Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You can paint or treat the area after drilling
I understand that. My issue is that this is in the pinch weld. What happens in areas where two plates are in close proximity is a process capillary transportation. When they started pre treating the roads and bridges with liquid brine, it seeps into every crack and crevice. Most of the rust inhibitors like fluid film and others need to be reapplied every year or two to maintain their effectiveness.

Please don’t get me wrong and I am not trying to dismiss the value of the skids and sliders @JcrOffroad is providing. I was more interested in the skids for the canister and not necessarily the rock sliders but would prefer not to drill holes in the pinch weld. I have a 2006 Escape that still runs great but has been eaten alive in the past 5 years due to the brine that’s now being applied so I’m a bit sensitive to corrosion protection.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
This stuff (ACF-50) works a treat. It's applied as a mist every so often on the interior compartments of aircraft where the skin and structural parts are not painted. ACF-50 is part of the reason you see +60-year-old Beechcraft, Cessna, and Piper aircraft still flying.
This new liquid brine is so bad, the FAA forbids vehicles driven on public roads from entering the same space shared by the airplanes. Even considering the skins are mostly aluminum or titanium.

GJarrett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport, 2017 EcoBoost Mustang
...those lines are tucked up in a channel and not hanging down exposed. You want to cover the vulnerable things, skidding the whole underside like a hot wheels car would be too much unneeded weight.
Speaking of weight, how much weight will these items add?

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hey. We get snow too! I think that’s what it’s called. The white flakes that fall from the sky and disappear into another dimension when they land?

haha. I for one am looking forward to maybe getting some of this kit next year. Just gotta figure out which pieces. For sure the two floor skids and rock sliders. Already did damage there to the floor. Also probably the cat.

not sure I would benefit too much changing out the OEM skids. They are 1/8in at least…. Which I think is dang near 11ga?
Agree. Got to be convinced on what OEM skids to replace for what I want to do with the BS. Nice to have a great OEM platform.

All that said, sincerely appreciate what you guys are doing to accessorize the BS!

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Agree. Got to be convinced on what OEM skids to replace for what I want to do with the BS. Nice to have a great OEM platform.

All that said, sincerely appreciate what you guys are doing to accessorize the BS!
I was looking more at the JCR front plate, and it looks like it has a bit of geometry to it? That could add some buffer and strength over the flat OEM. Not to mention maybe they are using tougher steel?

just not clear. On that part.

I do know I’ve whacked the fuel plates a couple times pretty good and they barely scratched.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Wrapping up the front lower bumper protection plate:

Ford Bronco Sport Skid plate and slider prototyping - JcrOffroad 1CEE191D-37C0-454F-BAFD-8AAF092EBBB9

Ford Bronco Sport Skid plate and slider prototyping - JcrOffroad 74AA49D1-54DC-4A5F-AE8D-C048BFC8BA72

Ford Bronco Sport Skid plate and slider prototyping - JcrOffroad 62FC512F-6CAE-478D-8F5E-6FC7593A9271
This looks like it might extend upward a little more than the other ones on the market? Also, it looks to be in 3 planes, which I think would be better, whereas the one I have now is in two planes.

Do the front two plates fit the Badlands? I know that other companies have different plates for the other trims vs the Badlands.

I think I remember that the final product will be dark coated (?) and I think that should be at least an option. Lastly, as several of us mentioned, in another of your threads, I think you still need to work on the design of the Holes. It still lacks something Cosmetically!!!

Last edited:

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Very cool. Would very likely be interested in something that covers the Cat section.
And... Installed...

Before:

Ford Bronco Sport Skid plate and slider prototyping - JcrOffroad 20230415_104337

After:

Ford Bronco Sport Skid plate and slider prototyping - JcrOffroad 20230415_133329

Ford Bronco Sport Skid plate and slider prototyping - JcrOffroad 20230415_133310

Installation was (almost) a snap. The only issue I ran into was that the two bolt clips (in case JCW is reading, the ones labeled #2) were quite literally just a few millimeters too short on my early-build Badlands. This added maybe an hour to the install while I realized what was going on and then contemplated what to do about it (the solution being bending the tabs back to a roughly 60 degree angle instead of the 45 they came shipped as) I would also recommend a floor jack to elevate and hold the plate in place if you are going to do this as a garage or driveway install. Last, the video instructions on YouTube by JCW were perfect, no one should need anything else to understand how to do it.

If anyone else is considering the Cat skid plate, it has my complete enorsement.

Last edited:

laurent1784

Big Bend
First Name
Laurentino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Wrapping up the front lower bumper protection plate:

Ford Bronco Sport Skid plate and slider prototyping - JcrOffroad 1CEE191D-37C0-454F-BAFD-8AAF092EBBB9

Ford Bronco Sport Skid plate and slider prototyping - JcrOffroad 74AA49D1-54DC-4A5F-AE8D-C048BFC8BA72

Ford Bronco Sport Skid plate and slider prototyping - JcrOffroad 62FC512F-6CAE-478D-8F5E-6FC7593A9271
do you guys have a launch date for the engine skid plates for the Bronco Sport Big Bend model with the later plastic oil pan? I am anxiously waiting for a release for ordering mine!

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
do you guys have a launch date for the engine skid plates for the Bronco Sport Big Bend model with the later plastic oil pan? I am anxiously waiting for a release for ordering mine!
We do not. Have not had access to one for R&D.

laurent1784

Big Bend
First Name
Laurentino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Status
Not open for further replies.