First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I have been doing the same and just found one today 2.5 hours away that is confirmed built and shipped! I will be cancelling my original “desert rot” deposit and grabbing this one….ETA is end of this month ??
The one with the grey roof?
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I cancelled my order and got my deposit back after it was confirmed that Ford was giving two giant middle fingers to patient and loyal customers that got shafted by being part of the June build window. No was I was going to watch my January-ordered Badlands wile away in the hot sun and collect bird crap and tarantula eggs while people who ordered IN JUNE are watching their stock roll off the assembly line fully chipped and delivered in July/Aug.

Now combing pender dealer deliveries for first dibs on a BL+BL but not holding my breath. May have to give up on Ford altogether until their customer service experience improves significantly. Sadly, there is no other vehicle in the 2021/2022 model years that I've seen tick all the boxes along with as much fun and aesthetically appealing as either the Baby Bronc or its big brother....so as much as I want to bail on corporate on principle, I'm not sure driving around in a Japanese "protest purchase" would make me any happier!
Well said. Really nothing else out there like a BL + BL. So I decided just to wait out the auto industry crisis which will probably take a year or more to recover.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Well said. Really nothing else out there like a BL + BL. So I decided just to wait out the auto industry crisis which will probably take a year or more to recover.
Not a bad idea .
In a couple of years there might options or standard features that we would like, homelink, all black leather, BL driveline on all trims, etc.
Plus dozens to choose from on the lot :)

By then the copy cats will be coming out and maybe the competition will force the prices lower.

OP
OP

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
The one with the grey roof?
No after all that they dealer started to give me the run around on when that one was arriving so started search again….lucky to find exactly what I ordered (with black roof) has tow package (which I didn’t order) but will take!

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
That's probably smart mid term. Saw this earlier today. Take it with a bucket of salt, coming from car manufacturer CEO but here it is:

"The ongoing chip shortage in the automotive industry will likely continue into 2023. This is according to the CEO of Daimler AG, Ola Kallenius".
Mercedes Warns Chip Shortage To Continue Into 2023 | CarBuzz

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet the executives at every car manufacturer are figuring ways to turn the chip shortage to their advantage.
Lengthen the "shortage" to keep prices high while making enough vehicles to rake in the profits, as an example.
Only build the highest profit margin vehicles as another.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
That's probably smart mid term. Saw this earlier today. Take it with a bucket of salt, coming from car manufacturer CEO but here it is:

"The ongoing chip shortage in the automotive industry will likely continue into 2023. This is according to the CEO of Daimler AG, Ola Kallenius".
Mercedes Warns Chip Shortage To Continue Into 2023 | CarBuzz
Ford CEO recently said the worst is behind us. But he also said supply chains are very fluid and ever changing and unexpected shortages can still happen. I think for now it is difficult to predict and waters will be rough for a while.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I bet the executives at every car manufacturer are figuring ways to turn the chip shortage to their advantage.
Lengthen the "shortage" to keep prices high while making enough vehicles to rake in the profits, as an example.
Only build the highest profit margin vehicles as another.
They would all love to keep the max profit full price for every vehicle forever. But they aren't going to be able to do it because eventually they will be forced to put inventory on lots or lose market share.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They would all love to keep the max profit full price for every vehicle forever. But they aren't going to be able to do it because eventually they will be forced to put inventory on lots or lose market share.
Agreed, but you know they are trying to think of a way.
Somebody posted that Ford or was it every maker wanted to do build to order. That would be a way to try the "MSRP only" pricing. I don't think that will work for a large automaker making commodity products.

kbroderick

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 3.5EB
Somebody posted that Ford or was it every maker wanted to do build to order. That would be a way to try the "MSRP only" pricing. I don't think that will work for a large automaker making commodity products.
For a non-trivial percentage of car purchasers, needing to wait even a month for a build is a non-starter. It's one thing if you can plan on the purchase, or if you have other vehicles in the household to pick up the slack, but in the event of a crash and total loss or other unexpected need, the dealer with something close enough on the lot is probably going to get the sale.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
My original Bronco Sport order was April 6 for a Big Bend. In June I sat in an Outer Banks and realized how much more it had to offer. My dealer said it was no big deal to just order a different second one because he could sell the first in a minute. So I ordered an Outer banks on June 6.

The original Big Bend (ordered in April) was build the week of June 15, but has still not shipped. The Outer Banks (ordered in June) was built in mid August and arrived today at my dealership. Just to confirm that there is something going on with those June builds. I did confirm with my dealer today that they have still not gotten the original order.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford does want to "build to order" but so do all the other automakers. This way they make exactly what the customer wants and now the supply/demand issue goes away. They don't want the dealers to order stock to fill the lots only to have to discount them at the end of each model year. One thing all the automakers have learned from Covid, they can make more money by not having the dealer lots flooded with cars. Their profit margins have never been higher, even with selling fewer cars.

When I ordered my 22 Badlands, they took off $1000 for a custom order for all orders placed in Sept. I have always ordered all my cars because that way I get exactly what I want, and for less money because I'm not paying for all the extras the dealers usually add to the vehicles. However, there are many people out there that prefer to go car shopping and look at hundreds of vehicles on the dealer lots. The hard part for the automakers is to get the customers to accept this new selling model.

OP
OP

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
I was told by the new dealer I’m dealing with that also has builds from June sitting that they have been told those builds will not be brought back to the plant to be finished until AFTER they have completed all 2021 customer orders and stock orders, they won’t stop the production lines to bring them back until they are finished with the reset…that these builds will the the LAST to be completed. So thankful I found one en route ☹

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Just talked to a dealer that said expect another 1 year of delays on getting the 2021 models out.
Said chip plants are completely shut down due to Covid.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was told by the new dealer I’m dealing with that also has builds from June sitting that they have been told those builds will not be brought back to the plant to be finished until AFTER they have completed all 2021 customer orders and stock orders, they won’t stop the production lines to bring them back until they are finished with the reset…that these builds will the the LAST to be completed. So thankful I found one en route ☹
Some considered me the A-hole for stating the truth. Find one local or move on unless you are willing to wait it out. I am and I was waiting. I'm in no rush. I am retired, I have an employee pricing plan that says there isn't another brand comparable. It will be fine, my bronco will arrive. It won't be sunburned. Ford will make it right. It's a car. Do what you need to do. All the brands do the same thing in one form or another.
Sponsored