Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I'm getting ready to start the install of my side directionals. I discovered my can of liquid electrical tape is dried. Is there anything I can use to thin it out? Now I discovered I cannot route the wires where I want because they are too short. I'm starting to question the quality of this product.
Sponsored

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK I started my install. Let me say I'm not real impressed with this product. I ordered the set with just 2 wires (red & black). I'm only utilizing them as side directionals. The first thing I did was test the lights with a 9 volt battery to make sure they worked. Next thing was to put a little super glue around the base where the wires are attached to the lights. This will ensure that they won't pull out. I discovered that the original wires were only 45" long. I extended them so I could route them out of the way. Next I ran the wires through 1/8" vacuum hose. This will help protect them and the black looks much better. I plan on grounding them on the bottom brackets of my Redline hood struts. Below are 2 pictures of the new wiring harness with tubing and shrink tubing. Over the weekend I'll install them and take pictures of the finished job.
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 100_6549.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 100_6550.JPG

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my lights done today. I'm sure it took longer than other folks did. It also cost me a little more (rubber tubing, shrink tubing, and liquid electrical tape). I have to admit I cheated and used inline wiretap connectors. I completely painted them over with liquid electrical tape, so I'm sure they will work fine. The other thing I did was remove the gasket when installing the lights. I got a nice tight fit without them and see no problem. I'm a little fussy about the appearance under the hood. That's why I bought an engine cover, and why I don't want colored wires running all over my fender tops. I'm happy with my install and it almost looks like the factory did it. The first pic shows where I grounded the light on each side. The next 2 show both sides of the engine compartment. Clean as a whistle. My next project will be getting the illuminated cup holders I bought wired in.
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 100_6553.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 100_6551.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 100_6552.JPG

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I bought a length of the black/red wire that already comes wrapped in a black sheathing. Next I am going to put a 2 wire connector on the light before install. Then I will try my relay theory of having it on all the time in amber and flash off/on for the turn signal. I bought the tectico wiring adapter for the headlight they just came out with. Just need to order the 2 wire connector as I have almost all the parts for the install. I need to see about the Lincoln 2.0 engine cover in the future for the same reason as you MrMike.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a length of the black/red wire that already comes wrapped in a black sheathing. Next I am going to put a 2 wire connector on the light before install. Then I will try my relay theory of having it on all the time in amber and flash off/on for the turn signal. I bought the tectico wiring adapter for the headlight they just came out with. Just need to order the 2 wire connector as I have almost all the parts for the install. I need to see about the Lincoln 2.0 engine cover in the future for the same reason as you MrMike.

Good luck with your install. Keep us posted.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Great idea and a relay is probably the lowest cost solution. Run an ignition switched line and the turn signal line to the relay. Only need to buy the single LED amber color side marker light which saves money over the dual color version. You are a genius.
WoC … have you had a chance to try out your relay idea?

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
WoC … have you had a chance to try out your relay idea?
Not yet but I am going to try and work on it this weekend. Time and ambition have been scarce lately lol.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I am not having luck making it work. Since Tectico is working on the correct light setup I am going to wait. But I did use their harness to hook it up as a turn signal.

JKauf55

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Tectico has seen and listened!

I went to the Tectico store on Amazon and they now offer the side marker light bundled with a harness. Just like those have shown here how to make one and then cut/tap into wires on it instead of the factory harness. Tectico has a solution.

You can buy a side marker light set including the harness or they are offering just the harness by itself.

a. Kit including harness
b. Harness only
do you know if the kit/harness allows for the actual side marker to blink with turn/hazard signals on? Saw somewhere that it’s not available with this kit/harness

from Techtico website:

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install A9AAA03B-15A7-4916-AFDD-2A08FFAF6E07

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I am not having luck making it work. Since Tectico is working on the correct light setup I am going to wait. But I did use their harness to hook it up as a turn signal.
how were you hooking in the relay and what were the issues you had? Any diagrams of how you tried to wire it in?

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
while wiring the 5 pin relay to have 87a be the constant marker light and 87 be the turn signal required there to be an additionl switching source. 1 to activate the relay and 1 being the turn signal itself. I wanted the turn signal to be that switch. Using just the wiring from the headlight harness I was lacking a constant HOT while the lights were off. I was trying to use just the power from the headlight harness only. I did come across a product to convert a 2 wire light into a 3 wire light. I just did not want to keep nickle and dimeing my way into a simple project. I just did not have the patience and time to keep trying when I read that Tectico was going to produce a light that worked as it should. They mentioned on this forum that it is in testing as of now. I know this does' nt help much.

VampireX

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I installed the Tectico side lights today and they both work fine. I got the ones on Amazon that come with the wiring harness that plugs into the fender lamps. Popping the plug off the back of the lamp was a pain in the rear. It is an awkward angle and you can't really see what you are doing, especially on the driver's side. On the passenger side, between the foam and washer fluid reservoir, it was hard to get some pliers in position to help release the clips to remove the trim.

Overall, though, I do like the wiring harness, and once I got the plug released, it was a super easy, plug-and-play install.

Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220929_172348sm
Ford Bronco Sport Tectico LED fender light side marker install 20220929_185705sm
How exactly did you get the marker plug to release? Is it a clip, screwed in or something else? I’ve been trying, can’t see what I’m doing and can’t seem to get it.

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Maybe this video will help…

TxHill

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I got those out just fine. What I’m struggling with is the plug on back of the stock marker lights in front of the tire.
Sorry misunderstood your question then. My apologies.
Sponsored