Who’s Waiting for a Bronco Sport Hybrid?

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This week’s edition (8/28/23) of Automotive News has Future Product Pipeline for Ford. Bronco Sport Hybrid is shown as “2nd half 2024”, noting that the Sport will be refreshed in the 2nd half of 2024 and the hybrid will be a part of that. Something to look forward to…
Sponsored

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I think it should have been offered from the start like the maverick and no 1.5L option. Definitely not waiting on one now.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I wonder if the late '24 refresh will have Sync4,

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I'll keep what I have.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
The Maverick dropped the 2.5 Hybrid as the Standard drivetrain due to supply chain issues.
I wonder if the BS Hybrid will be further delayed than Automotive News predicts.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Just because you read it on the internet does not mean its true.... Come on man.... Keep waiting.....

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I would be all in at some point, i doubt i would purchase the "First Edition", get the first year blues worked out .

Bluejaye

Heritage
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
I had been waiting, but got tired of it and just bit the bullet. I knew full well that soon afterwards the hybrid would be announced.

I'm happy with what I have, but of course I would love a hybrid. I'd love to not use a drop of gasoline again, but I also don't want the headaches of a full EV.

The real question is will this hybrid be worth getting for those of us who want/need AWD/4x4, or will it be a disappointment like the Maverick's FWD-only offering.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
10 more horsepower, 45 less lbs of torque and a CVT. I'll pass.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
My previous vehicle before the BS was a Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD. I drove it for 15 years and 100k trouble free miles, just routine service, even had the original brakes. I loved it until the HV battery needed replacement, $10k from Ford. The only alternative batteries are rebuilds at $2k-4k with a 1-3 year warranty, and I tried two of those with poor results.

I would only own another hybrid if I expected to scrap it at the end of the hybrid system warranty. Don't expect a reasonably priced replacement hybrid battery to be available when you need it.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
This week’s edition (8/28/23) of Automotive News has Future Product Pipeline for Ford. Bronco Sport Hybrid is shown as “2nd half 2024”, noting that the Sport will be refreshed in the 2nd half of 2024 and the hybrid will be a part of that. Something to look forward to…
Hybrids make no sense out here in the bush. If I was living in town I’d have one already but the fuel savings are not relevant with all the highway driving I do.