Melzz

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I'm having the same exact feelings! I have a build week of 6/27 and my window sticker isn't showing up yet.. not feeling great!
I’d guess it will get generated late tomorrow and will show up in the tracker sometime this weekend.
Sponsored

KatieF34

Outer Banks
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I’d guess it will get generated late tomorrow and will show up in the tracker sometime this weekend.
Oh, thank you! This next milestone seems so close yet so far away!

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m done with the waiting room!

Things got hairy the last few days negotiating the "price protection" and other incentives with my dealer but I feel like I got a good deal today and the car is perfect so far.

A few points -- No matter what they say... you are price protected on the original price on your signed invoice. The Dealership making you pay the new price and then sending a check later is NOT true price protection. You will pay higher sales tax and have other registration vehicle impacts if you concede the proper Ford-approved price protection process. There's no guarantee you will see the money so make sure the Dealer is floating that risk and not you.

Also, they tried to tell me that my $1,000 Ford Factory Credit could not be combo'd with Price Protection. This is a lie. The Factory Credits are incentives. The Price Protection is not an incentive. It doesn't "incentivize" you to buy the car because the price you order is the price you're protected at.

Both of these points resulted in phone calls to various sales people, however, they eventually caved because I had sound information and facts.

Best of luck to those waiting and having to deal with troublesome Dealers as I have.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 7C71D2C4-CAC0-460E-816F-C1B09842961B

Can you share sources for proving this info when dealing with the dealership so I can be prepared?

Dmbleist

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Can you share sources for proving this info when dealing with the dealership so I can be prepared?
Did you ask about Price Protection when signing your invoice?

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did you ask about Price Protection when signing your invoice?
I don't remember. They gave me a price that we agreed on and we both signed it. I didn't think we needed to talk about it for it to apply to me.

Dmbleist

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I don't remember. They gave me a price that we agreed on and we both signed it. I didn't think we needed to talk about it for it to apply to me.
You don’t have to necessarily talk about it. All of us are “price protected” to the cost of what we signed for. However, many forget we aren’t buying vehicles from FORD, we are buying from dealers…and if they want to increase the price they will. When I ordered I made sure I was locked into the price I was signing…my salesperson guaranteed the price would remain the same - there’s nothing more to show…it’s up to them to hold up their end of the deal or I decide not to purchase.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You don’t have to necessarily talk about it. All of us are “price protected” to the cost of what we signed for. However, many forget we aren’t buying vehicles from FORD, we are buying from dealers…and if they want to increase the price they will. When I ordered I made sure I was locked into the price I was signing…my salesperson guaranteed the price would remain the same - there’s nothing more to show…it’s up to them to hold up their end of the deal or I decide not to purchase.

I agreed to a markup up front. And they guaranteed my trade in value no matter how long the new one took. So that should work in my advantage I think. I'm just worried about the incentives not being applied.

sorlzy

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
It would be hard to post all of my information but I did watch all of "The Ford Video Guy" aka Tim Bartz Youtube videos on the subject many times over. I read post after post on Bronco Sport Forums, Bronco6G, Reddit, Blue Oval, etc. regarding price protection and the issues Ford buyers are having. I communicated any false information from my Dealer with Ford Motor Company via DM'ing their Twitter account (this was very helpful) and then I sent the Dealer photos of what FMC was telling me.

I reached out to Tim a few times to get copies of the price protection info graphics that have been made available to his subscribers.

I think the biggest thing was that I did not wait for the car to arrive on the lot. I started communicating and discussing final payments, trade-in, financing, incentives, etc. as soon as I had a VIN. This gave them time to work on their offers (or lies), discuss with me, take in my information, and ultimately give me what I wanted. I'm pretty sure I understood the car buying process, price protection, and incentives better than their 40-year veteran sales manager when I walked in the door. At one point the Dealer Sales Manager full -out laughed at me for telling him that I had information that I received from social media and Youtube...

I'm the one laughing now.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled
At least transportation to AZ is pretty fast!
That's an amazing statement... Since this is the 2nd car I ordered not built in the USA .. but the last one was built in Ontario Canada.. and I live in Michigan... But the one Built in Michigan delivered to Michigan was truly amazing... Compared to this delivery...

sorlzy

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I agreed to a markup up front. And they guaranteed my trade in value no matter how long the new one took. So that should work in my advantage I think. I'm just worried about the incentives not being applied.
Ask them for a Smart VINCENT report as soon as you have a VIN. This report will show in detail what incentives were locked when you ordered (typically a FMC manufacturer credit and financing).

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe invoice on Thursday and window sticker Friday is the trend ..

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm pretty sure I understood the car buying process, price protection, and incentives better than their 40-year veteran sales manager when I walked in the door.
The salesmen at my dealership seem annoyed every time I demonstrate an understanding of the process. I imagine the sales manager is going to be really frustrated with me when I point out each lie his workers have told me. The dealership model needs to be burned to the ground, the ashes pissed in, and the ground salted.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ask them for a Smart VINCENT report as soon as you have a VIN. This report will show in detail what incentives were locked when you ordered (typically a FMC manufacturer credit and financing).
I already contacted them when I got my VIN and shared a screenshot of the $1k incentive that was available when I ordered. He said he talked to the sales manager and they would apply whatever incentive is the best one when I come to pick it up or from when I ordered it. That's all he would really say.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The salesmen at my dealership seem annoyed every time I demonstrate an understanding of the process. I imagine the sales manager is going to be really frustrated with me when I point out each lie his workers have told me. The dealership model needs to be burned to the ground, the ashes pissed in, and the ground salted.
After you get the keys I hope

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I already contacted them when I got my VIN and shared a screenshot of the $1k incentive that was available when I ordered. He said he talked to the sales manager and they would apply whatever incentive is the best one when I come to pick it up or from when I ordered it. That's all he would really say.
The $1000 is added... Not in place off ...
Sponsored