Front or Rear Brakes Recall?

MGM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I received a notice on Ford Pass regarding the brake pad recall; it says "front brake pads".

Haven't received my official letter...I wonder if it will say Front, or Back, brakes? LOL.

Ford Bronco Sport Front or Rear Brakes Recall? E8DDF627-1716-44A2-9A76-D2D85DB93D52
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
yup, just got my notice. i’m hoping EBC comes out with pads for this platform. thats the only pads i run on my cars …

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Hmmm. I've not heard about a recall on the front brakes. Anyone have a link to the data?

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Got my notice about front brake pads on FordPass…

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Lot of ppl getting alerts on ford pass for front brake recall. But Ford announce and published rear brake recall? So do we have both a front and rear brake recall? No one has said they got a rear brake recall?

Gr00t

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
Lot of ppl getting alerts on ford pass for front brake recall. But Ford announce and published rear brake recall? So do we have both a front and rear brake recall? No one has said they got a rear brake recall?
Just checked my app and no notice on my '21 BSBL

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Just checked my app and no notice on my '21 BSBL
Yeah my June built no recall notice here. And I don't have any issues with brakes either.

Reactions: Jrl

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I checked with both NHTSA and Ford and both only have it as a REAR brake recall. Guess whomever programs the Fordpass system got it wrong.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Models with the electric booster don’t have the recall, only the vacuum boosters
I thought someone already debunked this; I believe all use the same booster. IIRC, Ford used a different type of brake pad during a portion of the production run. My guess is it had something to do with supply chain issues. Ford chose a different supplier for part of the production run, and those pads didn't test out as well as the original pads used to achieve NHTSA standards.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The part of the Fordpass statement that says it is for the Front Brakes is wrong. They have the recall number and date correct, which is for the rear pads.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/ford-recalling-bronco-sports-and-escapes-due-to-defective-rear-brake-pads.4437/

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Did they send ALL the notices or they doing them in batches? I haven't recieve any recalls in the mail or my Fordpass app. Rumors were that pretty much everyone had to do brake recall or I may have read something wrong (I'm not the smartest guy I will tell you LOL)

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
I received this recall on my front brake pads too via the FordPass app. Mine said they don’t have the parts available until the second quarter of 2022. Driving around with a recall on brake pads and no parts to fix it, sounds exhilarating ?. I haven’t noticed any issue with stopping so that is promising.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I thought someone already debunked this; I believe all use the same booster. IIRC, Ford used a different type of brake pad during a portion of the production run. My guess is it had something to do with supply chain issues. Ford chose a different supplier for part of the production run, and those pads didn't test out as well as the original pads used to achieve NHTSA standards.
There are diff boosters on big Bronco, one for 4 cyl and a diff one for V6. On the sport they are all the same. Some of the 4 cyl big Bronco the brakes fail and do not work according to post on bronco6g posts.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
There are diff boosters on big Bronco, one for 4 cyl and a diff one for V6. On the sport they are all the same. Some of the 4 cyl big Bronco the brakes fail and do not work according to post on bronco6g posts.
I concur, all Bronco Sport use the same booster. Just to add to what has been said, the brake recall is due to the measured stopping distance in the event of a brake booster failure. That is to say, when the system is working, your brakes are perfectly adequate and perfectly safe. No one needs to panic over this recall, it is obviously due to an abundance of caution. If for some reason the electric brake booster were to fail, than the total stopping distance for the vehicle was more than desired. Not to say it doesn't stop or doesn't stop well, just not within the desired distance by the engineers. IIRC, it failed by like 6 feet or something. I plan to get my recall handled when we're beyond "supply chain issues" so I can get in and out without dropping the car off. And may as well use up the brakes and rotors so the recall work is actually worthwhile.
Sponsored