First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If I'm not mistaken, although a recall is forthcoming it has not actually been enacted as yet. Ford has not worked out precisely with the NHTSA what the final remedy will be. I don't know what the rules are for this particular case.
But ppl are getting alerts on Ford Pass for "front brake pad replacement" recall?
Sponsored

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The recall was effective 11/23. Just because there is no remedy does not mean there is no recall.

Others here have reported not being able to take delivery because of this recall, similar to buyers in November who couldn’t take delivery because of the FDM recall.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The recall was effective 11/23. Just because there is no remedy does not mean there is no recall.

Others here have reported not being able to take delivery because of this recall, similar to buyers in November who couldn’t take delivery because of the FDM recall.
Got it. I was sure I'd heard that some have taken delivery despite the pending recall. Obviously, I'm not a lawyer. :dance:

kcomeaux87

Big Bend
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Your sales guy said the same thing right? Gives me a little bit of hope but man I’m worried. Guess it makes sense that they’re able to sell them if they lifted the stop ship at the plant and started getting the lot rots on the train. They didn’t do that for the FDM.
So after my dealer telling me that it was go to sale and didn't have a sale hold. Today they called back and said yes it now has a sale hold and will have to wait until Ford gets parts for this new recall. Look like I'm stuck waiting until the year mark or more from my order date of 4/10/2021

Last edited:

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So after my dealer telling me that it was go to sale and didn't have a sale hold. Today they called back and said yes it now has a sale hold and will have to wait until Ford gets parts for this new recall. Look like I'm stuck waiting until the year mark or more from my order date of 4/10/2021
All of this could have been avoided if they’d actually done orders on a first come, first serve basis and gotten the June lot rots out in a timely manner once their chips came in.

What a joke Ford is.

kcomeaux87

Big Bend
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
All of this could have been avoided if they’d actually done orders on a first come, first serve basis and gotten the June lot rots out in a timely manner once their chips came in.

What a joke Ford is.
I just wish our came in on 01/03/2022. If so we could have picked them up before recall was posted and got it fixed at a later date.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
x
Got it. I was sure I'd heard that some have taken delivery despite the pending recall. Obviously, I'm not a lawyer. :dance:
I think some built in that time frame their VIN is not tied to the recall so that prob why they can be sold. I think just recently Ford starting identifying VINs to recall?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I just wish our came in on 01/03/2022. If so we could have picked them up before recall was posted and got it fixed at a later date.
That what I think the units that got delivered were sold before Ford was able to determine which VINs would be affected by recall. So those slipped out and are free to drive around and whatever no problems.....

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
That sucks.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4

What a joke Ford is.
Why own one then ! I'm pretty sure they didn't expect chip shortage , like all the rest .

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe