760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Good luck...I got denied with something similar. Bought the shadowblack touch-up kit ?‍♂
Yeah.. good luck is right. Got denied for the same exact thing as well. Ford knows the paint has issues but refuses to acknowledge it. They have enough recalls going on between the bronco and bronco sport, as it is lol they don’t have the time to repaint all these vehicles.
Sucks for the consumer in the end, and ford will start to feel that…
I’m looking at 3rd row vehicles and I will say for sure that it won’t be an explorer lol
Sponsored

sweetwater

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I have the same issue on my Area 51 FE.

F5C121DB-2CA9-441E-8FD1-D1258F5DF150.jpeg

72E436AD-E222-4A61-A7B0-2D305A17FDFE.jpeg

9371863D-BE3F-4558-911C-9792C63003CD.jpeg

3C843A66-196B-4BDA-9465-16E25997D607.jpeg

A7C0FA85-662E-422E-B9F8-BE13CB48C0DE.jpeg

E0049191-70A7-4166-8EB7-D7851DD8A993.jpeg
This was posted on another Thread. Could this be the problem ?

Actually, you'll be as surprised as I was, with the ignition off, you can grab ahold of the wiper arm and give it a yank to pull it up and then fold it down into a workable position. Tuck it all back when done and they'll park again after the next cycle. You can also do this to prevent them from freezing to the window, but man, if you forget to put them back down, they'll do a heck of a job to the edge of the hood with the metal arm!

Fergus

Outer Banks
First Name
Fergus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS OB
I know this sucks but it's part of owning a car nowadays. The paint they put on cars is more susceptible to these than a decade ago thanks to the EPA. Something about the chemicals they used to spray it on and air quality. My last truck was a 2017 Tundra and if you even touched it with a another door or or anything metal that had an edge it would chip. Having spent alot of money on that truck is was pissed. Bought a touch up pen from Toyota and park far AF away from everyone else. If you rode with me you were walking across that parking lot. ?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It’s not the Aluminum either. I have a 2006 Escape with an Aluminum hood. Not a chip on it like those shown. Of course, it hasn’t been washed in years so there’s always that in my favor!

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
This is the video that basically sold me on PPF. Yeah... it'll be a big investment, but then again I ordered a vehicle to avoid paying a 5k markup. So my markup money is going towards keeping marks off.

garagelogic

Outer Banks
First Name
Brodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Update: Ford said that it’s normal wear and tear... so after 1 week of ownership 3 paint chips down to the bare metal is considered “normal wear and tear” for their OFF-ROAD vehicles ? whatever...

This time next year my bronco will be 3 tone paint..., black, rapid red, and bare metal silver.
It’s not a Ford thing, it’s a modern “eco-friendly” paint thing. I had 500 miles on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and had several chips through the paint and primer on the grill from simple road debris.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
This is the video that basically sold me on PPF. Yeah... it'll be a big investment, but then again I ordered a vehicle to avoid paying a 5k markup. So my markup money is going towards keeping marks off.

Great video, thanks for sharing......... :beer:

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
Today I noticed this paint chip that goes all the way down to the metal. A bit odd for a brand new vehicle. Is this something that would be covered under warranty?

You can see from the images that it is caused by the plastic grill piece rubbing up against it. This damage is not caused by weather, rock debris etc. and therefore should be covered under Ford's warranty policy. I sent an email to the dealership manager. We will see what he says.

IMG_9373.jpg

IMG_9374.jpg
This is not a chip from the road…I‘ve seen this exact same damage on 2 different Bronco Sports on the dealers lot (with poor touch-up attempts)…this is either occurring during manufacturing OR the grill is rubbing while driving (I believe it’s the former).
It’s unfortunate but the only way it will be fixed is if word gets back to FoMoCo, through complaints and subsequent claims.
This chip will eventually lead to corrosion…

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
This is not a chip from the road…I‘ve seen this exact same damage on 2 different Bronco Sports on the dealers lot (with poor touch-up attempts)…this is either occurring during manufacturing OR the grill is rubbing while driving (I believe it’s the former).
It’s unfortunate but the only way it will be fixed is if word gets back to FoMoCo, through complaints and subsequent claims.
Making a paint claim is not easy. When I got my ordered '19 Ranger home, I noticed a similar paint defect about the size of a nickel on the bed floor near the cab. The dealer had to take a picture of the defect with a ? that had been certified by Ford and then submit the claim to Ford for considertion. Ford did honor the claim, but it took about a week for them to OK the repair.

Reactions: Jrl

broncojen

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yeah.. good luck is right. Got denied for the same exact thing as well. Ford knows the paint has issues but refuses to acknowledge it. They have enough recalls going on between the bronco and bronco sport, as it is lol they don’t have the time to repaint all these vehicles.
Sucks for the consumer in the end, and ford will start to feel that…
I’m looking at 3rd row vehicles and I will say for sure that it won’t be an explorer lol
Yep…paying to get the same exact paint chips fixed on mine. Heard there might be a class action suit.

broncojen

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Good luck with your dealer. Mine won't return my calls now and I had to pay out of pocket to get mine fixed. I know 3 other BS owners and they have the same issue. My collision guy did a fantastic job fixing it and moved the grill so it won't rub anymore. Good Luck!
Sponsored