But at this point I'm just complaining about the small stuff. šŸ˜…

The vehicle has been a real treat to drive otherwise.
Have you experienced the rattles from the beginning or did they show up over time?

Rattles are one of my biggest peeves.

We only have about 120 miles on our Badlands but so far itā€™s quiet. No rattles whatsoever. We donā€™t have a sunroof if that makes any difference.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Have you experienced the rattles from the beginning or did they show up over time?

Rattles are one of my biggest peeves.

We only have about 120 miles on our Badlands but so far itā€™s quiet. No rattles whatsoever. We donā€™t have a sunroof if that makes any difference.
Noticed the rattles with 3 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. I noticed it almost immediately. A lot of it comes from under the front dash on the passenger side, normally where the passenger side cover goes.... But I am not going to shove my hand up in there when I'm driving to try and isolate the rattling. šŸ˜…

It doesn't seem as bad now though, but they come and go out of the blue.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Noticed the rattles with 3 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. I noticed it almost immediately. A lot of it comes from under the front dash on the passenger side, normally where the passenger side cover goes.... But I am not going to shove my hand up in there when I'm driving to try and isolate the rattling. šŸ˜…

It doesn't seem as bad now though, but they come and go out of the blue.
I tracked and eliminated two rattles in the front. You can read about them below:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/interior-rattle.4519/#post-92604

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/tracked-and-eliminated-another-rattle.6828/

T.T.

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Just wish it had a few more horsepower like maybe 200 hp instead of 181. sometimes passing takes a little time. otherwise getting over 30 mpg with a 4wd/awd vehicle is nice. and i like most everything else
Sponsored