Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
What was the solution you figured out? Others may want to know.
There is a thread on these already. Just search the tectico lights. There is good info there.

VampireX

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
What was the solution you figured out? Others may want to know.
[/QUOTE
Finally figured it out!

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install A43CC92E-B7C7-4AC9-B079-79974AC0B824
My only issue was thar I couldn’t get the stock marker lights to unplug. Between working blind and not familiar with the plug, I couldn’t figure how the wire was attached.

I’ve had cars where they twist on and was just being cautious not to break it. I finally figured out that’s there’s a small tab in the top of the plug and they just pull out.

Otherwise, the Tectico plug and play will install was very easy.

cario65

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport (ordered 8/11/22)
Finally installed these on my Badlands. I got the two-wire version and decided to make my own harness that goes between the factory headlight plug and the headlight. On my harness I matched up the wire size to the factory harness and split off a two wire plug for the side marker. Making the harness myself from parts from Digi-key was cheaper than buying a premade harness or prebuilt kit.

Removal of factory inserts was easy on the quarter panels with the passenger side a little more tight to work on. The Tectico clips make for a tight fit, so taking off ever will be more challenging than factory ones.

I also wrapped all the wiring with Red Wolf wire harness cloth tape.

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5105
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5100
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5101
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5103

Rhel

Badlands
First Name
Rögnvaldur
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Well got them installed - and of course, the left driver's one doesn’t blink amber, but instead the white lights blink (daytime running works fine). Thinking there’s a wiring issue somewhere inside the light itself and that’s why it’s doing that.

Either way, attaching some photos of the install to see if maybe I'm just an idiot and doing something totally wrong here:

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5538

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5539

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5541

if you want amber as a daylight and have blinker as well you need to put wires together before they go into black box where the white connection is

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_1158

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Matches with my plans for the weekend. I initially ordered the Tectico harness, but it was long, the socket was unreasonably large, and would still ahve required me to tap into the wiring. I decided to also go the Digikey route, and am glad I did. Hoping that the install goes well. I had planned to include a 2-position connector like cario65, but the ones I bought would not hold the wire gauge of the lights, despite the description. Shouldn't have bought cheap amazon connectors :/ A couple of butt connectors should be fine, though. Honestly, though, it seems like this should be an option for sale.

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20230523_105821

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20230523_123544

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Finally installed these on my Badlands. I got the two-wire version and decided to make my own harness that goes between the factory headlight plug and the headlight. On my harness I matched up the wire size to the factory harness and split off a two wire plug for the side marker. Making the harness myself from parts from Digi-key was cheaper than buying a premade harness or prebuilt kit.

Removal of factory inserts was easy on the quarter panels with the passenger side a little more tight to work on. The Tectico clips make for a tight fit, so taking off ever will be more challenging than factory ones.

I also wrapped all the wiring with Red Wolf wire harness cloth tape.

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5105
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5100
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5101
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5103
Interesting that it looks like your ground wire is in a different position from mine. Looking at your second picture, my ground wire is on the bottom left of the connector going to the vehicle socket, whereas yours looks to be top right?
Here are pics of my OEM connectors in place:
Driver side
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install drivers 2

Passenger side
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install Passenger 2

cario65

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport (ordered 8/11/22)
First pic is of my headlight plug on the OEM harness. Second is the harness I made matching the OEM layout. What model do you have? I have Badlands and that has the Signature LED Lighting standard
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5170
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_5171

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Ok this is how my mechanic hooked them up. Left headlight wiring harness. Red wire goes to the white wire. Yellow wire goes to blue wire with green stripe. black wire goes to black with green stripe. Good luck
Terrible way to run wiring. very sloppy looking, and potential for a wiring short.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Terrible way to run wiring. very sloppy looking, and potential for a wiring short.

I couldn't agree more Bucko. I didn't say anything because I don't want to insult anyone. Several folks on this thread have similar installs. Certainly, looks like an amateur job. I wouldn't be going to that "mechanic" anymore.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
What pic are you talking about ???

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
What model do you have? I have Badlands and that has the Signature LED Lighting standard
Ah, that is likely the difference. I have the Bigbend. Hopefully the wire colors still apply for my model as well. I guess I will find out when I install it.
Sponsored