Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
Today I received a SYNC update notice from ford, but I don't see a download anywhere. Is there a way to do the update without wi-fi?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Go to www.ford.com/support and sign in. You should be able to use the email and password you use for the FordPass app. If you aren't using the FordPass app you'll have to create an account at www.ford.com/support. Once you've logged in you can enter your vehicle's VIN and get tons of pertinent information, including about SYNC updates. From there, you can elect to download the update. The instructions on the site are pretty decent.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
done thanks. Anyone know what is new in the update?
Ford doesn't really advertise what's in SYNC updates. In my experience with SYNC3 over the past seven years or so most are housekeeping and bug fixes. There have been a few changes to icons and backgrounds, but I've never seen any changes to core functionality.

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
done thanks. Anyone know what is new in the update?
There’s no list of bug fixes or features that I’ve found. https://www.broncosportforum.com/sync-3-4-build-22200-now-available/
I wonder if it fixes the music dropout that seems to be caused by FordPass Connectivity.
As far as what I can tell it does not fix a music dropout problem but others have said that problem was solved by turning off the various sync diagnostics being sent to Ford. have you tried that yet?

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've gotten a few notifications in the last few days of this update. My BS is in the garage and connected to my home wifi. When I check for Sync updates (using the vehicle's screen interface) It connects to my wifi and tells me that my Sync is up to date, and displays the current date/time. However it shows an older version. I have done this several times. Whatever site my Bronco is connecting to does not know about this current build, 22200.

Ford Bronco Sport Sync update without Wi-Fi IMG_0732.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Sync update without Wi-Fi IMG_0731.JPG

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
There’s no list of bug fixes or features that I’ve found. https://www.broncosportforum.com/sync-3-4-build-22200-now-available/

As far as what I can tell it does not fix a music dropout problem but others have said that problem was solved by turning off the various sync diagnostics being sent to Ford. have you tried that yet?
Yes, I have been experimenting with turning off the FordPass Connectivity services and reporting the results in another thread. So far I have been successful eliminating the dropout, which points to something that could be fixed with an update.

OP
OP
Kachadurian

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
Where do I turn off Sync diagnostics?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Where do I turn off Sync diagnostics?
Settings->FordPass Connectivity->Connectivity Settings.

Start by turning everything off. All you will lose is the ability to control your BS from the FordPass app, your fob will work fine. I am currently re-enabling features one at a time to see if one causes the issue or if it is an accumulation of information sent by each feature. I don’t drive a lot do it takes me a few days to check each change :) .

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Settings->FordPass Connectivity->Connectivity Settings.

Start by turning everything off. All you will lose is the ability to control your BS from the FordPass app, your fob will work fine. I am currently re-enabling features one at a time to see if one causes the issue or if it is an accumulation of information sent by each feature. I don’t drive a lot do it takes me a few days to check each change :) .
I did something different and I have no dropout issues and I do not lose any FordPass functionality.

I turned off all SYNC Analytics & Diagnostics:
On the 8” screen, Settings - General - SYNC Analytics & Diagnostics … turn off everything… of course this really should not be the cause of a dropout issue since Ford says these are sent only when connected to WiFi. My vehicle does not use the vehicles AT&T hotspot. But perhaps some connect their bronco sport to their phones Hotspot for WiFi and maybe is the cause of their dropouts?

looks like this pic:
Ford Bronco Sport Sync update without Wi-Fi 1671639775378

I left the Connectivity settings as shown in this pic:
Ford Bronco Sport Sync update without Wi-Fi 1671639788099

However what works in my vehicle might not in yours.

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've gotten a few notifications in the last few days of this update. My BS is in the garage and connected to my home wifi. When I check for Sync updates (using the vehicle's screen interface) It connects to my wifi and tells me that my Sync is up to date, and displays the current date/time. However it shows an older version. I have done this several times. Whatever site my Bronco is connecting to does not know about this current build, 22200.

Ford Bronco Sport Sync update without Wi-Fi IMG_0732.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Sync update without Wi-Fi IMG_0731.JPG
Has to remain on WiFi to do the update so I use the USB Drive option. You can go to this link and downloaded the SYNC update to your USB Drive. The instructions here are good.
https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
My car shows connected to the network with excellent signal strength, but when I hit check for updates it just spins and spins. I always just use the USB method. I'm pretty tech-forward but sync 3 WIFI OTA update feature never seems to work. Same issue in my Focus.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car shows connected to the network with excellent signal strength, but when I hit check for updates it just spins and spins. I always just use the USB method. I'm pretty tech-forward but sync 3 WIFI OTA update feature never seems to work. Same issue in my Focus.
The “excellent (WiFi) signal strength” doesn’t mean what you think. You can Google what it means but it can show that and be transferring data to the bronco sport over WiFi at an extremely slow rate. Whenever you park your vehicle to check for updates or to update the SYNC software over WiFi has to have a good data transfer speed. But I also use USB for the update because then I can just drive the vehicle to update instead of leaving the vehicle parked and running in the garage.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
The “excellent (WiFi) signal strength” doesn’t mean what you think. You can Google what it means but it can show that and be transferring data to the bronco sport over WiFi at an extremely slow rate. Whenever you park your vehicle to check for updates or to update the SYNC software over WiFi has to have a good data transfer speed. But I also use USB for the update because then I can just drive the vehicle to update instead of leaving the vehicle parked and running in the garage.
True. But if 113 Mbps down and 104 up sitting in the driver's seat can't get it done, there are other issues.

Just did the update on USB, took no time at all.
Sponsored