Front or Rear Brakes Recall?

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No it's not. Look at the recall number from both the NHTSA and from Ford and you will see that it specifically states that it is the REAR pads and not the front.

Recall 21v922 is for the rear brakes and was covered in the following thread:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/ford-recalling-bronco-sports-and-escapes-due-to-defective-rear-brake-pads.4437/
You'll also see in Last Pass and the letter I received that say "front brake pads". So beside rushing the introduction of this vehicle, they are rushing letters as well. 6 recalls and counting on the BS so far.
Sponsored

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You'll also see in Last Pass and the letter I received that say "front brake pads". So beside rushing the introduction of this vehicle, they are rushing letters as well. 6 recalls and counting on the BS so far.
Like I said, joke of a company.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
So beside rushing the introduction of this vehicle, they are rushing letters as well. 6 recalls and counting on the BS so far.
What is the basis and facts for your statement that Ford rushed the introduction of the Bronco Sport. It's not as if it was thrown together overnight from parts found lying around. Also Ford contracts many other suppliers for the parts that go into producing it. Long gone are the days where vehicle manufacturers make their own parts and have total control over them. There isn't any manufacturer that doesn't have recalls on any of their vehicles. It's just a fact of life that there are going to be issues with some parts from a supplier that need to be addressed. It's not only with vehicles - there are recalls everyday for items in your house from food products, baby accessories, clothing, electronics - you name it - it's been a subject of a recall. So in your view then, does that make ANYTHING that has a recall a piece of junk?

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have 0 recalls...NONE. I'm stressing out because I'm not getting any of these recalls what's wrong with my Bronco? I suggest you take a look at the other compact SUV's from other manufacturers you will be surprise by what you find...with that in mind I believe I saw in Consumer Reports the Bronco Sport was voted most reliable compact suv of 2021. Can you believe the audacity of such claims? Joking aside...these things happen and be thankful Ford wants to fix these issues instead of letting them be.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think his point--rather badly made--is that not responding to trolls is the best way to make them go away.
If that was indeed what he meant than I can deal with that. My only issue was the way he quoted my text made it seem like I was the one calling my Bronco Sport junk, which - while it had its share of issues - I am very happy with.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Does this recall fix the overly sensitive brakes? It’s hard to come to a smooth stop without having the brakes bite down hard and along with the downshifts cause me to lunge forward a bit.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’m at dealer waiting for oil change and inquired. They insist it’s front brakes and no parts to conduct recall repair at this time. But it’s safe to drive. ?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I’m at dealer waiting for oil change and inquired. They insist it’s front brakes and no parts to conduct recall repair at this time. But it’s safe to drive. ?
Unless there is ANOTHER recall regarding brakes that has not been announced by Ford or the NHTSA, or been discussed in the automotive media, your dealer is wrong. You can read the announcement regarding NHTSA Campaign Number 21V922000 on Ford's website here, and on the NHTSA's website here.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I questioned stating nhtsa says rear but ford pass notice says fronts. Dealer response, doesn’t really matter right now. We don’t have repair parts.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I questioned stating nhtsa says rear but ford pass notice says fronts. Dealer response, doesn’t really matter right now. We don’t have repair parts.
NHTSA is the 'authority' not the FordPass app. Go by what the NHTSA says.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Still, brake recall, ok to drive ???

Mike_L

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine is at the dealership getting a lift kit installed. No recalls on the radar. Build 03/21.
Sponsored