WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
I wanted to start this thread for those of us who have vehicles waiting for us at the dealer but cannot buy them because of the FDM recall. I only put a deposit on a BS BB last month as it was an incoming dealer order/allocation. At the time my salesman had no idea about when they would even get it but it was close enough to exactly what I wanted that I went ahead. I found out on this forum how to track it and it finally arrived this last Friday. I was super excited only to find out that they won't even give the salesman the key for me to sit in it because of the recall. Now I am a sad panda. I know some of you have been waiting for several months and I don't know how I would deal with it getting to the dealer only to find I can't have it after that long. The upside is that he thinks my 2019 ranger will only go up in value in the next few weeks so that's nice (seems to be true. When he looked on the day I put the deposit, it was $38k and today it is almost $41k). On top of all that I haven't even driven one yet.

With all that said I was thinking anyone with a car at the dealer waiting for the recall can post here and then once cars start to be fixed and delivered you can post that info too. Once we see some start to get fixed, we can have some hope for our own cars. I saw in another thread that they expected to have parts in October and I am hoping that is true and the reason they finally started shipping these to the dealers. My dealer currently has five on the lot and a few on the way that all fall under the recall.

Maybe post the date it arrived at the dealer first and then the date the recall was fixed (when that starts happening, just edit your post).
Sponsored

christy414

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada
My Badlands+Badlands package arrived at the dealership in Arkansas Saturday October 23rd. They do not have any information when the part will be available to fix the recall however they are confident it will be in the first 2 weeks of November. We shall see. My ETA on my ford tracker said 11/13/2021 so I am hopeful it will be fixed by then.

PirateBrahm

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'll join up with this thread. My BS is one of the Badlands that were built in June with a missing RCM and recalled FDM. The RCM was installed in late September. The vehicle was delivered to my dealership on October 26th along with a few other Sports with recalled FDMs. I've been told that it should be ready by the end of November.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
And they sell 2,3 and 4 each month here at my small town Ford dealer with no missing anything as far as I can tell from talking to new owners.
But words out on special orders, long waits.
Here it’s no money down just a phone call list.
Sports come in sales crew call down the list. First come first serve.
But as far as I can tell only the base and the two models above are arriving.

OP
OP
WinTech

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll join up with this thread. My BS is one of the Badlands that were built in June with a missing RCM and recalled FDM. The RCM was installed in late September. The vehicle was delivered to my dealership on October 26th along with a few other Sports with recalled FDMs. I've been told that it should be ready by the end of November.
Since mine wasn't an order I made I don't know if I would have the ability to see about the RCM. Mine was a June build though. Hoping that was already taken care of and I will be able to get it this month after the recall is fixed.

Last edited:

Kpie819

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mine arrived October 14th. I heard from them the 18th or 19th that it could be one day or it could be a month, they haven't updated me since.

PirateBrahm

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Since mine wasn't an order I made I don't know if I would have the ability to see about the RCM. Mine was a June build though. Hoping that was already taken care of and I will be able to get it this month after the recall is fixed.
If you get the VIN off the sticker, you should be able to check Ford ETIS under PTI Information. Off-hand I can't recall seeing anyone posting about their units being delivered without the RCMs, just the FDMs.

Good luck, I'll post when my FDM comes in.

Blondie_jax

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I am in the same situation. My BL is en route (shipped 10/20, eta 11/24), and I hope the extra delay is minimal. I am thinking about visiting it upon arrival and checking the mileage, as I wouldn’t want anyone to take it for a test drive before I can get it!

OP
OP
WinTech

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in the same situation. My BL is en route (shipped 10/20, eta 11/24), and I hope the extra delay is minimal. I am thinking about visiting it upon arrival and checking the mileage, as I wouldn’t want anyone to take it for a test drive before I can get it!
According to my salesman since this is a stop sale safety recall, no one can drive them even the person buying it. They wouldn't even let him have the key for mine so I could sit in it. I have yet to drive one and was only able to sit in one when I reserved this one. According to the NHTSA, there are 10,000 or so Bronco Sports that are part of the recall. People who already have their vehicles should definitely get priority but I hope it won't be too long for those of us who can't buy yet.

jimvana

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Ordered my Bronco Badlands March 10. Tracking said it would arrive in October, then to December. Last week there was an update and the tracker said it was being shipped to the dealer. The Bronco came in on Monday. We got to sit in it. Scheduled to pick it up today. Got a call yesterday that the delivery had to be cancelled because of a "Stop Sale Recall". So close, but yet so far.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
No Bronco Sport left the factory before the Restraint Control Module was installed since it had to be activated at the factory. That is not the case however with the Fuel Delivery Module since it can still be driven even with it being "defective".

OP
OP
WinTech

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Bronco Sport left the factory before the Restraint Control Module was installed since it had to be activated at the factory. That is not the case however with the Fuel Delivery Module since it can still be driven even with it being "defective".
Good to know. I guess now we can just hope that Ford shipped these vehicles and sent recall letters to owners last month because parts will be available soon.

Kpie819

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I checked on the the recall today, it went from no remedy to incomplete. So they may have the parts to fix it ?

OP
OP
WinTech

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked on the the recall today, it went from no remedy to incomplete. So they may have the parts to fix it ?
Yep. I see that too. Yesterday it said remedy not available. Hopefully we are close. My dealer has five that are sold but waiting. I am sure they would love to get them out the door. The date at the bottom of my window sticker updated to today's date. I know people say that it doesn't mean anything but it coincided with the change on the recall status so who knows.

Last edited:

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yep. I see that too. Yesterday it said remedy not available. Hopefully we are close. My dealer has five that are sold but waiting. I am sure they would love to get them out the door. The date at the bottom of my window sticker updated to today's date. I know people say that it doesn't mean anything but it coincided with the change on the recall status so who knows.
The window sticker dates etc mean nothing at all. It will change when you check it. Mine was built 10/15 and shipped 10/16 with no blend date or any of the other things that people swear mean something. The only reliable way to check recall status is by looking it up on ETIS or NTSB site by VIN
Sponsored