Lancer, BS BB
Many years ago, longer than I can remember
Inspecting well casing and steel driveshaft couplings for hairline cracks
Soak in gasoline
Remove and allow to air dry
Hairline cracks would remain "wet" and noticeable
Might work on plastic but not really sure
Think I read somewhere it was a failure between the two halves of the unit
Yea I was thinking, I can't see the bottom or the halves connection points. Don't think I'll remove it to find out at this point. No visible oil leak so I best leave it.
Sponsored

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wow, that’s fast! Took mine in yesterday morning, and they told me they needed the entire day for the oil recall.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Yeah, no kidding right? Every time I reverse and step on the brake it sounds like a fog horn.
This is a common thing. I’m getting my pads replaced tomorrow for the recall and the local dealer believes this will solve the issue. I do not. I believe it’s the rear brakes 🤷🏻‍♂️. We’ll see however. I have a case with corporate already on file. Just in case.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Wow, that’s fast! Took mine in yesterday morning, and they told me they needed the entire day for the oil recall.
All they do first is inspect it for damage and check the serial number. If it is damaged then it might take longer but the initial inspection is only a few minutes if there's no problem with it.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Yeppers, I got the recall to, I got 1800 miles to my 20,000 service. Think I can wait till then ?
I mean I’m past 18,000 miles and no problems..

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s a picture of the part on the engine. It’s the part with the hose with the blue lock on it. Mine shows no sign of damage or oil leaking. It’s the part just under the silver housing.
Ford Bronco Sport RECALL on oil separator 3A9BFB14-0C00-465F-9769-E5A6DB3B9C6F
Here’s a picture of the part on the engine. It’s the part with the hose with the blue lock on it. Mine shows no sign of damage or oil leaking. It’s the part just under the silver housing.
Ford Bronco Sport RECALL on oil separator 3A9BFB14-0C00-465F-9769-E5A6DB3B9C6F
Ha ! Mines hidden under my oh so lusted after engine cover LoL.
Sorry I just couldn’t help myself :’P

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
It’s not that the inspection takes very long, it’s that your dealership is very busy and wants flexibility as to when they look at your car. By leaving it with them all day they can get a tech to look at it inbetween other jobs.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We took ours in & dropped it off for a couple hours so they could inspect the oil Seperator, it was good no leaks, & to inspect & order the front brake pads for the recall.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I have not received the recall notice from Ford. I have been checking my fordpass account but nothing there either. Does that mean mine isn't part of the recall or is Ford just slow notifying people?

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I have not received the recall notice from Ford. I have been checking my fordpass account but nothing there either. Does that mean mine isn't part of the recall or is Ford just slow notifying people?
Run your VIN through the NHTSA website and see what happens.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
Run your VIN through the NHTSA website and see what happens.
I just did and says no unrepaired recalls for this vin#. Hmm. I guess I'll just have the service tech check it when I take her in for first oil change in a couple of weeks.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Got mine addressed today. The service guy told me half a percent of all Sports with the recall will actually have the issue.
I joked that it probably wasn't worth a recall notice. The pool of oil or engine smoke would be a dead giveaway for folks that are affected.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my notice in the mail.
Mine looks perfectly fine. No leaks, no sign of oil anywhere.
My 20,000 mile service is due in 1,400 miles. They can check it then. Not worried, I mean, if it was damaged I’d know by 18,600 miles I’d think.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine addressed today. The service guy told me half a percent of all Sports with the recall will actually have the issue.
I joked that it probably wasn't worth a recall notice. The pool of oil or engine smoke would be a dead giveaway for folks that are affected.
So would the aforementioned engine fire. That’s why they gotta cover their asses.
I mean, If they didn’t do the recall we would eat them alive like we did with the missing engine cover. Bad press, they’ve had too much of that already.
Sponsored