Fritz

Badlands
First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Finally installed these on my Badlands. I got the two-wire version and decided to make my own harness that goes between the factory headlight plug and the headlight. On my harness I matched up the wire size to the factory harness and split off a two wire plug for the side marker. Making the harness myself from parts from Digi-key was cheaper than buying a premade harness or prebuilt kit.
Chris, would you mind to provide the part numbers of what you ordered from Digikey? I've been thinking of adding these lights myself and would prefer to create my own harness. Just don't want to risk ordering the wrong items. Thanks! Fritz
Sponsored

cario65

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport (ordered 8/11/22)
Chris, would you mind to provide the part numbers of what you ordered from Digikey? I've been thinking of adding these lights myself and would prefer to create my own harness. Just don't want to risk ordering the wrong items. Thanks! Fritz
Here the items I purchased from Digikey.com and others. Much cheaper to buy and build yourself. But if not comfortable find another path.

PART: WM17244-ND ($3.73 x 2) $7.46
MFG : Molex / 0334828601

PART: WM9433-ND ($4.26 x 2) $8.52
MFG : Molex / 0334721606

PART: WM3687CT-ND ($0.109 x 20) $2.18
MFG : Molex (VA) / 0330122002

PART: WM4685CT-ND ($0.115 x 20) $2.30
MFG : Molex (VA) / 0330001002

You also need 18 awg automotive wire. I matched the Ford harness and used two wire sizes 18 and 22 awg). Make it easier on yourself and just use all 18. But if you choose to use 22 also, here are the pins needed for that wire (PART: WM3692CT-ND & PART: WM3995CT-ND, 20 each). I purchased extra pins and sockets in case I screwed up the wire crimping. Donā€™t need the multicolor wires and you can find just a roll of automotive wire in a single color.

To put this together these tools are needed:
a. Wire tools
Pin insertion/extraction tool. Donā€™t have a source. Search Digikey or Amazon for cheap and right size

If all to daunting, go back through thread to Post 82 and try that route

Follow mine and others here on wire placement and what wires to tap into. You will also need butt connectors with heat shrink tubing attached already for the tap

Source any 2-pin connectors for the tap to side marker from Amazon. Like any project, tools are an upfront cost but then you have for future uses.

Fritz

Badlands
First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Here the items I purchased from Digikey.com and others. Much cheaper to buy and build yourself. But if not comfortable find another path.
Thanks so much for that post Chris. It's a big help! Cheers, Fritz

LocoGringo

Big Bend
First Name
Loco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My apologies if I missed it but wondering if anyone hooked into turn signal and blind spot detector?

I have the amber and white version without the harness just wires.

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
My apologies if I missed it but wondering if anyone hooked into turn signal and blind spot detector?

I have the amber and white version without the harness just wires.
Why the blind spot detector?

mikldom

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition, Area 51
I finally got around to installing mine yesterday. Mine is a 2022 OBX. Colors are mostly different from what others have posted. Let me tell you the locations.

On BOTH, look down at your connector, from the top. From the right when tooking down on the top, on BOTH, the red wire goes to the furthest wire on the right on the top row. The yellow wire goes to the wire directly to the left of it on the same row. It is a thicker wire. The ground; ground it wherever.

My set is a cheapo Amazon set, but it works and installed great. When the lights are on, the new side markers are white, when off, off. When turning on the turn signals, when lights are on, the white turns off and then it blinks amber. When lights are off, just blinks amber.

All in all, I am happy with the install.

I'll say, getting the old "vent" off was a pita. punching in the new ones was a breeze.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So, I picked up a set of these @Tectico side markers and the headlamp harness (purchased through amazon). Not very impressed with the quality unfortunately. They came with scratched lenses. Both look like this. At first I thought maybe it had a protective film on it... nope, scratched. Anyone else's look like this? I was really looking forward to these.
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20231114_170014
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20231114_165950

Nosmo Rex

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
So, I picked up a set of these @Tectico side markers and the headlamp harness (purchased through amazon). Not very impressed with the quality unfortunately. They came with scratched lenses. Both look like this. At first I thought maybe it had a protective film on it... nope, scratched. Anyone else's look like this? I was really looking forward to these.
My set was not scratched...

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20231114_170014
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20231114_165950
Not impressed with the quality either. I mean in contrast to the non-functional trim pieces Ford uses, Tectico ones are of poorer quality material. They feel light and somewhat brittle. You can definitely see/feel the difference out the box. I know I got what I paid forā€¦ That being said, you should definitely return them because mine came w/o any scratches or defects. Although, I did find a blue piece of plastic that seemed to belong to nothing inside the box.
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_1315
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install IMG_1316

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Having another set delivered. If those look just as bad, I'll just return both and the harness. I'd pay more for something quality.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So, all in all, the quality control is nonexistent for these. They claim to have "scratch resistant lenses", yet you can see how scratched they came delivered. I wouldn't recommend buying them. When I contacted Tectico about this was the reply.
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install Screenshot_20231120_101821_Email

So, basically they can't ensure they won't all be scratched.

cario65

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport (ordered 8/11/22)
I installed mine a while ago and I have never got close to them to see how scratched they may be nor worry about that

Just install and enjoy the additional side marker lighting.

Bustin Bronk

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Custom Auto works sells that headlight plug for 30.00 free shipping .Where the connector has no wire there needs to be a cavity plug or it's not water proof.

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install Badlands headlight plu
Sponsored