Keeping your Bronco Sport how long?

How long do you predict to keep your Bronco Sport (assuming no accidents total it)?

• Total voters

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Interested in how long you plan to keep a Bronco Sport as one of your rides.

Me? I average around 1 to 4 years with a new car, but this one could be a keeper.
Sponsored

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
No timeframe.

Something catastrophic would have to happen for me to dump it. Everyone in the family gets a kick out of it.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I custom ordered my "perfect vehicle" with the intention of driving it until the wheels fall off. Splurged on the creature comforts because I knew I'd be keeping it a long time. I also don't want to impatiently wait another 8 months in the dark for my order to come in anytime soon. 😅

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Depends on if it has problems. Even if it doesn't, I'd definitely buy an online discount Ford ESP.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
This is my 4th vehicle since 2015, so i guess you can say, more than likely won't be in it for the long term. Never say never.

Beninchesapeake

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I will not keep ANY modern vehicle past the manufacturers warranty period. I had a 20 year old Corvette and I have a 21 year old Silverado, but I do not trust new vehicles to last as long. The amount of electronics in new vehicles is making them more and more difficult to service. I have a hard problem believing service techs are able to keep up with all the changes. Even the bigger well equipped service departments will have a limited number of true "master techs" . I know there are some very smart techs in this forum. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. As of now I have very little confidence in the future servicing of my 2023 Bronco Sport.

Robink

Big Bend
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
I keep mine until they die. The vehicle that I replaced with the Bronco is a Nissan Exterra that I've owned for 19 year's and has 235,000 miles on it. By far the best vehicle I have ever had and swore I would never buy American again. But here we are lol. I would love to keep the Bronco that long but like somebody else said the electronics will be the downfall of these and most vehicles. But I'm going to try!

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I will not keep ANY modern vehicle past the manufacturers warranty period. I had a 20 year old Corvette and I have a 21 year old Silverado, but I do not trust new vehicles to last as long.
Yeah, I'm leaning in that direction. I doubt my Sport will last like my 2004 Corolla, which has zero problems after 240k miles. Just routine maintenance and replacing the starter at 190k miles lol.

In that light, the Sport's cheapo interior materials make sense. Why use ultra-durable, scratch-resistant stuff if no one seriously expects it to last?

I'm keeping an eye on the new Land Cruiser and might consider one in MY25 if it really hits 27 MPG combined. But same issue as other new vehicles: turbo four-banger + hybrid + electronics I don't "need" = won't hold up like the storied Land Cruisers of old, or even my old Corolla.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We will keep it until it dies or we cannot drive anymore. Hopefully this & my F150 will be the last vehicles we buy.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I keep mine until they die. The vehicle that I replaced with the Bronco is a Nissan Exterra that I've owned for 19 year's and has 235,000 miles on it. By far the best vehicle I have ever had and swore I would never buy American again. But here we are lol. I would love to keep the Bronco that long but like somebody else said the electronics will be the downfall of these and most vehicles. But I'm going to try!
Although I owned a '19 Ranger for a short time with no issues, I'm a Honda guy. I was looking at a '23 Passport Elite with 4K miles but I loved the styling of the BS. So I took a chance. I don't have the confidence of a Honda next month on a 1500 mile round trip. It's not a good feeling. We'll see what happens if anything.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Five to ten years is the goal. I'm financing and plan to keep for a while after I pay off the bank. After that I'll probably bump up into something in the grand cherokee size range.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Still love my 1E, have kept the mileage low and I'm still positive on loan to value. This is the first brand new vehicle I've ever purchased, I'm paying it down extra each month, and expect to drive it until I can't anymore.

I purchased a 10yr, 100k B2B warranty when getting the vehicle and based on my driving habits (wife and I both WFH) that 10yr mark is going to come a lot quicker than 100k miles.

I intend to keep it until the loan is at least payed off, then we'll see. All depends on what I like more once we get there: do I want to enjoy not having a car payment or do I want something fun and new (likely a full-size Bronco if I can get one with everything I want)?

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
no time frame....until the maintenance costs start to outweigh a monthly payment...
i would have still had my 2010 escape if i wasn't dumb....
i like this and it checks all the boxes...so until something comes along that checks the boxes and more then maybe.... but average 6-10 yrs.
the bronco sport replaced our escape 2wd vs 4wd was the reason
2010 escape replaced with 2019 edge... awd more power, more room (for family)
the dumb part was i let it go for next to nothing...could have kept that and had a backup vehicle.
2006 & 2003 mustang replaced with 2012 boss 302... no explanation needed here.
etc etc
both Bronco sport and Edge check the boxes for each of us. only thing would be to "add"
a full size (which im hoping will be this year or next) then boxes checked and checked.....
Sponsored