Xpel Wheels & Calipers ( wheels off ) Outside and inside
400​
Subtotal
3259​
Tax
236​
Total
3495​

I had just the front of my ridgeline done and I hit a deer winter before last. No paint damage, but I had $2000 worth of plastic that had to be replaced. Could not believe how much it helped. I honestly believe that the bill would have been over $6000 with out the ppf, which was the bill on the silverado that was next to me getting the estimate. BTW that guy got PPF after we compared estimates as we both had about the same damage only he had some metal and paint work needed.

The ceramic coating is for easy cleanup because I live on gravel but I like my vehicle looking good. The rest is common sense stuff reading from the forum here on paint chips and the various video's out there. I had started about $2400, but watching and reading, I kept adding stuff.
Honestly that is an insane price....... Just saying..... 10% of the cost of your car?
Sponsored

FalkenAround

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So these kind of chips shouldn't be happening on a brand new car? I also found a chip in the back left door this weekend. I've had my BS for about a month now. It went all the way down to the metal and created a small dimple around the chip. Called up ford and sent them these pictures. Got a quote of over $1000. Ridiculous. Thinking of just filling it in myself.

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues 20210508_112317

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues 20210508_112327

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues 20210508_112338

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Honestly that is an insane price....... Just saying..... 10% of the cost of your car?
Not 10% but it's getting there BS, BL + BL + 360+ + tow, +. Then look at the price of a windshield, or a headlight assembly. How about just getting paint chips fixed. They are all really expensive. Especially the paint chips when done properly. Sure you can touch up, but tell me you don't see it after you have done it. If you need parts and you can't get them then what? Being from Chicago, I am sure you have some flying insects, but have you aver driven a summer night in the Red River Valley. Ten minutes and the front of your car will look like the worst fly swatter you have ever seen.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Not sure how some paint coating is going to fix what appear to be primer adhesion issues on some of these sports.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Not 10% but it's getting there BS, BL + BL + 360+ + tow, +. Then look at the price of a windshield, or a headlight assembly. How about just getting paint chips fixed. They are all really expensive. Especially the paint chips when done properly. Sure you can touch up, but tell me you don't see it after you have done it. If you need parts and you can't get them then what? Being from Chicago, I am sure you have some flying insects, but have you aver driven a summer night in the Red River Valley. Ten minutes and the front of your car will look like the worst fly swatter you have ever seen.
Again, You can get an entire car repaint for that. Especially the wheel do not need it, can't believe those are $400 alone. But hey if that's what ya want go for it. I just don't see spending that much over the lifetime on chips/scratched. Even most windshield are covered by insurance. BTW. I simply wash those bugs right off. No coating is gonna make your car bug/bullet proof.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Again, You can get an entire car repaint for that. Especially the wheel do not need it, can't believe those are $400 alone. But hey if that's what ya want go for it. I just don't see spending that much over the lifetime on chips/scratched. Even most windshield are covered by insurance. BTW. I simply wash those bugs right off. No coating is gonna make your car bug/bullet proof.
No won't be bullet proof or even beetle proof. A beetle impact at 70 not only makes a paint chip but leaves a dent, at least with out good PPF. Had an ASCMcLaren (Mustang) that proved it.

BTW: if you get a repaint for $3500 its not a good repaint.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So PPF prevents dents and solves primer adhesion problems? If so then yes worth it.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Not sure how some paint coating is going to fix what appear to be primer adhesion issues on some of these sports.
I don't understand how it works completely, but with the $600 I spent on the ridgeline, I am sold on the stuff.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
So these kind of chips shouldn't be happening on a brand new car? I also found a chip in the back left door this weekend. I've had my BS for about a month now. It went all the way down to the metal and created a small dimple around the chip. Called up ford and sent them these pictures. Got a quote of over $1000. Ridiculous. Thinking of just filling it in myself.

20210508_112317.jpg

20210508_112327.jpg

20210508_112338.jpg
sorry about your door ding...people are really inconsiderate.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
No won't be bullet proof or even beetle proof. A beetle impact at 70 not only makes a paint chip but leaves a dent, at least with out good PPF. Had an ASCMcLaren (Mustang) that proved it.

BTW: if you get a repaint for $3500 its not a good repaint.
OH boy....... OK I'm not gonna debate..I haver never had a bug chip my paint lol. Have fun spending 4K on something temporary. Agree to disagree.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
But they saying for 4k it prevents dents and primer adhesion issues so that why it worth it.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
But they saying for 4k it prevents dents and primer adhesion issues so that why it worth it.
Saying PPF prevents dents is probably overkill, dings yes. I think of it as a laminate which the plastic sheeting is...and like any laminate it makes the material it is adhered to stronger. After reading about the aluminum hoods with out the bumpers adjusted I am wonder how PPF would affect that. I am not going to let my bumpers(stops) go unadjusted to test it, but I suspect it would help, simple because of the laminate idea.

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I love my OB Area 51 but I have had two chips. One after I opened the driver side door against a parked truck. It was a gentle tap but it caused a small chip on the doors edge. I also found on today on the edge of the hood. Maybe from road debris. Touch up paint works but I am concerned how easily it appears to chip.

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues 1C4FDD9A-01EA-4907-8965-993D3783F1B8

BroncoBoi

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nickbroms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Today I noticed this paint chip that goes all the way down to the metal. A bit odd for a brand new vehicle. Is this something that would be covered under warranty?

You can see from the images that it is caused by the plastic grill piece rubbing up against it. This damage is not caused by weather, rock debris etc. and therefore should be covered under Ford's warranty policy. I sent an email to the dealership manager. We will see what he says.

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues IMG_9373

Ford Bronco Sport Paint Issues IMG_9374

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Today I noticed this paint chip that goes all the way down to the metal. A bit odd for a brand new vehicle. Is this something that would be covered under warranty?

You can see from the images that it is caused by the plastic grill piece rubbing up against it. This damage is not caused by weather, rock debris etc. and therefore should be covered under Ford's warranty policy. I sent an email to the dealership manager. We will see what he says.

IMG_9373.jpg

IMG_9374.jpg
Good luck...I got denied with something similar. Bought the shadowblack touch-up kit ?‍♂
Sponsored