J Bishop

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Good morning to all, I am looking to go more aggressive in my tires for my Outer Banks. We are keeping the 18's as I like the look of the rims, but want a more aggressive tire, but not planning on doing a lift and do not want any rubbing. I am not sure what is my limit in size, I have heard the Ridge Grappler 255/55/18 would be good, not sure about the fit. I have also heard about the BFG T/A KO2 LT255/55R18 and then the Falken WildPeak A/T 255/55/R18, but also hear 235 and 245's. I am looking for some help on what truly fits the 18's on the Outer Banks without a lift and no rubbing and does not take away too much from the ride, but definitely looks bigger and more aggressive than what comes on it. It mostly highway miles for us and beach. I appreciate the help and pictures would be nice. We have the Black OB with tints all around.
Sponsored

ODucksfan17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB
Good morning to all, I am looking to go more aggressive in my tires for my Outer Banks. We are keeping the 18's as I like the look of the rims, but want a more aggressive tire, but not planning on doing a lift and do not want any rubbing. I am not sure what is my limit in size, I have heard the Ridge Grappler 255/55/18 would be good, not sure about the fit. I have also heard about the BFG T/A KO2 LT255/55R18 and then the Falken WildPeak A/T 255/55/R18, but also hear 235 and 245's. I am looking for some help on what truly fits the 18's on the Outer Banks without a lift and no rubbing and does not take away too much from the ride, but definitely looks bigger and more aggressive than what comes on it. It mostly highway miles for us and beach. I appreciate the help and pictures would be nice. We have the Black OB with tints all around.
I put Toyo Open County AT3's 235/65/R18 on my Outer Banks with the stock 18" rims. There is no rubbing. I can't compare the Toyo's to the stock tires because I had them put on before I picked up my BS from the dealership. Here are some pictures:

Ford Bronco Sport Bigger Tires for my Outer Banks, keeping the 18's IMG_1333
Ford Bronco Sport Bigger Tires for my Outer Banks, keeping the 18's IMG_1132

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor

Bzwrthy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Toyos for me as well. I did the same open country AT3 like others. Much better than stock tires. Whatever you decide on, do it. Can't go wrong w Toyos or what others have suggested. Crap pic - need a better one.

Ford Bronco Sport Bigger Tires for my Outer Banks, keeping the 18's 899645BF-9825-4303-8EF9-D0BD6A5155CB

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I put the General Grabber UHP 255 / 55 /18 on my Outer Banks. Close fit but plenty of room. I do not have a lift kit on it. I have not had any rubbing when driving on rough roads. You should be good with any tire this size.

Ford Bronco Sport Bigger Tires for my Outer Banks, keeping the 18's CAR3.JPG

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
These are the exact tire and size I am considering. Any rubbing or drop in mpg at this size?
Have you taken it out on rough roads or with a heavy load on board?

Thank you!
I dont think there was really any drop in MPG. I put them not too long after we got it. I have taken plenty of road trips with a lot of weight in the vehicle and its handled great. Feels more planted on the road. Probably not going to do a lift on it anymore since there is zero rubbing and not really a need for it.

GrantCat5

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I dont think there was really any drop in MPG. I put them not too long after we got it. I have taken plenty of road trips with a lot of weight in the vehicle and its handled great. Feels more planted on the road. Probably not going to do a lift on it anymore since there is zero rubbing and not really a need for it.
Thank you for the feedback!
Looks like my local tire shop has these in 235/65/18's so I may go with those. The 65 ratio might give me just a bit more height, and I don't think I'll mind the drop in width. Still worlds better than the stocks.

GrantCat5

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I put Toyo Open County AT3's 235/65/R18 on my Outer Banks with the stock 18" rims. There is no rubbing. I can't compare the Toyo's to the stock tires because I had them put on before I picked up my BS from the dealership. Here are some pictures:

Ford Bronco Sport Bigger Tires for my Outer Banks, keeping the 18's IMG_1333
Ford Bronco Sport Bigger Tires for my Outer Banks, keeping the 18's IMG_1132
Have you tested them off-road yet with some weight in the car? Just curious about possible rubbing with the 65 ratio.

ODucksfan17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB
Have you tested them off-road yet with some weight in the car? Just curious about possible rubbing with the 65 ratio.
I haven't been able to test them off-road yet unfortunately. This really doesn't count, but I did drive on some forest service road with the BS filled with stuff I was moving. There was no rubbing, but it was just basically a slightly rough dirt road with a few rocks.