Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
Hi -
I have a 2022 Bronco Sport - long story short - I have to take my daughter to a practice each week - it is in the evening and too far away to go back home - so I have to sit in the car and wait for her for 2 hours. I enjoy reading and usually bring a book with me. My car has the fob rather than a traditional key. I have not been able to figure out how to keep my dome light on for extended periods of time without having the ignition on or the car running. My dome light turns itself off after about 15 minutes - and I have to turn on the ignition to get it working again (for about 15 minutes). The dome light is most likely an LED type of light - I am sure I would not be in any danger of running down the battery with a couple hours of use.

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the dome light on without having to keep turning the car on every 15 minutes or so?
Thanks.
Sponsored

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Right by the front "dome/map" lights is a 3-way switch; center - on/off with door, left - always off, right - always on. At least that's how it seems to be with mine, though to be honest I haven't tried to run the light for hours at a time. In fact, leave it in the off position most of the time -- at least 'til the wife complains.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
I wouldn’t be concerned. I sit in my SUV with dome lights and radio on while my phone charges. No issues with a healthy battery

no map lights?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Hi -
I have a 2022 Bronco Sport - long story short - I have to take my daughter to a practice each week - it is in the evening and too far away to go back home - so I have to sit in the car and wait for her for 2 hours. I enjoy reading and usually bring a book with me. My car has the fob rather than a traditional key. I have not been able to figure out how to keep my dome light on for extended periods of time without having the ignition on or the car running. My dome light turns itself off after about 15 minutes - and I have to turn on the ignition to get it working again (for about 15 minutes). The dome light is most likely an LED type of light - I am sure I would not be in any danger of running down the battery with a couple hours of use.

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the dome light on without having to keep turning the car on every 15 minutes or so?
Thanks.
Keep your foot off the brake pedal, and press start... that's the accessory mode

Not sure how long that stays on though.
Sponsored