AltoAlto

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
It's almost as if, Ford decided to not include the ambient lit cup holders in the 22s, but still had some of the wiring left over so they used up the harnesses they had left and plugged them into the dead plug like on mine. After they used up the old harnesses, they no longer needed to plug the unused harness into the dead plug. This all happened somewhere between my January built Outer Banks and your February built Outer Banks.
I wonder if the old harness has a part number and could also be ordered? No idea where it routes to....so replacing the harness might be not worth it.... (just thinking out loud)
Sponsored

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi yaā€™ll Iā€™m new to the forum, but wanted to share a little bit of my BB experience. I got my Cactus Grey Outer Banks on December last year and noticed the cup holder wouldnā€™t illuminate like in other ford models. I contacted several dealers and all said the cup holder didnā€™t come with ambient lighting. After removal of cup holder I found wires cut and pre-set for ambient lighting, so I started my research. I ended up finding that the 2020+ Escape cup holder fits which has ambient lighting. Part #LJ6Z-7813562-FA. Now I have the full ambient lighting inside my Outer Banks and if you want to add it here it is! Attached are pics of originally equipped cup holder and the cut wires, part number, and finished product.

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting C3F790D5-7DF8-42A4-A7B9-9AC0C3C01CE1

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 9EF4FAB3-06AA-4837-BA25-30C5C42500F5

Ford Bronco Sport Cup Holder Ambient Lighting 284D6967-5BCA-41E6-B581-2640A269AF49
I have the 2021 Outer Banks and it has all ambient lighting - right from the start.
I'm not aware of any extra "luxury" packages that I ordered.

Cheers

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I have a '23 Outer Banks coming at the end of the year. If and when anyone gets a '23 Outer Banks, let me know if the cup holder is lit or not. I really want this and will order one to install myself if necessary.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I have a '23 Outer Banks coming at the end of the year. If and when anyone gets a '23 Outer Banks, let me know if the cup holder is lit or not. I really want this and will order one to install myself if necessary.
They stopped including them on the 22's including the wiring later so I doubt you will have it. Hopefully once someone with a 23 can tell you fore sure. I just would not count on it.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They stopped including them on the 22's including the wiring later so I doubt you will have it. Hopefully once someone with a 23 can tell you for sure. I just would not count on it.

That's OK! I love this kind of project. I've been doing this type of thing for 50 plus years. I'll tackle this when I do the Tectico side light project.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

pkmed

Outer Banks
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you tell I'm new here šŸ˜‚ Thank you, sorry about that. I'll delete my post.
Your fine. Thatā€™s the point of the forum. Crowdsourcing help.

pkmed

Outer Banks
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I'm in Syracuse, NY. If you're close enough, I'd be glad to help you with the installation of those side markers.
Thank you! I wish I were closer I'd take you up on that.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the part, but not the plug on my 2022 OBX built on 7/4. DM me if you are interested in the part. Paid $34.18, just add shipping to your neck of the woods and itā€™s yours.

Jenbeth

I'm just waiting for my '23 OBX to be built and delivered. If it does not have illuminated cup holders, I would be interested in purchasing this part if you still have it.

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husbandā€™s F-150
Jenbeth

I'm just waiting for my '23 OBX to be built and delivered. If it does not have illuminated cup holders, I would be interested in purchasing this part if you still have it.
Just let me know, I still have it.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm waiting for delivery of my '23 OBX to do this mod if necessary. From the pictures I see in this thread, I don't see a big problem. Every one of the shown wiring harnesses have power for a light. Turn your vehicle off but turn the lights on. The shifter, goat mode, and other switches all light up. Just probe the back of the harnesses until you find the hot wire. I'll bet it's the same color in all of them. Just strip the covering back from the connector and splice the wire for your cup holder in. Tape everything up and you're good to go. Make sure your ignition is off and the lights are on. The only wires that are hot would be for the lights.