Got my recall letter in the mail today.
Sponsored

todd92

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia, F-150 x2, Edge x2
Ours arrived at the dealer yesterday, recall notice to them today, cannot pickup until recall done.

Rumanchoo

Big Bend
First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ours arrived at the dealer yesterday, recall notice to them today, cannot pickup until recall done.
I got my recall letter yesterday. Second quarter doesn’t necessarily mean March, could be May. That too long and especially if you’re waiting on delivery.

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got my recall letter yesterday. Second quarter doesn’t necessarily mean March, could be May. That too long and especially if you’re waiting on delivery.
It’s going to be May/June

Deleted member 6309

My 2021 just shipped this week. So yeah, now I have to wait another 4-5 months.

I am likely going to cut my losses and get a better car. Just waiting for it to show up to the dealership and for them to confirm I can’t take it until the recall is complete.
I'm in the same boat.
I ordered my BS OB August 17th, she was delivered on the 6th of January, I drove an hour to my dealership on the 7th, paid all cash for her and was told last Friday by the dealership that they aren't expecting the recalled part to come in until August or so.
I've contacted Ford multiple times and they don't understand the Stop/Hold on her bc the recalled part is the EXACT same part that EVERY other BS built from Jan- Nov is still able to "safely" drive until the recalled part arrives. They DID NOT issue a "Stop driving" warning for the brake part per the recall notices. Yet, they won't allow me to bring mine home or even allow to have me pay to have her TOWED to safely wait in my garage instead of rotting on their lot.

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm in the same boat.
I ordered my BS OB August 17th, she was delivered on the 6th of January, I drove an hour to my dealership on the 7th, paid all cash for her and was told last Friday by the dealership that they aren't expecting the recalled part to come in until August or so.
I've contacted Ford multiple times and they don't understand the Stop/Hold on her bc the recalled part is the EXACT same part that EVERY other BS built from Jan- Nov is still able to "safely" drive until the recalled part arrives. They DID NOT issue a "Stop driving" warning for the brake part per the recall notices. Yet, they won't allow me to bring mine home or even allow to have me pay to have her TOWED to safely wait in my garage instead of rotting on their lot.
August? Yeesh. First time I’ve heard that. I was told late May/early June.

todd92

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We only had to wait 4 days for the recall brake pads. Just took delivery, the ordering/build/shipping/recall/delivery saga is over and we got it right when we thought we would when the order was originally placed. Not only that, but coincidentally it is my daughters birthday today, so it's a birthday treat too! She never got to test drive one because we could never find a dealer that had a Badlands or First Edition they would let us drive. So this is the first one she has driven and she loves it!

Ford Bronco Sport Front or Rear Brakes Recall? IMG_1421

Ford Bronco Sport Front or Rear Brakes Recall? IMG_1422

Ford Bronco Sport Front or Rear Brakes Recall? IMG_1423

Deleted member 6309

We only had to wait 4 days for the recall brake pads. Just took delivery, the ordering/build/shipping/recall/delivery saga is over and we got it right when we thought we would when the order was originally placed. Not only that, but coincidentally it is my daughters birthday today, so it's a birthday treat too! She never got to test drive one because we could never find a dealer that had a Badlands or First Edition they would let us drive. So this is the first one she has driven and she loves it!

Who is your dealership??

kcomeaux87

Big Bend
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Great but how? Still shows no remedy.

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
Where is our FoMoCo rep when we need him? He has popped into many of these threads, asking for a VIN and offering to help out the person who posted the concern. Wouldn’t it be nice if he went to bat for us all right now, brought these concerns to the top brass, and allowed people to take delivery of their cars (despite the recall) after so many months of waiting. Although there are innumerable variables that the manufacturer and the dealers cannot control at this time, this particular issue seems to be one that they can control.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Great but how? Still shows no remedy.
I see the plastic square in front grill which means Copilot 360 Assist+ which means electric power brake booster which means brake recall does not apply to that vehicle. So false information. Brake recall only applies to vacuum brake boosters not electric brake boosters.

Reactions: Jrl

todd92

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was a recall and they fixed it. I don't know what more to tell you.
Sponsored