SYNC update help!

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
So I have had major issues w the 22251 version. Can’t perform a master reset the screen freezes. Have done more of the 2 minute hold the buttons resets than I can count. Loaded the update on my USB. Update starts then I get this screen. After a few seconds the system restarts and no update. If I leave the USB in the whole process starts again. Any advice is appreciated!
Ford Bronco Sport SYNC update help! IMG_3503
Sponsored

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Alright, it doesn't let me copy and paste... not sure why.

But after the installation is complete, the instructions say to remove the USB drive then turn off your vehicle, open and close the door, then restart the vehicle.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So I have had major issues w the 22251 version. Can’t perform a master reset the screen freezes. Have done more of the 2 minute hold the buttons resets than I can count. Loaded the update on my USB. Update starts then I get this screen. After a few seconds the system restarts and no update. If I leave the USB in the whole process starts again. Any advice is appreciated!
Ford Bronco Sport SYNC update help! IMG_3503
The engine in the vehicle should be running during the entire update process. The message is telling you to stop the engine, open the drivers door, close the drivers door, lock the door, wait 2 minutes and restart the engine.

Keep the USB flash drive in the port. Follow instructions.

OP
OP

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
I’ve done everything you guys are saying. I’ve done this before, and understand the process.

It’s not working.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve done everything you guys are saying. I’ve done this before, and understand the process.

It’s not working.
I would recommend calling the Ford
Connected Services Team
+1 (833) 389-0848
They are not working today. Call tomorrow.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
I’m a new owner (1 week) of a BS In Heritage trim (love it so far) and a bit confused with these updates being discussed.

While I would expect that enabling the vehicle to connect with my home WiFi, SYNC updates would be automatic.

However, this thread and another I’ve read seem to indicate that updating is on the owner?

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Those of us with significant, ongoing 22251 issues don't want to wait for the update to decide to load itself. :)

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m a new owner (1 week) of a BS In Heritage trim (love it so far) and a bit confused with these updates being discussed.

While I would expect that enabling the vehicle to connect with my home WiFi, SYNC updates would be automatic.

However, this thread and another I’ve read seem to indicate that updating is on the owner?
Which version of Sync did your vehicle ship with?

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Those of us with significant, ongoing 22251 issues don't want to wait for the update to decide to load itself. :)
What were the issues with the 22251? I didn't have any issues I've noticed in the last couple of months owning the BS.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audio coming on when vehicle started. Audio skipping and eventually cutting out. Black screen. Controls non-responsive and freezing.

Reportedly due to dwdata partition fillig and not clearing out. Someone on the FE forum said the first file of the update clears it before 23188 is loaded.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Audio coming on when vehicle started. Audio skipping and eventually cutting out. Black screen. Controls non-responsive and freezing.

Reportedly due to dwdata partition fillig and not clearing out. Someone on the FE forum said the first file of the update clears it before 23188 is loaded.
None of that here in a 5/23 build. I just downloaded the new update and map update .

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife's '23, delivered 2/23, is running 22200.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL

In theory it should, but it you want to expedite the process you can do it manually.
Sponsored